December 2020 Moms

Last Baby?

Just curious if anyone else is going through this pregnancy with the intention of it being their last/only baby. 

We have two sons (4yo & 1yo) and plan on this probably being our last for several reasons. So far it's still early enough that I haven't had any bittersweet moments, but I'm expecting to get emotional over some stuff.
image     image

Re: Last Baby?

• We have DS who is 3.5 and now DD is on her way so everyone keeps saying, “One of each and done!” but I’ve always wanted a big family so I’m on the fence. But with the gestational diabetes and my kidney disease, I know it probably will be. I’m also going to be 33 this year too. 
    DS born 2016
  • Last baby here! After she's born we will use some kind of permanent birth control.  Either IUD, tubes tied,  or vasectomy 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  • Last baby here too. We have a daughter who’s just over 2, and a son who’s just over 1. We talked about having 4 kids but I’ve completely changed my mind on that. We are talking about permanent birth control options for after this one is born. I’d like to get my tubes tied but my husband wants me to ask my OB about IUDs first. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • This will be our last! We have DD who’s 2 next week and then this next baby. I just turned 34 and H is 38.  Regardless of what gender, this will be our last. I’m not a huge fan of being pregnant and this whole time I keep telling myself at least it’s my last time! Will be getting tubes tied during my planned C-section. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Last baby for me! This is number four and I am going to turn 40 this year, so this is it for us... although my 6yo son keeps talking about how next we’re going to have twin boys since after this we will have 3 girls 😂

All through 1st tri sickness, I kept repeating to myself, “I never have to do this again!” I will miss the baby kicks and the excitement of wondering who this little person will be (and of course the extra pampering from my DH) but other than that, I will be happy never to be pregnant again!
  • Last one here too, boy 3 and girl 1, one more seems good. But more seems like a lot for us. 
  • We are a one and done couple! First & last baby for us. We both questioned having kids at all earlier in our lives, and since we e been married we have decided that we do want to create a family, but only wanted 1 child. It was a huge IF struggle to get to this point. Even so I’m planning on using an IUD after this pregnancy, but would love it if my husband was open to a vasectomy at some point in the future. At this point he’s not. 

I sometimes feel sad that I’m experiencing pregnancy during a pandemic, and am not going to have the traditional & standard experience. I have experienced a lot of sickness and unpleasant symptoms this pregnancy and am happy I don’t have to do this again! 
  • There is a very good chance this is my last one (so two total). I will probably get another IUD placed afterwards so it won't be a final decision but I think it's pretty likely.

I guess I hadn't really thought about it like that though... I may want to think of it as my last so I savor it all 😊
  • @shelmcclel Same here. This will likely be my only and doing it during the pandemic is a big bummer.

My fiancé already has two older kids (they live with us almost full time) and I’ll be 35 by the time baby comes so this will likely be it for us. It is a little sad that this will be the only shot but between getting older and wanting to be sensitive to the burden we’re placing on the environment, it just makes sense to stop at one for us.

He had a VR to make this one happen so I can’t even imagine asking him to get snipped again! I’ll likely just do an IUD at least for the foreseeable future but I can imagine being tempted for another with such a non-permanent form of BC.
  • hham10hham10 member
    Last baby here! This is # 4 so we will definitely be done. Plan to do tubes tied and or vasectomy. 
  • We have some similar reasons as what everyone has said. I'm 35 and hubs will be 44 by the time baby is here. We want to know that our kids will be grown and at least on the way out by the time he hits retirement age. 

Plus each pregnancy has been a little harder for me so I worry that a fourth would be even harder. 

There was brief talk about a 4th a couple years ago but our kids are spaced further out than the original plan. Hubs is actually open to a vasectomy after baby, probably a few months down the road so we know we're both officially done.
    image     image
  • karmbakarmba member
    I'm about 95% sure this we'll be done after this baby (our second).  We'll have a girl and a boy and DH isn't too keen on having a 3rd.  I turned 34 a few months ago and I'm planning on a scheduled C-section.  DS and DD will be 4 years apart and I think that's a good gap.  Trying to plan for a third with a probable third C-section is a lot.  I'll be getting another IUD and eventually DH will get a vasectomy.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• We are done. It took 2 1/2 years to get this one, two losses, and thousands at a RE. I’m 35, dh is 43 and we just don’t have it in us for another. 
    I don’t plan on going on BC or having DH get the snip. I figure we’ll use NFP for a few years and let old age and infertility do it’s thing 😆 
    We will have two, a boy and girl, four and a half years apart. Two and through! 

• I'm also ~95% sure that this will be my last baby (wow, typing that makes me sad!).  DD#1 just turned 11mos yesterday, so she and DD#2 will be 16mos apart.  I'll be 40 next year; with the harder recovery time and increased risks of my age, plus the cost of raising children, two children makes the most sense for DH and me.  We're also both from 2-child families, so it's a family size that feels comfortable for both of us.  I think I'll probably get an IUD at my post-natal checkup.  
  • We haven’t decided yet, but it may be that this is our only pregnancy. It took so long to get to this point that we honestly don’t know if it’ll happen again. I’m 36 and he’ll be 36 next month. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • hham10hham10 member
    @karmba now you got me nervous...this will be
    my 3rd csection. I try not to think about it! 
  • @hham10 it's going to be my third section too...
  • karmbakarmba member
    @hham10 and @hadassah2020 my main worry with a third section is that I'd want a third baby with less time in between than 1 & 2 but would also want to give my body a long time to heal.  If I'm able to have a VBAC this time, then I wouldn't care either way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• @karmba I would just talk to your doc/midwife about it, if the section is planned you don't have to wait as long as if your going to try to attempt a VBAC from what I was told. 
  • bartonoliviabartonolivia member
    edited July 2020
    My last baby was supposed to be my last..... well we got pregnant while using condoms and my ovulation was 2 weeks off. Unheard of. So this one is for sure our last and both me and my husband are getting fixed after this one 🤣 
    we have 2 boys (5, 3.5) and a daughter (she turns one of friday) 
  • hham10hham10 member
    @karmba I’ve been told you aren’t able to do a VBAC after you’ve had 2 for risk of uterine rupture. But I had a second c section between after 17 months with no issues. This time it will have been 3.5 years. 
  • This is it for us (if it results in a living baby). I am most likely having a planned c section and will have my tubes removed during it. 2 is enough. 
  • We are waiting until birth to find out gender which means we have (probably) settled on our names for a boy or girl. Part of me is a little sad to know one of them won't get used.
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels That is sad! We also wait to find out, but don't choose names until after birth (just have a short list) so I feel less attached to the unused names.