Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Thursday 7/2

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Thursday 7/2

• Options
    bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 19/21 including 2 benched 

CD/DPO: 27/9

Timing: -3,-1,O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Still not really feeling the urge but I probably will start tomorrow to be able to drink this weekend  

R/R: Since I basically lost Monday from being sick, I’m going to have to work tomorrow to catch up on some things. I’m not too upset about it though. It will be worth it to not stress the rest of the weekend. I’m going to the office to do some interviews this morning. Which I don’t really have time for. But I feel really strongly that HR’s top pick is not a good fit for us (obviously I’ll keep an open mind but that’s my gut instinct from the resumes) so I really want to see for myself. 

CS/Q:

• Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited July 2020

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 15/?

Timing: 🤷🏼‍♀️

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: Not sure

R/R: I assume I go here now? It’s possible I haven’t even ovulated yet given the fact I haven’t really done much to track this cycle but I think there is a good chance O happened. I totally missed checking in yesterday because I was so busy at work trying to get everything done before my long weekend. Don’t ask me why I am wide awake right now at 5AM when I don’t have to be! DH and I are going to go look at cars today though. I’m kind of excited to look at more options. 

CS/Q: No chart

@bows22 If you don’t like their top pick do you get to veto that decision? Or are there other people who would have to agree with you? Hope the interviews go well today and you find a good fit!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @jenotontx we merged with another firm in January and this is the first interview in our department since then, so I’m not 100% sure. There are 3 candidates and I think we are ranking them and the top 2 will come back for round 3? I’m interviewing with a partner from the other firm so I’m sure if we agree he’s not a fit, they won’t bring him back, but if he really likes him then he will probably make it to the next round since HR loved him too. Have fun car shopping! What have you narrowed down to or are you still figuring that out?
  • Options
    @bows22 I have a long list of possibilities I am looking at. I basically wrote down every 3 row SUV in my price range and I’m slowly looking at all of them! Last weekend I went to check out the Voltswagon Atlas, the Hyundai Palisade and the Kia Telluride. I crossed the Telluride off my list but I liked the other two and I also really like the Toyota Highlander. They all have pros and cons for me though. Hope you and the other partner come to agreement on a candidate! 
  • Options
    s_montgomerys_montgomery member
    edited July 2020

Month/Cycle: 6, 2

CD/DPO: 61, possibly another false positive ovulation 

Timing: this morning after seeing a positive opk ;)

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: No

R/R: I had told you all during the weekend that I wouldn't go back to OPKs because I got a false positive on CD34. But yesterday when I started temping, I decided to go back to OPKs. Yesterday was the first "reading" so it was Low Fertility. When I took the stick out there were 2 dark lines. And today it read Peak Fertility.  For any curious Bumper, last positive opk I had sharp left pain and this time I've had sharp right pain. It will be interesting to watch my temps this time around! I'm thankful for you ladies who encouraged me to temp. Without TB community I would likely feel frustrated right now.

CS/Q: 

ETA: I'm going to be doubting our chances of conception because I got up right away to take a shower. 🤦‍♀️ Kicking myself.

• Options
    @bows22 I’m glad you decided to go in for the interviews. Hopefully you and the other partner have the same feelings about the candidate.
    @jenotontx yayyy car shopping! I love a good new car! 
    @mighty_montgomery hopefully this is the real deal! 

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 14 ish?

Testing: hopefully holding out until Monday...might cave and test Sunday to satisfy my POAS addiction.

R/R: DH got called in to work today. 😭 He works Thursday-Monday and Tuesday/Wednesday is his weekend. In his last work week, he worked 59 hours and drove nearly 2,000 miles, so j was really hoping they would give him an extra day off, but no such luck. I ordered the new deck boards yesterday, but they can’t be delivered until Tuesday, which is frustrating since I have all the help tomorrow to get the job done. Rawr. It’s also been over 90 degrees the last few days and I’m just so uncomfortable because of it. Wow, bitchy mood today. 🤣

CS/Q: Another little temp dip. I keep using the “Charts Like Mine” feature time look at other charts that are similar so I can ease my mind with the percentage of charts that were pregnancies versus just ovulatory. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @mighty_montgomery oh that’s exciting about the positive OPK! Just in time for the holiday weekend 😉 

@chindimples04 your poor H! and that’s so frustrating another the deck boards. I’m sorry!
  • Options
    @bows22 I hope the interviews go well and they pick a candidate you like.

@jenotontx have fun car shopping! We love our Subarus. Have you tried their new Accent? We have wondered about it as an option if we wanted a bigger car.

@mighty_montgomery I hope it was finally a real positive! Fingers crossed!

@chindimples04 so annoying about your husband's work and the deck boards. Maybe your are due some good news on Monday!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 20/7 (or 20/5 based on CM and cervix position)

Timing: -5, -2, +1 or -5, -1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: 7/8 if there are no signs of AF

R/R: DH got up to the lake last night. It will be so nice to have some time here together.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @chindimples04 I wouldn’t worry about a dip like that at all. It’s way above the cover line still. 

@mighty_montgomery I think temping can really make a world of difference in knowing what is likely happening. Hope you get some clarity soon! 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I feel hopeful.
    I called my OBGYN to ask if they'd do a progesterone blood draw to confirm ovulation so I'm waiting for a call back. I wonder how the weekend would affect the possibility of getting a draw done and MH and I are leaving town for the weekend this evening. If they were to ask me to come in tomorrow for a blood draw, I would happily make the drive back and forth to do it!
  • Options
    mcbythebaymcbythebay member
    edited July 2020

Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD/DPO: 33/7

Timing: pretty much the whole week leading up to O and day of

Typical LP length: not sure, my cycles are irregular and I’m still figuring them out

Testing: not until at least 12DPO

R/R: I’m really hoping this cycle works out! I still feel out of sync with my cycles/O day and have only been using clearblue digital OPK  thinking of switching to strips...

CS/Q: 

Best of luck to all you ladies!

• Options
  • Options
    Welcome @mmiles22! I hope the best of luck to you also!
    I would recommend also using Fertility Friend. I just started temping and I hope that I feel less "in the dark" about my cycles since I had a false positive with a digital OPK. My false positive was probably due to hormonal issues rather than a manufacture issue.

My OB called back and said they'll do a blood draw for progesterone today. She said "We normally draw on a certain cycle day but since your cycles are irregular we'll just do one today." And she told me I'll be prescribed provera if I don't have a BFP a couple weeks from now. I'm excited about the possibility of conceiving, but if not then I know that my long cycle may be over soon, and I know that the next step will be Clomid!
  • Options
    @bows22 I'm sorry you're not getting the three day weekend you hoped for! Hopefully the interviews don't take long and you're able to help make the best possible hiring decision!
    @jenotontx I love and hate car shopping, but I'm really glad that I never have to car shop without a mechanic again thanks to MH! We're looking at getting a van or SUV in the near future as well and we're looking a lot at the Honda and Toyota options. They're generally better quality and easier to self service (for us).
    @mighty_montgomery I'm sorry your body is being so confusing this cycle! As far as getting up soon after HIO to do stuff, it really doesn't take that long for sperm to make their way to the cervix and into the uterus. I know a lot of people (myself included) likie to lay down and take our sweet ass time before doing anything after HIO, but it's not totally necessary! You're not out until you're out!
    @chindimples04 I'm sorry your deck boards won't be there in time for you to get it done with extra help!
    @DoubleUp8 Enjoy your time by the lake with YH!

Month/Cycle: 6/5 unbenched
    CD/DPO: 39/24
    Timing: -5, -2, 0
    Typical LP length: 14
    Testing: Labs Monday if AF doesn't show over the weekend
    R/R: SOOOOO over this cycle. On the plus side my professors are finally getting my grades in and I'm kicking ass this summer term! It's midterms week and I'm trying to decide which exam to take today and which exam to take tomorrow. I'm not excited about either of them. As of today I am officially a student member of the American Counseling Association (and a handful of their subdivisions- multicultural, addictions, and LGBT+)! Mostly excited about this because of the additional access to research for free AND the free professional liability insurance as a student member. I get to see my dad on Saturday which is exciting. He'll be coming over to help us install some new kitchen cabinets and we'll be grilling out for lunch. I was also just asked by my boudoir photographer if I'd help her run an open air vendor booth at pride in August as an ambassador. I'm THRILLED! As long as things with COVID calm down a bit by then I'm definitely on board.
    CS/Q: Temp is a bit higher than yesterday but still low. FF still has no clue what's going on. Some VERY VERY VERY light spotting both last night and this morning so maybe my body is doing SOMETHING? I dunno. I'm still mad.

Chart^^
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    Thanks for your encouragement @ashaislurking. I'm glad I'm not alone. Congrats on getting on the ACA!! 🥳 That's really awesome! I hope COVID keeps on a downward trend as more people get out. I have been longing to get out and see people, but many people in my area still aren't ready to meet face-to-face. I hope your body makes up its mind on what it will do. It's like your temps can't commit! My hormones can't either.
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery I mean, one of my reasons for wanting to help my photographer out is because it means I'll be able to stand around in lingerie most of the day and talk about boudoir photography which I'm all sorts of excited about! I really hope our local (and national) COVID rates start to trend down BUT with loosening public regulations I'm not sure that'll actually happen. We just have to wait and see. We're personally still sticking to a small close group of family members. Can't risk getting sick when multiple people in my family are immunocompromised.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• Options
    @bows22 I hope the interviews went well!!

