October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 6/22

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 6/22

• How far along are you? —24 weeks 

Due date? —Oct 12

Upcoming appointments?— 26 week appt in July 

Rant/rave? 
    Rant—Potty training is the worst. We really haven’t even started and I’m so stressed 
    Rave— I’m happy to be at viability even though I know that doesn’t necessarily mean bringing a baby home. I officially have less than 3 months until my scheduled csection. 

Questions?- none 

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's?— My husband is a big fan of my chicken enchiladas. The recipe is my mother’s and she cannot remember where she found it. But I’ve never preferred anyone else’s over mine. 

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• How far along are you? 24 weeks

Due date? 10/13

Upcoming appointments? Later this week for growth scan and OB appts

Rant/rave?
    Rant: I’m back to not sleeping well again and I’m so over it. I’ve been waking up every night at 3am to pee and then not falling asleep for another 2 hours. 
    Rave: I’m loving feeling more movement and super excited to have started our nursery

Questions? None

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's? Any type of yeast breads
  • Loading the player...
  • @profmcgonagall when is your c-section?! They won't schedule mine until 3 months out, which is the first week of July. I am so anxious to get it officially scheduled!

How far along are you? 24 weeks

Due date? 10/11

Upcoming appointments? 24 week appointment next week (late!)

Rant/rave? Rant: the state of inventory at work is so, so poor. I have had this job for 3 years and never felt so bad about it, and it's projected to be bad until at least the second week of July. Rave: Chocolate coconut cold brew latte. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's? I'm not big on cooking (DH is a great cook and loves to do it) but probably seafood lasagna, if I had to nail down a dish. I love baking though and make some killer cookies.
  • @themoonandme, mine isn’t officially scheduled but I know I’ll be getting mine at exactly 37 weeks unless something comes up. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• jgrodojgrodo member
    @mckjacks I'm totally in the same boat except mine never got better- I miss sleep!
    How far along are you? 24 wks

Due date?10/12

Upcoming appointments? Wed- so nervous glucose screen

Rant/rave? Rant: frustrated with our new health insurance. DH switched jobs and now we have a high deductible plan which means way more $$ in ob bills then last time. I know it's the way insurance works but my his company contributes to HSA to help with deductible but they prorate it since he didn't start Jan but insurance doesn't prorate the deductible. I know it's how the plan works and we did t have a choice in plans it's just annoying. Happy to be employed and have insurance just irritated since got first ob bill. 
    Rave:won my Fitbit challenge 2 weeks in  a row!

Questions?

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else? I'm a work in progress with my cooking. I wouldn't say i make it better than anyone else but my airfried salmon and roasted sweet potatoes comes out tasty! 
  • How far along are you? 24+2

Due date? 10/10

Upcoming appointments? Phone appointment 7/2

Rant/rave? Rant: I'm so much more tired and uncomfortable at this point in pregnancy than with DD. I didn't find pregnancy unbearable with her. Every day it reconfirms we're done after 2! Rave: MIL & SIL are driving up from CA tomorrow and staying until Sunday--I can't wait! I love them, but also I know it'll give me a major break from DD which is much needed.

Questions?

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's? I haven't cooked in forever and am better than no one, but I make some mean chocolate chip pancakes (I use mix though, so that doesn't really count; although DH, who is a good cook and cooks all our food, is hopeless at pancakes, even with mix).

@themoondandme I want that latte!!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks

Due Date? 10/9

Upcoming Appointments: 28-week checkup and glucose test July 17

Rant: Dealing with our OB over a billing snafu. The billing company they use requires a $1,000 payment in case insurance won’t cover services. Supposed to have been told at our first appointment, we were only informed last week. They had just switched over to this new company when we had our first appointment, so we think they just didn’t tell us and thought they had. So we’ve been going back and forth with the billing company and the OB office, it’s been a lot of added and unnecessary stress. 

Rave: MH finished painting the nursery this weekend, it looks so good! I need to post up pics on the nursery board.

Questions?

GTKY: What’s your cooking speciality? Anything Italian, it’s what I grew up eating and I’ve been cooking since I was in middle school. MH’s favorite that I make is called chicken spiedini, it’s breaded chicken with stewed tomatoes, lemon, and pasta.