October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week 1 (10/1-10/7) - 7/6

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 1 (10/1-10/7) - 7/6

• How far along are you? 26+5

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? Monthly checkup + glucose in two weeks. 

Rant/rave? I just think it’s not very nice that when my bladder is full, baby brother decides that’s perfect time to start beating on it. 😂 Like, I’m already suffering kid, please give mommy a break till I can get to a restroom!

Questions? If you’ve experienced BH contractions and real labor contractions, what would you say the difference is—just the fact that they subside from drinking or shifting positions? Do you think the two types feel any different? I struggled with them quite a bit over the weekend and I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to call my dr just to have her say “drink more water” etc. 

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? For pregnancy, it’s missing some kind of red flag, or assuming I’m having BH when it’s actually early labor. For birth, it’s my husband or my parents being sick when I go into labor... don’t want to do it without my hubby, and it just occurred to me over the weekend that we don’t have backup care lined up for a toddler in case one of my parents is sick when I go into labor!
  • KurtniKurtni member
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason BH contractions shouldn’t be painful.  Uncomfortable and tight, but nothing like real contractions. If you were in pain I would call. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason, like Kurtni said, Braxton Hicks shouldn’t be painful. A lot of times they are only present in part of the uterus. 
    If you start having more than one or two in an hour, you should drink a lot of water and try to lay down. If they subside, they’re Braxton Hicks. 
    You can get a contraction counter app on your phone. If they are coming regularly, they might be real contractions. Overall, if you are concerned, you should call. Better safe than sorry. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @baseballismyfavoriteseason when I had BH with my DD it felt like a rubber band pulled super tight in my lower abdomen.  My real contractions started in my back and then shot around to the front.  
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason I had tons of BH very early on with both my kiddos (starting at 5 months) and they feel very different from the real thing. (They have just started kicking in this go around) You know it’s BH if you just feel tightness and I guess for some “mild pain” although to me they are not painful just annoying. I would have them every day starting around noon becuase I was on my feet so much and they didn’t go away until I went to sleep or was able to rest for a good while off my feet. They would get tighter and more frequent as the day went by but always went away when I sat down to rest for a bit. A full bladder will trigger them too. With real contractions you feel them more in your back And for me we’re more of a sharp pain then a tight ache and they will continue even after resting. To me the real ones were much more painful. Try not to stress about them too much but take it easy when you can, drink plenty and pee often! 
  • Thanks ladies. I probably should have called over the weekend... they were mildly painful and felt exactly like regular contractions—but were irregular and subsided when I changed shifted around or took a few steps? 🤷🏼‍♀️ We had a SUPER busy 4 days and I am sure I wasn’t drinking enough water, so I’m trying to make up for it today. I promise I’ll call my doctor if I experience it again!
  • How far along are you? 27 weeks

Due date? 10/05

Upcoming appointments? Next week I have a growth ultrasound and blood sugar consolation as well as my regular OB appt 

Rant/rave? Multiple rants? My wallet got stolen out of my car this weekend (left it on accident 🤦🏻‍♀️) so I spent the morning cancelling cards. T
    I hadn't felt baby move all day (I'd been paying attention because he hadn't started moving after breakfast like usual)  so I ended up going in and having an NST. He started moving a little bit during the NST but didn't get back to normal until tonight. I'm less worried now and honestly think it might have been stress. 
    Rave: so close to being done moving! 

Questions? 

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth?
    My biggest fear is I'm not going to bond with baby like I did with my DS. He was planned and it took so long to get him. This LO was not and honestly, it's almost the worst timing I could think of for a variety of personal reasons not to mention pandemic and civil unrest. I haven't announced it on social media (a thing I was thrilled to do with DS) or bought anything new and cute or anything. He doesn't even have a first name (but we're calling him by his middle so 🤷🏻‍♀️). I'm just terrified about it honestly. 
    Just pregnancy in general of course I'm worried about him not growing well, especially after today. Plus my sugar levels are not doing great - not dangerous at all, but not great. The OB on call today (who actually delivered my son since he came on a weekend) said the high risk doc would probably bump up my metformin again but it might be insulin this pregnancy. Which also means he might come earlier. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyway. Lots of worries apparently. Not to mention my worry of being in my third year of law school with a newborn. But - mini rave- my law school announced today that any student can choose to be remote the entire school year with no explanation required. So I'll get to be home with the baby more/longer than I thought, although I'll still look at daycare when he's a bit older.
  • How far along are you? 26w5d

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? I had my 3-hour glucose test today. Perinatologist on 7/21.

Rant/rave? Really frustrated with my state’s (non)response to COVID. Our numbers are getting so high and no one is modifying their behavior, so I’m terrified to leave my house even for my appointments (which is the only time I leave my house anyway).

Questions? Any tips for minimizing pelvic discomfort? Nothing is helping and it’s so uncomfortable!

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? I’m afraid of another c-section- the procedure and recovery did not go well last time.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14
  • How far along are you? 27 + 3 today

Due date? October 5

Upcoming appointments? Just had one yesterday for check in and glucose test

Rant/rave? My dream job called me on Tuesday asking if I was still interested in interviewing. Of course i said yes, but I’m nervous what going back to work will look like when I’m so pregnant. My head and my heart say just see where it goes and make the decision after the interview. The manager told me I’m her number one candidate, but that was before she knew I was pregnant. She’ll find out on Wednesday. 

Questions? Where are all the moms of 3+?

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? I don’t want to be stuck in the hospital for longer than necessary after birth. I have 3 other kids to get home to and given that we will probably still be in this pandemic mess, I want to be home as soon as possible. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• @annarach I can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head... there’s a couple that this pregnancy is babe # 3. You could try posting in the July randoms thread to see if anyone from a different week already has three at home?
  • @annarach sorry to creep in on your check in, but I have 3 babes at home! This current pregnancy is not mine though- I'm a gestational carrier. 
  • @annarach honestly I don’t think you’ll stay longer than needed because of COVID, unless complications arise. They’re trying to get people in and out of the hospital as quickly as possible is what I’m hearing! 
  • @annaroach trust me, see my recent experience - they're going to get you discharged as soon as you can.  I bet if the birth is uneventful and vaginal, you can go home within 24 hours
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• How far along are you? 27 + 1

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? I had my 3 hour glucose test (again) yesterday and OB appointment. Next one is 7/22 (going every 2 weeks now that I'm near 3rd trimester!!)

Rant/rave? I feel like both of my sisters (who live in the same area as me) are being irresponsible with Covid. One goes to a bar/club every weekend and the other one I think is going to start going back to in-person services at her church. It makes me so nervous, so I'm staying away from them, but I'm also worried about how to handle my baby shower scheduled in August. I just hate Covid and the fact that people aren't taking it seriously.

Questions? None really.

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? I really don't want to be induced. I've just read that it makes contractions worse and your labor longer and I'm just hoping I don't have to deal with it.