December 2020 Moms

6.21 - 6.27 Weekly Randoms

2»

Re: 6.21 - 6.27 Weekly Randoms

• jchpgjchpg member
    @shelmcclel and @willashbaby I agree- I am sure this is merely for documentation. I’m just frustrated that it will be one person at HR (our department is tinny!) making a call on if our risk assessment if valid, likely not based on current data. Fortunately/unfortunately the CDC has now classified pregnancy and a BMI >30 as risky, so this should support my request. 

@the_road_to_oz are you just predicting the continued increase in cases or do you secretly know something I don’t?!  Unfortunately, being in TX and with the general attitude of “total personal responsibility” (somehow totally lacking a compassion for community) I suspect it would take a state mandated lock-down, which the governor has made clear will not happen, for Universities to go fully
    online.

• akorosakoros member
    @jchpg I hadn't heard about the BMI risk factor, will definitely keep that in mind if needed. They haven't decided how they'll assess "high risk" at work, enabling people to stay home when we move to Phase 2 or beyond, I'm guessing they'll most likely punt it down to "manager discretion".