December 2020 Moms

Week 3 (12/15-12/21) Check In - July 8

Noticed these weren’t posted this week so thought I’d start our week!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+: 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming?

Re: Week 3 (12/15-12/21) Check In - July 8

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 17+1 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate or large onion, or a folded up pair of sunglasses

Upcoming appointments: 8/4 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling: pretty great! I have more energy. I haven’t been sick in almost a month! I get to start exercising again. I’m very excited to be just a few weeks away from the midway point.

Rants/Raves: rave - DH got to come to our ultrasound yesterday and he ended up staying for the whole appointment even though we drove separately 🥰🙃 It was so nice to have him there, and I think he was happy to finally be a part of it. 

Rant - I tentatively have decided to have an in person family only shower with masks & social distancing + a friends video shower. In early November ish. My Aunt who is like a big sister to me and her 13 yo daughter (who I’m like a big sister to) are throwing the family shower, and my MIL found out today and is not happy. Her response was “I’ll need to FaceTime with her ASAP to find out what she’s planning.” I was just like Um she’s planning to come back to ME with her ideas. I know she wants to just be involved and participate but it’s just been like this every step of the way and I wish she’d just let go of her need to be a part of every aspect of this pregnancy, and just enjoy the ride. 

Questions: none!

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming?

We just started two shows - the remake of Perry Mason on HBO and the docu-mini series Outcry on Showtime & it’s great so far. Also I binged the entire Babysitters Club season over the weekend on Netflix and was obsessed. Yes, it’s for kids, but it brought me back to reading those books which I loved with all of my heart when I was younger. 

Is anyone else annoyed at losing free access to HBO Go at the end of this month? Our cable provider (Frontier) is not offering access to HBO Max and we don’t want to pay for yet another streaming service.  
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 17+0 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink 🎀 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate, poptart, chipmunk

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on 7/30.  My last bit of pending labwork (AFP) from my 6/30 appt all came back normal! 🥳

How are you feeling: Great! Still more tired than usual, but it's hard to know how much of that is pregnancy vs. having an almost-walking baby.  My appetite is coming back with a vengeance and DH is a big fan since now I'm always hungry when he is 😂. I feel like I've finally hit the sweet spot of the 2nd Tri.

Rants/Raves: 
    "Rant" (in quotes because it's such a minor thing) - DH and I go to the Inn where we got married every year on our anniversary.  We haven't missed a single year (this will be our 6th anniversary), but now neither of us feel comfortable going, especially since we would have to take a potentially-crowded ferry with DD to get there.  Obviously, a pandemic is a very viable reason to break tradition, but it still makes me sad.

Rave - we're making up for missing our usual tradition by getting a cake from the bakery that did our wedding cake.  It's the perfect (delicious) solution for this preggo lady  :D

Questions: any STM+'s have a double stroller that they really love? And would you recommend in-line or side-by-side?  I'm leaning towards a side-by-side BOB since we do a lot of neighborhood walks and our sidewalks are subpar, but I'm open to suggestions!

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming? I'm deeply uncool and haven't watched anything new in a long time - anyone else have a hard time committing to a new show?

@shelmcclel I'm so sorry you're still having MIL drama - that would drive me crazy too!  I hope she simmers down as the pregnancy progresses, or that your husband/you and your husband can have a loving but firm conversation about boundaries that helps her get on board.
  • Loading the player...
  • readermom1readermom1 member
    edited July 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16+4, 12/20

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th time

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a soda can 

Upcoming appointments: 7/28 for A/S

How are you feeling: Finally my food aversions are gone! I’m still tired, but that has more to do with having 3 kids 6 and under who’ve been stuck at home since March than pregnancy! I just hope school starts at the end of August as planned!

Rants/Raves: Rant: my brother and SIL took their kids to the local children’s museum, which is a germy, hands-on kind of place at the best of times, without masks, and then two days later at the last minute went over to my parents’ house and dropped their kids off for babysitting so they could go out to dinner. Now, obviously my parents are of an age where they’re at higher risk for COVID, but in addition, my dad doesn’t have a spleen, so he’s immune compromised. Even if they’re going to choose to go places like that (and the gym by the way) they have no business being cavalier about exposing my parents because they don’t want to say no to seeing their grandkids. They didn’t even tell my parents where they’d been until after the fact!

Questions: None this week 

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming? I am also deeply uncool, and I watch very little tv besides PBS kids. After the kids are in bed, my DH and I usually don’t even turn the tv on. Occasionally we might watch a movie, Stephen Colbert or SNL, but that’s about it. We even got rid of cable a few years ago, and I don’t miss it. We do have a dvr, but that’s it.

@shelmccel I’m sorry you’re still having trouble with your mil. What does your DH say about it? If she’s still this pushy after the baby comes is he willing to say something to her?

