October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check In, Week 3 (10/15-10/21) 6/29

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: Weekly Check In, Week 3 (10/15-10/21) 6/29

• How far along are you? 24 + 3

Due date? 10/16

Upcoming appointments? Mid July for check up and glucose test 

Rant/rave? Rant: I wish I wasn’t awake in the middle of the night because I need pee. It’s probably the most annoying part of pregnancy lately. 

Questions?

Usually some sort  of fruit tray or a corn salsa with chips 
  • How far along are you? 24+1

Due date? 10/18

Upcoming appointments? Mid-July for glucose test, and then a routine OB checkup the following week to go over my results

Rant/rave? I think I've finally reached the always-uncomfortable part of pregnancy (especially by evening). Either that, or we desperately need new couches.

Questions? Not so much a question, but my hands and feet have started going numb easily, so I'm constantly having to change positions when I'm sitting or sleeping. It's really annoying.

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? For years while I was living in the PNW it was this amazing fruit tart with shortbread crust, but it's really labor-intensive, and doesn't hold up well in the heat/humidity of the South. So, now it's some sort of salad (potato salad, pasta salad, fruit salad). 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @babyodo my hands do that too. Pretty sure it's just the mild swelling making them fall asleep easier, but it's super annoying at night.

How far along are you? 23+5

Due date? 10/21

Upcoming appointments? Sometime end of July. Still working on OB transfer.

Rant/rave? All raves this week I think. I have the week off work before I start my new job next Monday. I have about 100 things I want to get done. I'm still sending DD to daycare because we have to pay anyway, so I actually stand a chance to get some stuff accomplished. Want to finish her big girl room (moving her crib today), planning on picking out paint for our half bath vanity to refinish it, and would like to paint/seal our back porch... Plus just general cleaning around the house. I have no idea how much of it I will actually get to, but I'm excited.

Questions? No

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? Broccoli salad--raw broccoli, bacon, red onion, and sunflower seeds with mayo+apple cider vinegar+sugar sauce. Sounds kind of gross when I say it like that, but it's delicious.
  • @babyodo I just told DH that We needed new couches because they’re uncomfortable. Maybe it’s just because I’m pregnant. 
  • @babyodo my hand started going numb last night too! I had to shake it out and it was fine.

How far along are you? 24 weeks tomorrow 

Due date? October 20

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow afternoon for 24 wk checkup. They’ll schedule my glucose test too

Rant/rave? Today is my best friend’s birthday and we are having a pool day this afternoon at our other friend’s house (who is also pregnant - she’s 16 weeks 😊). It’s supposed to be 90 degrees so it’s going to feel soooo good. I’ve been waiting for a pool day all summer!

Questions? None at the moment

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? We never really do a “potluck” on the 4th since it’s my mom’s birthday and grandpa always grills steak or burgers (burgers this year, I can’t eat steak during this pregnancy 🤢), but we always always always have my grandma’s potato salad. It’s the best potato salad in the world and my cousin even had the recipe printed onto a plate as a bridal shower gift for me! It’s a family favorite at get togethers.
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks!

Due date? Oct 19

Upcoming appointments? Thursday, probably my last appointment with this doc before we move

Rant/rave? Today is a good day! 24 weeks in and of itself feels rave-worthy. Also, hubby finally settled on a name for the baby! And he used her name to say goodnight to her last night, I can't even. And we have a lease on a home in Louisiana! And I got to see my mom yesterday! I haven't seen her since early February, well before I even knew I was pregnant. She got to feel babykins kick and she brought me a bag of baby clothes from me and my brothers + blankets she made for us.

Questions? I'm curious what others have experiencing with Braxton-Hicks contractions, if anything. I get a handful a day, and go back and forth between thinking they're cool (uteruses are amazing and when it's contracting I can actually feel mine) and, well, it's pretty uncomfortable.

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? It's been a long time since I've been to a 4th of July party...probably beer TBH. But my go-to potluck dishes are bean salad or cauliflower salad (which is very similar to @carrotsandpeas3 's broccoli salad but replace bacon with cheese).

• How far along are you? 24w

Due date? 10/19

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow

Rant/rave? We sold our house 🎉 Now we just need to find one lol. Also, yay for viability day!

Questions? Does anyone else feel like they haven’t really gotten much bigger over the past few weeks? I’m feeling tons more movement and such, but I feel like my bump is even smaller if possible lol.

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? Strawberry pretzel jello 

@babyodo carpal tunnel is a common thing in pregnancy. I also have had my hands go numb while sleeping certain ways.

@amapa20 I haven’t been feeling them yet much, but I had them a ton with DD2.
  • @coldbrew yay! That's excellent news about your house! I celebrated viability day yesterday, such an incredible feeling! 
    @babyodo add me to the pregnancy carpal tunnel crowd, it got really bad with my first and they pushed me to get surgery during pregnancy, I ended up just pushing through, I really hope this time doesn't get that bad, good news is it completely went away the day I have birth! 

