Babies on the Brain

WRW July 2020

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the month if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What’s the first vacation you’re going to plan when restrictions are lifted?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW July 2020

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    July 2021 😭😭😭

What brings you to WRW?
    I just live here 

Any R/R?
    Rant: ugh family, man. That’s all I’ve got the energy to say 😂
    rave: lockdown restrictions are starting to slowly lift here in the UK and our death rates are back to normal for this time of the year! Wahoo! 

GTKY: What’s the first vacation you’re going to plan when restrictions are lifted?
    oh gosh. We had suuuuuch a good 2020 planned and it all went to shit, obviously. I’d say Disney World but honestly, no one outside of America really wants to touch y’all right now 😂 we’re allowed to travel to ten countries in Europe without going on self-isolation when we get home as of...next weekend? So probably one of those countries. As long as it would be worth it. We’re waiting for others to go first and see if it’s even worth the money to go (ie things aren’t closed left and right) 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Sometime between October and December ‘20... or never lol

What brings you to WRW?
    I have zero chill

Any R/R?
    Rant: I’m over family feeling like they can talk to me about their political views. I have no interest in your strawman arguments, Becky.
    rave: obviously the pandemic is horrible... and yet, having a solid and guilt free excuse to get out of seeing toxic people in my life is a wonderful thing.

GTKY: I’m probably not going to vacation for another two years or so 😂 I’m in America and I agree with you @jack@jackie_dunny we are a mess lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @doodleoodle omg you’re back! Congrats on your little one! I can’t believe you’ve lapped me 😂 and from your dates it looks like you might lap me twice 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Yeah the pandemic is horrible, that’s a given but it does have its perks in certain areas! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• When to start TTC: August 2020! So soon

Why WRW: this community has been my online safe haven to talk/think about babies while waiting for the next step in the journey

Rant: I signed up for a supplemental insurance policy to set some money aside/create some income for after birth and the policy requires you don’t deliver in the first 10 months of the policy. (Definitively worth looking into while you’re waiting to start TTC) I thought I signed up two months ago but after noticing no payments coming out and hearing nothing from the company I called and it turned out they never started my policy ughhhhh. This might push back when we start trying because we don’t want to risk early delivery and losing out on the income.

Rave: I’m just glad to see people back on the boards again, it was completely silent for weeks and I really missed seeing everyone’s updates. 

GTKY: also in America @doodleoodle and I understand what you mean @jackie_dunny we aren’t handling things well, especially Florida where I live. I’m thinking we’re probably going to keep vacationing to a minimum but maybe go visit some family in Delaware when things settle down.
  • @jackie_dunny hey girl heyyy. If it makes you feel any better, I’ve only lapped you because I’m crazy. Very few people with a 4 month old are considering adding a baby to their family, I’m sure lol

Ah! Next month @xwhyandz so exciting!
  • @xwhyandz yay! (hopefully) next month! That’s soo annoying about the policy!! Ugh! Sorry it was so silent on my end! Not sure if you saw my post in June but TB wasn’t letting me post anything at all! So weird. My friend is also in FL and has the virus and he hasn’t handled things well before having it and he’s not doing much better after having it (as in he still did a target pick up even though he was supposed to be staying at home 🤦🏻‍♀️) 

@doodleoodle only 4 months! How are you and baby? What steps are you at for a fourth (talked to DH, just thinking about it, etc.)?
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny baby is perfect and fitting right in! I’m good... having trouble losing the baby weight this time so that’s kind of a bummer. DH and I have talked about it and he’s on board to start ttc once baby is 9 months. I’m just not totally sure yet because I’m home alone so much and I really don’t want to bite off more than I can chew. Also, we would definitely need to get a mini van and finances are a little tight now.  Did you decide to hold off due to the pandemic? I’m surprised you’re still here.
  • @jackie_dunny I did see your reply :) ! It was weird on my end too, the app changed and for weeks I couldn’t even get to the community boards because there’s no longer a link for it in the main menu. I lurked on some other boards and saw they were still active so I figured BOTB would come back to life and it did! It’s good news that things are getting back to a safer normal in the UK, I hope that you guys can find some things to do when you decide to travel. Do you visit other countries often or is it more of a special occasion?