@jenotontx good luck car shopping!

@mighty_montgomery I’m glad that your OB said you could come in for a blood draw. Hopefully your cycle gets figured out soon!

@chindimples04 sorry about the deck boards...so frustrating!!

@DoubleUp8 glad YH was able to get up to the lake last night! Enjoy the together time!

@mmiles22 sorry you’re feeling lost with your cycles. I’ve only ever used OPK strips, and I find them helpful! Not sure exactly how they’d compare to the CB digital. 

@ashaislurking look at you go!! Crushing literally everything! Hopefully COVID continues to trend down because that sounds really great!

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 38/12-14

Timing: good

Typical LP length: maybe 15? Probably stopping progesterone tomorrow

Testing: BFN yesterday, will double check tomorrow

R/R: Sorry to post and ghost yesterday! My districts extended school year starts on Monday so I spent a large chunk of yesterday and today getting ready to do more online services with the kiddos. I know it will be fine once it starts (just like it was during the school year), but I can’t say I’m excited for it at the moment. At least it’s only 4 weeks and I get to make some money over the summer! July is going to be an insane month for me - in addition to providing online services I’m also testing a bunch of kids in-person to see if they qualify for speech. 

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @runningoncookies Trying the best I can to stay positive, and crushing it with all the things REALLY helps me do that! Hopefully the next four weeks aren't too bad and the adjustment is easy for you! Making extra money in the summer is a big bonus for educators.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @bows22 same on the testing *see below*

@jenotontx oo we've been looking at the 3 row SUVs. I think I want a Ford Expedition but my Escape is only 5.5 years old and just fine for now. DH is excited about the new EV mustang crossover  :D  His mustang is almost 11 years old so he's due for an upgrade and not going to be the one with the 3 row SUV.

@ashaislurking congrats on the great term and acceptance into the American Counceling Assoc and good luck on your remaining tests.

I'll come back later to finish tags. sorry!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 

Timing: -4, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 15-16 days

Testing: lol probably tomorrow but I wish the Friday off lined up with further along in my cycle. I might try to wait one more day since idk if I'd trust a negative at 10dpo to drink. 

R/R: just excited for a long weekend

CS/Q: 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 good luck with testing if you decide to do it!
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2020
    @runningoncookies thanks! Love that you can pick up extra work in the summer. My sister just graduated with her masters in OT and is looking at potentially working in a school district (she did one of her field works in one). She loves the flexibility of time off in the summer with the option to pick up some extra work if she wants.

@mighty_montgomery that's so cool that you can potentially feel ovulation. I don't think I've ever felt it. Getting a false surge has always made me not super excited about OPKs. I figure I can only commit to one thing and BBT I like for confirming O. I was always bad at cervical position as well but tried it for a while. Enjoy your weekend! Going anywhere fun?

@mmiles22 my cycles are kind of wonky, too. I always had 30-31 day cycles when I was younger but various hormonal things have also been making my FP irregular.

@DoubleUp8 so jealous of the lake. My brother and SIL drove up (about 12 hours I think) to go to my family's lake houses and SIL is obsessed with social media so I had to watch all of her IG stories at the lake this week and it's been sad being across the country when we were planning to be there right now, too, before COVID.

@chindimples04 I temp vaginally and still get some rocky temps post O so nothing to worry about. I didn't have time to post it above so I'll hit send on this and switch over to my phone to add my FF chart below.

Big temp drop but should be too early for AF. It was 5am though. I think I have more triangles than dots 😬

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 enjoy the lake days!
    @mmiles22 I have heard that strips are more accurate than clear blue because the digital may go based on memory rather than actual results? Not sure how accurate that information actually is. I’ve only used strips.
    @ashaislurking 4 more days until Monday!
    @runningoncookies good luck with your summer stint! 
    @kvh22 ahhh! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    mcbythebaymcbythebay member
    edited July 2020
    @mighty_montgomery @runningoncookies @kvh22 @chindimples04 thanks for your replies! Thinking I will definitely try strips vs digital next cycle. Have definitely not been 100% confident with the results I’m getting with clearblue. 

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @DoubleUp8 glad YH made it to the lake!

@ashaislurking sounds like you are rocking it all around!! now only if your body would get it’s act together too! I hope AF has arrived!

@runningoncookies I’m sure you will get back into the swing of things quickly! It’s nice you are getting to do a little in-person work though 

@kvh22 hahaha yes that’s the same way I am feeling about testing! 

• Options
    *lurking from WTO*
    @mmiles22 check out this great blog article for more info about OPKs: https://modernfertility.com/blog/ovulation-tests/
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023