How far along are you?
    24 weeks yesterday 🙌

Due date?
    10/18

Upcoming appointments?
    This afternoon! 

Rant/rave?
     I have so many little baby orders on their way to me, I FINALLY scored a organic kimono set with footie pants in newborn size, I've only been haunting the internet for restocks for weeks lol. The only sucky part of supporting slow fashion small shops is that stockings are a total pain. It doesn't help that pretty much every IG mom is pregnant right now! 

Questions?
    Anybody else experiencing that thing where baby feels like they're convulsively shaking? I read that it's just muscle spasms as they're developing, but man it scares me so badly. 

Uh. I've actually never been to a 4th of July potluck! I'm not great with going to gatherings, I'm a hardcore introvert.. but if I did, I'd make cheesecake bars!🙌 
  • mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited June 2020
    @coldbrew me! I think I posted that on my HDBD photo last week. Like I feel even at this point my belly button should be somewhat poking out. It’s definitely not as much of an innie as normal (it’s really an innie, lol) but I still don’t look pregnant in certain tops because of it, just really pudgy 😂
  • @coldbrew My bump seems to grow in spurts. Seems like it went two weeks without moving, and in the past few days I suddenly look preggo even with clothes on. I get impatient with it when it's stalled out but I guess I should trust it to do its thing!
    @mamahosch My innie got shallower a while ago, but hasn't made any recent progress toward popping out. Honestly the idea freaks me out a little!
  • @coldbrew I felt like my belly hadn't grown in a couple of weeks and now popped out a lot this week! I feel like it's definitely in spurts. 
    @mamahosch I never "popped" out my belly button last time and probably won't this time either. It's not that I have a lot of extra belly weight or a deep belly button, it just doesn't flip that way! So it's not necessarily something that happens.
  • @carrotsandpeas3 me too, my belly button last time did a half-hearted kind of flip like a week before I have birth, I was hoping for an outie but nope! 
  • AB518AB518 member
    @carrotsandpeas3   I used to make a broccoli salad that was very similar, and it was delicious!  But you are right that it kind of sounds gross when you list what is in it.  The only difference was that I didn't put sunflower seeds in it, and I think that I put one other thing in it, but I can't remember right now what it was.

@amapa20   I have been having Braxton-Hicks contractions.  I don't remember having any with my prior pregnancy,  but I think that I was much better at staying hydrated the last time.  I start to get them when I'm dehydrated and stressed.

@mamahosch   My belly button popped out when I was closer to being full term with my other pregnancy.  The crazy thing is that when I started having contractions, it would become an innie again with each contraction.  I kept thinking it was really weird because I wasn't even feeling the contractions yet, but I kept seeing my belly button go from an outie back to an innie over and over again. 

How far along are you? 24 weeks 4 days

Due date? 10/16

Upcoming appointments? 7/2

Rant/rave?  
    Rant:  I feel like there is too much going on for me to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.  I sometimes almost feeling like I'm ignoring this baby.  
    Rave:  My baby is very active, so it reassures me that she is probably doing well.  

Questions? nope

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish?  I usually just buy something from Costco or convince DH to make something.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited July 2020
    @AB518 the recipe I follow calls for raisins but I stopped putting them in because so many people don't like them. Also, that's crazy and also kind of awesome about your belly button going in and out with contractions!

@amapa20 I've been having BH when I overdo it, especially in the heat. Mine are always uncomfortable and kind of crampy almost like bladder pain, but I'm 99% sure they are just BHs. They always go away if I drink water and put my feet up. Annoying when they hit while I'm solo with my toddler at the park though! 

I finally got switched over to my new OB practice. My old one was no longer delivering at my preferred hospital and my actual OB had left the group since I had my daughter, so I just decided to switch out. Nothing personal, but the delivery hospital was pretty important to me. Now I'm scheduled for my glucose test during my first visit with them on 7/16!
  • AB518AB518 member
    @carrotsandpeas3  It was raisins!  I did notice that people would eat the entire broccoli salad, but there were several people who would pick out the raisins.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @carrotsandpeas3 We’ll be doing our glucose test together in spirit!
  • @carrotsandpeas3 glad you got switched over finally! I have my glucose test on the 29th. And it's with my favorite OB in the office (she's actually an ARNP, and I had her yesterday and for my first ever appointment)! She's so bubbly and sweet. I think I'm going to stick with her once I go in for regular OB appointments that aren't prenatal lol. Just wish she could deliver my baby!
  • @mamahosch my provider while my OB is on maternity leave is an NP and she’s amazing. I would switch to her for my GYN appointments after these babies if I didn’t already love my OB.