Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Wednesday 6.17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause indefinitely

Re: TWW Wednesday 6.17

• Options

Good morning ladies! I lurked on yesterday's thread and enjoyed the information about Mosie and decided to adopt putting "timing" into a phrase. MH and I do not HIO nearly as often as I've seen some others do. 🤭 Is it just in my marriage, or does anyone else have to put much effort into seducing their husband to get optimal timing? MH needs: once a week, if that. Seducing him into EOD is an art. 😅 I hope you all have a relatively good Wednesday!

Month/Cycle: 6, 2

CD/DPO: 46, 11

Timing: Could've been better

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: today

R/R: Yesterday was a good day for me emotionally. I didn't test and didn't feel as anxious. But last night I had trouble falling asleep over wondering so I tested this morning and saw a clear BFN. I still spent 5 minutes holding it up to a flashlight and squinting though. I know it's still really early, but I've lost hope for this cycle. I think I'll have a better chance next cycle. If my period comes early I would feel relieved to be done with the TWW!

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery if you look at some of my past charts, we're just HIO during FW and that's it. I 99% of the time am the initiator. I can count on 1 hand how many times DH has been the one to start it. And we've been together for almost 13 years!

Month/Cycle: 36

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: on the 27th if no AF

R/R: hopefully today DH does some work around the house (like finishing the paint in our kitchen). He's on furlough for the week. Other than that... Just trying to get through the week and have a therapy appointment today so we'll see how that goes. I should write some stuff down so I remember what to talk about.

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@mighty_montgomery oh DH is a once a month type of guy (even before TTC) and i 100% of the time initiate.  this cycle was an anomaly for us...we never HIO so much.  me?  i would love once a week or so but i gave up on that years ago lol

@inthewoods23 hope your appointment goes well!  and to piggyback from yesterday, yes Proov is all over.  i'm actually ordering it this week i think.

Month/Cycle: 6/5 AL

CD/DPO: 25/8

Timing: -5, -4, -2, +1

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: probably not (never thought i'd be saying that)

R/R: 90% sure i'm out--temps are funky and i have pretty bad cramps today.  i fully expect AF tomorrow.  i am due for my annual with OBGYN next month and am asking about progesterone.  i feel it in my gut that something may be off and i do not want to waste any more time or stress.

CS/Q:  

• Options
    @asf0613 hope you can find some answers next month! I'd be curious to see what the Proov testing shows you. How much does that cost anyway? 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 its like $35-$40 bucks for a cycle and you use it like 7-10DPO for a few days is my understanding.  
    I'm assuming that whatever i ask dr to run will not be covered under insurance so this is at least a cheaper first step i guess
  • Options
    @asf0613 I did 2 cycles of checking progesterone, but that was like 2 years ago so I don't remember what I paid through insurance. Maybe it was comparable? I'll have to see if I can look that up.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Month/Cycle: 12/11

CD/DPO: 28/6

Timing: -3,-2,-1,+1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days 

Testing: Haven’t decided yet. 

R/R: sorry to bump and run yesterday. I got caught up with things at the house, dinner and all that. Today should be an easy day. I have a call with a wedding client to discuss their wedding this weekend. I’m surprised they’re still having it tbh. It sounds like they’re only expecting immediate family.. I would have eloped. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Or just pushed it out. Tww has me feeling better mentally this week. I’ve done all I can, and just have to wait. Instead of stressing over those dang tests, timing, and bbt.. 

CS/Q: I forgot to temp this morning so nothing new to see! 

@mighty_montgomery we definitely don’t have super romantic sex during fw. And besides that, we might do it 1-2 more times a cycle. Between dh and I we just have an understanding that I track everything else. So he had his “duties” too. 🤦🏼‍♀️ That sounds terrible typing out, but after a year of ttc, and a loss, well do anything possible to get KU. Sorry about your bfn. I hope next cycle is better! 