@doodleoodle it is exciting! It felt like when we first started talking/planning TTC that the time would take forever to pass and now it’s almost here! And that’s exciting to be planning baby 2 while baby 1 is so young! I’m happy to hear that they’re fitting in to your growing family so perfectly :smile: i hear you on the baby weight, I have quarantine weight that is pretty stubborn, I just ordered Ring Fit adventures for the switch so I’m going to give that a try and see if maybe making exercise a game will make me do it more lol.
  • @xwhyandz I also had trouble with the app and gave up on it for a couple of months. Let me know how you like ring fit! And yes to the quarantine weight! I fully expected to leave quarantine totally transformed into an in shape hottie... and while I’m not in shape I am totally transformed 😂 into a blob. If we had another baby it would actually be baby number 4 for us. 1&2 are a a year and a halfish apart and are best friends. There’s almost a 3 year gap between 2 & 3 so, we’re considering having another one close in age so that number 3 doesn’t feel left out.
  • @doodleoodle oh god how embarrassing for me 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 yes I’m still here 😔 I very briefly moved over to TTGP (for about 3 weeks) but even then it was only NTNP. We were originally going to start trying in a few months but everything’s been pushed back because of COVID. There were things that we wanted to do before kids that were planned out so well but we weren’t able to do them this year because of the pandemic so yeah I’m still here! 

@xwhyandz I wouldn’t say we leave the country often but yeah we plan to at least once a year. Keep in mind though how big the US is compared to the UK lol going on a beach vacation to Greece over here is like going on a beach vacation to Florida. It just happens to be Greece or Italy or Spain or whatever because those are the closest nice beaches with nice weather lol and last year I went to Paris but that’s only because that’s the closest Disney Park - it sounds fancier but it just happens to be the “normal” vacation over here lol

We have the Ring Fit and I can DEFINITELY recommend it! It’s really fun and you get an actual workout in. I always leave the workout sweating and achy like with any other workout except it’s a game! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny I don’t think it’s embarrassing! Having a baby is a big deal. The hardest transition in my opinion is going from zero kids to one kid. Get all those (definitely fancy no matter what you say 😂) vacations in while you can! Disney parks without kids is a totally different vacation.
  • @doodleoodle yes! It’s going to be amazing taking LOs to a Disney but we’re big Disney fans so we want to do Orlando one more time just us.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• We did the same thing @jackie_dunny ! We’ve been a couple of times with the girls and while it was definitely more magical feeling with them, I’d like to go back without them at some point 😂
  • When do you think you will start TTC? As soon as my first post-partum period shows up

What brings you to WRW? I loved the support I got on my last BMB, and can't seem to stop thinking about the next, so I figured I'd join a group of ladies in a similar place

Any R/R? Hormones - why are mood swings a symptom for pregnancy, weaning, and impending periods?!?! How are we supposed to know what in the world is going on with our bodies?

GTKY: What’s the first vacation you’re going to plan when restrictions are lifted? Visiting my parents in Pennsylvania.
  • @mrosek91 ugh tell me about it! I’m not even trying yet and every now and then I’ll be like, “omg a pregnancy symptom” and then I remind myself that PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are the exact same. So annoying! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• So... I’m going to push my ttc timeframe 6 months. I told myself that baby #4 had to be born with an 18 month difference from #3 because that was the gap between #1 and #2. But I think I need more time. The thought of being pregnant while the pandemic is raging here and giving birth around the same time my oldest starts kindergarten is overwhelming. Hope we get to be buds @jackie_dunny
  • @doodleoodle do what you need to do! Don’t stress too much about age difference and age gaps. Having a mama who’s in the right mindset is more important. I have 5 brothers and sisters and hands down I’m closest with the one who is 8 years younger than me! And yes, I’ll still be here with you 🙋🏻‍♀️😂
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle I feel like trying to get the perfect age gap is almost as much a mind game as TTC. (mindgames within mind games). We wanted ours to be 2-3 years apart, so we kept starting early because "these things take time" and turns out (knock on wood) they don't really take time for me. 22 months is our biggest gap. On the other side of the coin my sister is 9 years older than me. While we weren't close growing up, now we're super close, and talk multiple times a week.

As for me, still no period, and I took another pregnancy test this morning, negative. I recently had a baby, I just came of BC, and I'm weaning, hormones are wonky, I wish I had piece of mind to just relax for a month, and wait patiently for my period.

• My period showed up this morning!! Never thought this is something I would be happy about! It was nice "meeting" you ladies. Thank you for welcoming me, even if it was such a short time. Good luck on your journeys!
  • Woohoo! So happy for you @mrosek91 hope you conceive just as quickly as you have in the past!

I remember you telling me that about your sister @jackie_dunny it’s funny how those things turn out. I know you can’t really plan for which siblings will be closest. I’m crazy lol how many children are you hoping to have?
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited July 2020
    @doodleoodle even though I loved growing up with a big family, I only want two. So does DH so that’s good lol my younger sister wants at least 4 though because she wants her kids to have a big family like we did 

@mrosek91 best of luck! Glad to get to know you briefly! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny smart. Two is so much easier 😂 
  • I know this thread so old but hearing you say that eased my mind a bit. My DD is 7 and I’m constantly worried about age gaps 
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020