October 2020 Moms

FB Vote In

edited July 2020 in October 2020 Moms
Okay let’s just move forward with voting people in with love it’s.   Love it’s only count if they come from regulars within the group and not rando’s voting.  And let’s get a group of admins together for FB.  

If someone asks to be in the group and the regulars don’t know them or feel like you’ve participated much please let an admin know via pm on here. Let’s go with a minimum of 10 votes.  

Re: FB Vote In

• Loading the player...
  • @tdevlindrye I’ll be honest I don’t remember you at all and thought it was odd you popped up right about the time we’re all getting ready to make the move to FB.  I don’t say these things to be mean, but my last bmb had some nefarious characters in it who did the same thing and caused a lot of problems once the move happened.  
  • @anitamargarita_82 Yep, totally valid. I don't think you are being mean at all. I get that you are just protecting the group. 

In case it helps, I think you can see my activity if you click on my profile. When I click on it, it shows me which threads I've been active in and any mentions I've had. Not sure if it shows that info to everyone, but I did start posting again before the Facebook group became a topic of conversation. I see a lot of notifications from June Randoms and the Baby Names thread. I also can see that I intro'ed on 4 Feb and had a lot of activity in the beginning (and even started the first few UO/FFFC threads). My account was created April 2017 when I started posting in the BMB for my first pregnancy (Jan18). I posted as caeilievalor there, if anyone wants to check it out. I know that doesn't show my activity in this group, but it may put someone's mind at ease that they can see I'm a real person and wasn't involved in any drama.

I acknowledge I wasn't as active in this group as I first intended to be. If anyone is interested to know why: in March/April when the virus posts in social media in general exploded, I had to disconnect. It was too much for me to experience while also going through the stress of the beginning of the pregnancy. I deleted Facebook from my phone and stopped visiting other social media outlets, including TB. It was frankly just too upsetting to see so many people fighting over all of it. Looking back, I feel like this is the one place I should have stayed connected to because we have all gone through a coronavirus pregnancy.

I mention all that for the people that might feel more comfortable knowing all that. HOWEVER, if your comfort level is simply based on "Do I recognize this person?" and I DON'T fall into that category for you, I get it, truly. I know *I* feel particularly vulnerable during and about my pregnancy and the last thing I want to do is make someone else uneasy during their pregnancy. 

This group IS meaningful to me and it would bring me joy to be able to stay in touch with everyone and see our babies grow, BUT I do not value my joy over someone else's comfort. I honestly will understand and respect whatever decision is made about me moving over to the FB group.
  • @tdevlindrye I recognized your name because when I first saw you in here I knew you looked familiar and did some digging and found you were in January '18. I was December '17 and due late in the month so though I officially joined D17, I lurked January pretty hard.  :D
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared Oh my gosh, how funny! Did you ever post in Jan18? Your screen name looks super familiar to me and I'm wondering if it's just from this group. We actually had a couple people in Jan18 due at end of Dec sneak in, haha.
  • @tdevlindrye I remember awhile back trying to make your little avatar photo larger because in the small version you look verrrryyyy similar to someone I used to work with! 😂
  • @tdevlindrye I didn't ever really post there or join, but I remember there was some crossover between the two a couple times, lol. I think there was an FFFC one time that started some commenting between the groups. I know TONS of people due at the end of the month don't like being last or whatever so they move to the next month. I feel like 90% of my BMB had their babies weeks to a month before me because people did that! Lol.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @tdevlindrye tbh I didn't realize you left, I remember you because you talked about your last name being your screen name and you're also in a Facebook baby name group that I'm in as well, so I voted for you! 
  • @MJDsquared That seems vaguely familiar to me! I remember our FFFC/UO threads in J18 were notoriously tame and either D17 or F18 would make fun of us for being 'too nice'.  :D
  • Okay I created the group with all of the necessary privacy settings.   @peanutorcookie and @amapa20 let’s get you both added and start adding the rest of the group.  
    I guess send me via PM your emails or makes associated with your FB.  
    Here is the group image of anyone wants to try and find it.  I’m fairly certain the privacy stuff is set up properly. 

• @kboydbowman I friended you so I can add you to the group. 
  • @anitamargarita_82 Looks good! Couldn’t find it anywhere on my search! Thanks for setting it up. 
  • @anitamargarita_82 the privacy settings must be working since I can't search for it! haha I'll wait for my invite.
  • Message sent to you @anitamargarita_82 I hope that works.