@inthewoods23 hope tour therapy appointment goes well! And that dh is able to get some things done during his furlough! 

@asf0613 I’m sorry about the cramps! Have you been having short luteal phases? I’m sure you doctor would at the very minimum be willing to check your progesterone! 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 22

CD/DPO: 3DP5DT

Timing: Excellent

Typical LP length: On progesterone so...

Testing: Beta in a week. 

R/R: The wait for beta is slowly taking my soul... Yesterday was harder than today, but I'm literally exhaling deeply at the end of the day and mentally counting down another day closer to beta. I just need to know! 

I need a distraction, but can't really think of something good right now. MH is a nervous nelly about me working out too hard right now, so that's off the table, I'm reading a lot, which is helpful. Maybe I need to pick a craft project! 

CS/Q: Nope

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery Haha nothing kills a sex life faster than TTC IMO! We were never firm once a weekers like others we know, but once we started TTC it was like we would OD during FW and nothing the rest of the month. The cycles I made us try SMEP were let's just say a challenge. :D  And now being on meds, things are even scarcer. I assume everything will even out eventually for us, but you're not alone!

@inthewoods23 FX he gets all of his projects done!!!! 

@asf0613 My OB-GYN did a progesterone check on me before I started TTC to confirm I was ovulating, it was covered fully, I'm interested in how Proov works though, I absolutely would have tried it! It's always worth the peace of mind IMO!

@photographerwife I would have eloped too, poor couple! We have friends who were supposed to be getting married this weekend, and they pushed it out a full year already. I do wonder how the world is going to even look this time next year! 

• Options
    @mvt2003 your comment about working out reminds me of the Peggy that was worried she had peed out her embryo because she couldn't lay for the 10-15 minutes post transfer to use the bathroom :D

@photographerwife I've been hearing a lot about people still having weddings now. It's just weird to think many things are being done like normal, but I'm sure most have turned into smaller affairs. At least it's nice that you basically have to be socially distanced from people to get their pictures anyway.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
  • Options
    @mvt2003 I’m sorry the wait is killing you. Sending so many positive thoughts! I can only imagine the anxiousness you’re feeling right now. I hope you find something to hold you over until then! Check out the marvelous mrs Maisel on Amazon prime, if you haven’t already! It’s one that I recently finished, and I imagine it would be a good one to keep your mind on other things! 

@inthewoods23 yes thankfully! These people are coworkers too, so I know they’ve held the same restrictions that I have at work too. So that’s good, and I’ll be wearing my mask! In another situation I might not have done it.. I hate it for everyone that’s having to push them off so far! 
  • Options
    krash_krash_ member
    I'm going to move over here now!

@mighty_montgomery we are sometimes a once a week couple and sometimes a once a month couple but TTC we really push ourselves to get good timing. We are very competitive people so we want to make sure we have the best chance possible each cycle. Ultimately you have to do what is best for your physical and mental health but I try keep it exciting during FW. The rest of the month is just whatever happens. 
    @inthewoods23 GL with therapy today. I always made notes in my phone before the appointment, even if I didn't use them it helped me put my thoughts together. Then I would sit in my car after and write some more notes out so I wouldn't forget what she said. 
    @asf0613 FX your appointment next month is your first pregnancy appointment! You're not out til you're out!
    @photographerwife hopefully you can get more information about the precautions they will have in place. I do think it would be kinda fun to get a picture of everyone at the wedding or at least the wedding party in their masks. If I was the bride I probably would have gotten the groomsmen and bridesmaid coordinating masks  :D
    @mvt2003 in your situation I would probably start baking everything. Bake and then drop off at friends and neighbors houses. FX so hard for you! 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 15/1 or 2

Timing: good will try to add today just to be safe

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: we are visiting family for 4th of July and my period is due the same day we leave so probably 7/1 so I know before we go and can make a plan of how to or how to not tell family

R/R: made cinnamon roll coffee cake this morning. I'm going to go grab a piece for lunch dessert after I finish this. Not much for rants today. Feeling good about this cycle but also just in general. I do have a lot of work to catch up on but they have been really understanding of our quarantine situation right now so I'm not too concerned. 