@luckypenny11 I love my baby jogger City select. It’s relatively light, easily maneuverable, and you can set it up with one seat or two seats and we have the glider board, so right now all of my kids can be on it at once. At least one mom stops me to ask about it almost every time we use it. I will say that side by side will not fit through stores well, but if you don’t use it for that, the side by side might work for you.
  • @readermom1 - thank you so much! I've been looking at those too, but it's so helpful to have a real-world positive review :)  I hadn't though about being able to use the glider board for when DD1 is old enough, but that would be great to extend the life of the stroller even more.
  • shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited July 2020
    @readermom1 so I’ve mentioned things to DH and sometimes he just shakes his head in a way that signals he knows that’s annoying (like when she asked me to start taking more videos of her when we are together so that the baby can watch them and know who she is in case she dies), other times he says she’s just bored and alone and has nothing else to do or focus on so I should cut her some slack. And it’s definitely true. I haven’t mentioned the shower to him. He has the softest spot for his mom, and so having any type of firm conversation with her about limits would be a lot to ask of him. I think in the end if she’s still being difficult after the baby is here, he’ll choose to be the one to tell her to back off Bc he knows he’s going to be a lot nicer to her about it than I would be.

I’ve stopped inviting her to our house so I think he can tell I’ve reached my limit. She usually comes over at least 1x a week for something or other, and she hasn’t been here now for 3 weeks. No plans to see her for another 2 weeks! A much desired break.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/18 16+6

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Just had one today. Next is August 4th for the anatomy scan. NY is allowing one adult visitor for appointments so DH is taking the day off from work to come!

How are you feeling: As close to normal as possible (sans the insomnia but I take half a unisom tab nightly and it works great). 

Rants/Raves: My appointment today was supposed to include a growth scan, they called me less than two hours before my appointment to tell me insurance didn't approve it and it was cancelled. I was so nervous going into this appointment since I don't really feel the baby much, I was really looking forward to seeing him. Hearing the heartbeat was a major relief. 

Questions: None.

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming? 13th
  • @luckypenny11 I remember when my brothers were little (twins born when I was 17) and I would take them out the side by side was SUCH a PITA to get into stores. Sometimes it was completely impossible if it was a small local shop. That and it was so easy for them to smack each other  :D I think the newer ones that can be switched around into different configurations are MUCH better choices overall. 

@shelmcclel That MIL drama! And yes, no matter what it has to be DH who talks to her if need be. I am so worried about becoming like that as I get older since I'll only have sons  :DI swear I;m going to make myself keep a part time job so I always have something to do. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: getting blue vibes and predictions from a bunch of people; find out in August

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: avocado

Upcoming appointments: August 5th for AS

How are you feeling:. Mostly tired and hungry.  Yesterday I ate everything I could get my hands on until 11am and then slept for a couple hours.  Guess we are growing?  

Rants/Raves:. My MIL is coming for most of next week.  This might be interesting...she said she is totally fine if I sleep all week and all she eats is pb&j.  Not sure what we do for almost a week with nowhere to go.  Wish me luck!  (Hopefully I won't be blowing up the WTF and TW threads!)

Questions:

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming?  My husband and I were just having this discussion as we seem to be blowing through shows right now.  I am enjoying The Good Wife on Amazon Prime.  We just finished Upload on Amazon Prime which was also pretty good.  

@shelmccel I am sorry for that MIL drama.  Can you ask the people throwing the shower to maybe give her a job, so she feels involved but in a limited and specific way?  But hopefully she will settle down once the baby arrives.  Good luck!!  

@luckypenny11. I love the idea of having the cake made by the same place.  A special way to celebrate!  We would normally go to the place my husband proposed, but we moved away.  Trying to decide if we should go away for the weekend to a remote cabin for ours.  

@readermom1. Looking forward to when my food aversions are gone.  Meat has been mostly off the menu this whole pregnancy and I would like to get it back soon.  Sorry about the situation with your brother.  That is pretty frustrating to put your parents at risk.

@willashbaby I also don't feel the baby at this point and it makes me a little nervous going so long in between appointments.  Hopefully soon we will both feel them wiggly around!  
  • hham10hham10 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w4d 12/21

FTM/STM/STM+: stm+ (4)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Just had one yesterday. Had my pap and measurements and all looked and sounded good. Go back for my anatomy scan August 4th

How are you feeling: alright. Very emotional and always hungry. Still feel like I have low energy but that is from a mixture of things. 

Rants/Raves: Just over here stressing about heading back to work since I’m a teacher. I wasn’t worried until now. Just ready for our world to make a turn in a positive direction. 

Questions: Any other teachers? 

GTKY: What show/documentary/movie do you recommend the rest of us watch on cable/streaming? We have watched so many shows. I love ozark, big little lies, little fires everywhere, handmaids tale, and so many more. 
  • hham10hham10 member
    @willashbaby if it makes you feel better, I have never felt my little guy. I don’t think I felt any of my other 3 until after 18 weeks either. I’ve been anxiously waiting. 

@dobiemom11 my sister and niece will be in town tmw and I’m wondering what the hell we’re gonna do for a week too!
  • @hham10 teacher here, I teach at a special education school in Brooklyn. 
  • @willashbaby - that's a great point about the stroller possibly being too large to fit through a doorway - that would be so frustrating!  I'm hoping to get away with only having 1 stroller, so I really need one that does it all.  Luckily there are a few City Select double strollers on FB Marketplace right now (I figure if we buy it now, there's plenty of time to deep clean and let germs disperse).