Share your creations! 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: July Baking/Cooking/Crafting Thread

• Options
    Im making a peaches and cream pie! I’m super excited. We traveled to get some Fredericksburg peaches so I’m so excited. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@m@mamahosch our carrots are about ready to pull too! Our garden got such a late start this year with everything going on so I was a bit discouraged. Plus we have had ZERO rain so it’s been so dry and hot. But we are finally seeing a bit of progress!
  • Options

I officially picked our first harvest of carrots and lettuce today! Our zucchini and beans are starting to look amazing and DH’s plum tree is doing beautifully this year. 
  • Options
    mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited July 2020
    @mckjacks @JLaVO888 gardens are looking great ladies! We will have a bunch of cherry tomatoes ready this week, and DH’s 2nd planting of radishes need to be picked too! My sweet red pepper is huge and I can’t wait till it turns red to eat! Our kohlrabi plants are ginormous but barely have a kohlrabi formed. We had the same problem last year with them. 
  • Options
    Going to google kohlrabi....
  • Options
    I just learned that squash plants have male and female flowers. And that both need to be open at the same time in order to get fruit. I planted a ton of Delicata squash seeds because they were old, and I didn’t think all would take. I had almost 40 plants come up! So long story short I have 10 plants way too close together. But I had 3-4 male flowers blooming when one female was. I’m crossing my fingers to actually be successful this year with them. 

My tomatoes and peppers are already going crazy though! I know it’s hard to see in this photo, but this is my garden area in progress. At the beginning of this pregnancy all that this was was an overgrown tomato from last season, a pepper plant, 3 huge rose bushes, the poinsettia, and no planter boxes. Our plan is to move the roses we left to the front yard (currently removing the grass), get mulch, and take out the poinsettia once the apricot gets bigger. Then I’m also going to get 1-2 more wine barrels to plant more edible plants in. 

• Options
    Wow, I'm jealous of those gardens! My dad is the gardener,b I tend to neglect and kill anything I try to grow. Perhaps I'll try again next year.
    I'm going to start knitting again so I have something to post on here. 😆
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 hahaha kohlrabi is kind of like a radish or turnip but much bigger and mild! Great with salt on them! They’re really ugly looking until you cut off the “woody” part and slice them up! They make a great snack!
  • Options
    I am so jealous of all your beautiful gardens!! I’m doing some container gardening this year because we have a rental while we build our new and forever home. So I just did some tomatoes and herbs.

I love to bake! Your creations look delicious!! I took my kids strawberry picking and we managed 10lbs before everyone pooped out. I made freezer jam, strawberry cobbler, berry cobbler (with strawberries and raspberries) and strawberry rhubarb crisp. The crisp was AMAZING!! My first one and it was so good I almost cried. I also made some
    muffins this week for the kids. They love being able to grab one as a snack and I don’t feel bad when they eat one before dinner because they’re reasonably healthy. 

Also. SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS THREAD!! I could talk baking and food and crafts all day long!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker