hedgepighedgepig member
edited July 2020 in November 2020 Moms
Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

Questions?

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? 
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Week 1 (11/1-11/7) Check In - Week of 7/6

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/4

Week of pregnancy: 22w5d

Baby is the size of: coconut 

Upcoming Appointments: Friday with the MW

Rant/Rave: Fire season has started here 🙁 I love summer, but hate worrying about wildfire.

Questions? 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately?  MH is a music nerd, so, a very wide range, from punk and metal, to American and Irish traditional/folk, to classic rock and 80s pop/new wave, to chiptune and video game soundtrack, to jazz and early reggae, to modern indie and electronic dance music. When he's not DJing for us, I'm probably listening to Hamilton or some kind of indie dance station on Pandora, or 80s new wave/pop.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/7

Week of pregnancy: 22+2

Baby is the size of: Coconut

Upcoming Appointments: 7/22 for OB checkup

Rant/Rave: Rant: My skin is going crazy! It started with my face wash making my skin burn and now even my mild moisturizer makes my face all red and splotchy. UGHH. So just water it is for now I guess. 
    Rave: We have our inspection on the house today at 4 but my brother in law who is a contractor checked out the house yesterday and didn't find anything major so that was good to hear. Hopefully we get a similar report today.

Questions? None

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? I listen to a lot of alternative rock/rock and downtempo. But I also listen to random songs in many different genres, just depending on my mood!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/5

Week of pregnancy: 22+4

Baby is the size of: Coconut/Classic Game Boy

Upcoming Appointments: 7/24 OB + Glucose Challenge 

Rant/Rave: Rave - We had a socially distant hang in Manhattan with my BFF, her Husband, and her 8 month old! I haven't seen her in-person for 4 months due to the pandemic and it was soooooooo sooooooo nice to finally be able to spend some time together. I missed her so much! Rant - I'm over all these fireworks. We've been hearing them for the last month or so, but July 4th was absolutely awful, with people in our neighborhood seting them off from 3pm (when you can't even SEE them) to 5am. 

Questions? Nada!

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? I love music! I listen to a lot of rock (classic and modern) and Americana (modern). I'm absolutely obsessed with Margo Price and am convinced that if we met, we'd become best friends forever and ever. I also love some more pop artists such as Lizzo and Lana Del Rey. My tastes really run the gambit! DH is a music aficionado and has been listening to a lot of punk and metal, these days - which aren't my very favorite, genres. 

@hedgepig Once again, our husbands are the same! It sucks that you have to worry so much about wildfires; it's really such a shame that people seem not to care too much about the environment.

@bserena I saw your post about you skin on July Symptoms. Water washing for now seems like a smart choice. Normally, you can develop an allergy to anything at any time - I think in pregnancy our bodies are that much more sensitive and susceptible to irritation. If you're dying for a moisturizer, I recommend Cerave, which is fragrance free and non-comedogenic. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date (EDD): 11/3

week of pregnancy: 22w6d

Baby is the size of: coconut

Upcoming appointment: tomorrow 7/7 sonogram to remeasure/finish measuring the baby. OB appt 7/28.

Rant/Rave: Still frustrating to not have DH able to accompany me to any appointments and sonograms. Also picking a baby name is much harder than I thought it would be. We were set in a boys name but we’re having a girl and can’t seem to agree on anything yet. 

Questions: not at this time

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? I mainly listen to country, but when I put my music on shuffle it could literally be any genre and bounces around between all different genres  

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/31

Week of pregnancy: 23+4

Baby is the size of: grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: OB 7/15

Rant/Rave: I thought i got some energy back the other week but then the heat zapped that. Last night though we worked on staining the back deck for 1.5 hours after DS1 went to bed and it was great weather and chit chat with DH

Questions?

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? Mostly contemporary Christian or country in the car. Spotify/pandora is Michael Buble, Ed Sheeran, Thomas Rhett, Taylor Swift or whatever my nursing home residents request (Frank Sinatra, Queen, Beatles, Kix, Elvis, Johnny Cash)
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/4

Week of pregnancy: 23w

Baby is the size of: Grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: 7/17

Rant/Rave: I can see baby moving now! It's the neatest thing. Rant- I miss being able to leave the house more often. I go out for walks/hikes and quick errands, but I miss social outings. I also miss bike riding.  

Questions? Anyone have baby shower plans? My mom wants to have a small outdoor one at the end of August, but I'm afraid nobody will come... my area hasn't seen a spike in cases since the spring, but it's hard to gauge how people feel...

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately?
    I usually listen to a mix of pop, rock, and R&B, but I haven't really been listening to much music lately. This question inspired me to switch my car radio from NPR to the local top 40 station. I'm also a Switchfoot fan. 
  • Options
    @warmwinter I went to a drive by baby shower a month ago where people just stopped for a few minutes at a park to drop off a gift and talk to the parents-to-be. I could see that lots of people were staying to visit for longer, based on their comfort level - maybe something like that? I loved that it was a quick visit with no pressure to stay for the whole event. They had little bags of doughnuts as party favors and I would be lying if I said that that didn't play a role in my attendance...
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @warmwinter definitely do the outdoor shower! I went to one in June when things started to open back up and it was so nice to see people in person again. Like @hedgepig said, make it so people know they can stop by whenever for however long they want to. 
  • Options
    @hedgepig @ksdelong20 Thanks for the feedback! I like the idea of allowing for a more flexible plan. I wasn't really looking forward to the whole sit down, eat, play games, open presents ordeal anyway. Maybe I can suggest that they plan it to be less structured and to allow people to come and stay if they are comfortable.
  • Options
    @warmwinter I really like the idea of a drive-by/outdoor shower, too! My cousin did something similar for her daughter's Bat Mitzvah last month. People either drove by to drop off a gift and get a goodie bag; or they stayed to eat and socialize. This way people could do what they were comfortable with and still be able to be included!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/1

Week of pregnancy: 23w4d

Baby is the size of: Grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: 7/6 was a regular OB appointment where she told me that everything looked perfect and to ensure my water intake is high with the heat and 7/13 to HOPEFULLY finish the A/S and Fetal Echo...little miss does not like to cooperate

Rant/Rave: Rant first: umm work and the fact that I am just checking the board for the 1st time this week lol! And also my body.  I ended up in L&D last Tuesday night because my body decided to start bleeding again out of nowhere, ugh! Rave: We are under contract on our home and our settlement has been moved up to August 14th! I am SO excited and just hope the rest of the steps (e.g. home inspection, well/septic, etc.) go according to plan.

Questions?

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? I listen to EDM on repeat, but honestly I like any type of music.  In my car I have Soulcycle Radio, Pandora Now, The Highway, BPM, and the 90s channel all programmed lol.
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 Since you listen to Soulcycle Radio, you must hear my two very favorite instructors' playlists all the time! Melanie and Noa! I've been riding with them for 4 years and love them so much!
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley yes I do!! That is awesome!!