CS/Q: Waiting for CH. Premom says O was yesterday but I think it might have been CD 13. I think if my temp goes up again tomorrow I'll get CH for CD 13.

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @photographerwife i've been averaging at about 11 day LP so if i do get AF tomorrow that would be 9.  definitely going to ask for that.  Must be so nerve wrecking trying to plan a wedding right now!! i def wouldve eloped!
    @mvt2003 one day closer!!! we're all counting the days with you-hang in there.  are you still walking at least?
    @krash_ welcome to the party!  and mmm coffee cake my favorite.  doesn't last long in the house here
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: Four years and counting
    CD/DPO: 20/5
    Timing: IUI
    LP length: 14 days
    Testing: Jun 27
    R/R:  Not really.  Just trying to keep busy around the house.
    CS/Q: Not today.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 My clinic does post-transfer documentation basically telling you that you can't pee it out, and going over a bumpy road won't hurt it, among other things. :D I basically sprinted to the bathroom after this transfer! :D 

@photographerwife I <3 Mrs Maisel!!!!! Such a good show! 

@krash_ I do have some stress baking planned for over the weekend - I found nonalcoholic Bailey's chips in the baking aisle, so I'm making irish cream cookies!!!! 

@asf0613 Yep, I'm still walking! I'd lose my mind if I wasn't! MH just doesn't want me to do the HIIT stuff I prefer to do, and when I run I push myself hard. My heart rate is normally at my upper limits when I run, especially in heat, so he probably has a point about not stressing my body out right now. (I never said that if he asks haha!) 

• Options
    @mvt2003 ha! well he of course only has your best interests in mind, but still frustrating that one aspect of your life has to affect other parts too.  such is life i guess!
  • Options

Late posting today because it's been a crazy work day! Blergh! No more meetings now until tomorrow. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 21/2

Timing: -4,-2,-1,0,+1

Typical LP length: unclear; the last 3 were 11, 13, 10. 

Testing: will use Proov tomorrow (DPO3) to "confirm ovulation" and then test again DPO 7-10 to check progesterone levels. Also keeping an eye on the good ol' cervix. 

R/R: super busy with work and that's keeping my mind off TWW

CS/Q: not today. 

@mighty_montgomery - we definitely have to work at HIO regularly. We're still new to TTC and also newly weds but I do hope it doesn't stop! I definitely have to do most of the initiating although the good thing is hubby won't say "no" to HIO (unless he's tired / cranky); he's just not the initiator. Except for (surprisingly) last night! Last cycle we didn't HIO for 3 weeks after FW! 

@asf0613 @inthewoods23 definitely give Proov a try; they have a 10% discount if ordering directly off their site. The Facebook community is great for answering questions but WARNING! LOTS OF TW in the form of BFPs. So... I'd be happy to answer any questions around when to test / what a positive / negative looks like. The test is backwards since you *don't* want to see a 2nd line for a positive (what you want) test. 

@photographerwife so many weddings getting cancelled / postponed; 2 of my friends were getting married end of August. One's decided to postpone by a year (she really wants a big to-do); the other is having a small, family only affair because they just want to get married and get on with life (they'll have a party later though). 

@krash_ Welcome to TWW! Does the family know you're TTC?

@SesshomaruMom Is this your first IUI? 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @acleverusername thanks for that review!  i definitely intend to get it for next cycle and i am going to plan my annual GYN visit for right after i use it so i can talk to her about it.  and great about the 10% that makes it cheaper than amazon!!!
  • Options
    krash_krash_ member
    @acleverusername they don't know the extent to which we are TTC but I assume they know we are trying. It is a big drinking boating sitting around the fire kind of family, especially for the 4th so they will know if I'm not drinking. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18