December 2020 Moms

GTKY Monday 06/15

Alright ladies let’s talk about Pet Peeves! We’ve all got them, so what are they? Name your top 3 that you just can’t stand.

Re: GTKY Monday 06/15

• Whenever anyone (mainly DH) is tapping on the table (or chair or whatever) while I'm sitting there. Drives me insane. 

If someone finishes a can of soda/beer/whatever and doesn't immediately just go put it in the recycle bin.

When I know something is at the local Post Office and they just won't deliver it. 
  • karmbakarmba member
    1. When people don't use their turn signal.
    2. When someone says "Irregardless."
    3. When dishes aren't fully rinsed before going in the dishwasher.  Ours is not great and things don't get clean if they're not super rinsed off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • 1) having to repeat myself often. My dad is hard of hearing and after spending a weekend on vacation with him a long time ago with having to repeat every single thing I said, it’s a major pet peeve.
    2) loud chewing/gum smacking 
    3) trash cans being full /overflowing and not being taken out
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Piles. My husband doesn’t “clean” he condenses items into a smaller piles. (And often tucks them slightly out of sight) Like... I then have to then find the pile, sort the pile and do what you should have done originally by putting things where they actually go. 
    He thinks he’s helping too, so he gets all smug about how much he “cleaned” and I’m just like .... actually you made a whole bunch more work for me, but thaaaaaaanks and he doesn’t get why I’m annoyed

• Oh, and when people randomly pluralize things. “I’m going to the walmarts” .. Unless you are hitting up multiple Walmart... 

• Here are my pet peeves:

1) People who always run late or make me late because I’m waiting for them.
    2) People who don’t use their turn signals.
    3) People who walk slowly or who drag their feet or shuffle when they walk. like pick up your feet!! 

• @shelmcclel “anyways” is one of my H’s Biggest pet peeves! When we first started dating he’d always call me out on saying it and it drove me mad. Now of course I get it and always pickup on when others say it too. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @karmba I hate when I hear "irregardless." I had to tell my husband that wasn't a word after a few years of marriage and I think he was embarrassed, he would say it all the time. I also hate "supposably."
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • 1. When people don’t put trash / dishes away. Especially dirty dishes in the sink overnight. I live with two teenagers so this is a constant fight that makes me lose my mind.
    2. Mansplaining, catcalling, and basically any bad man behavior and micro aggression. I do not stand for it and have really started calling people out which is so satisfying.
    3. Bad dog owners - specially ones who don’t control their dogs off leash and just yell “oh he’s friendly” instead of doing anything meaningful (I’ve brought this one up before).

I feel like I have so many more...

So so so much agreement with everyone else’s haha!
  • 1. "Needs washed" style sentences. As in "The car needs washed."
    2. My dog excitedly barking like crazy. This really only happens outside but I worry so much about it bothering others.
    3. Loud noises or loud talking in the morning. Let's take it easy.
  • @tryingktogku I say literally ALL of the time! I’m going to work on reducing my usage - I know I sound ridiculous and sometimes have to thoughtfully delete it from e-mails Bc I put it in too many times. 

@bearmomma1 I was the same! I said it a lot.  and then some guy called me out on it a really embarrassing way years ago and ever since it’s just been in my brain and I always notice it.