October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week 3 (10/15-10/21) - 6/15

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: What was the best present someone ever gave you?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 3 (10/15-10/21) - 6/15

• Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks tomorrow

Due date? October 20

Upcoming appointments? June 30 for 24 wk checkup

Rant/rave? I've been feeling baby boy kick a lot more lately, even with my anterior placenta! Usually in the morning, at night, or a little bit after I've eaten a meal. It's such an amazing feeling! DH was able to feel it earlier in the week when I told him to hold his hand in one spot for a bit. He kicked pretty hard and hubby was so excited. I also got all the secondhand clothing we were donated/purchased washed up, hung up, or rolled up into our drawers! Things are starting to feel real!

I guess my rant is that we try to go on a walk every day for 30 minutes for my daily exercise (and for our golden to get exercise, since "walk" is her favorite word lol) but it's been SO HOT lately and our walks either get cut short or we just don't go. But yesterday was finally cool enough for one of our longer walks! June weather in Iowa is so unpredictable.

Questions? Has anyone decided to venture out if your COVID restrictions were lifted? Eating out at a restaurant, etc.? I'm still nervous to, but on Father's Day DH's late mom's side (his aunts, uncles, and cousins) usually goes to the same restaurant (which we'd have to travel 3 hours for) for all you can eat shrimp, fries, and coleslaw and honestly I'm CRAVING it. But I'm also weary on going.

GTKY: What was the best present someone ever gave you? This is probably really cheesy, but before DH and I were dating, I lived in a different town but we had been talking for a few months long distance. It was Teacher Appreciation Week and my principal came into the lunchroom while my kindergarteners were getting their lunches and said there was something in the office for me. As I was walking my class back through the office to the elementary wing, there were flowers on the desk sent from DH saying Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! It was so thoughtful and made my entire week. We started officially dating about two weeks later, lol.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

Due date? Oct 19

Upcoming appointments? July 2 (my birthday yay)

Rant/rave? Rave: Last week I did an event on Facebook called the Virtual Prego Expo, I learned a ton and won a Love to Dream swaddle! First item crossed off my registry!

Questions? Nope

Probably my 15th birthday, my dad took me to Alaska. It was a great trip and was the first time we really did something just the two of us.

@mamahosch Not me! I live in Arizona, and a part of Arizona where people are particularly idiotic. The most I've been willing to do is walk around the park, but the way people are behaving and cases are rising, even that is worrying me. We do delivery or takeout every now and then, but no way we'd eat in a restaurant. Maybe outdoors but it's too hot here for that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     How far along are you? 21+5

Due date? 10/21

Upcoming appointments? Getting NIPT drawn this afternoon, then switching OBs so who knows

Rant/rave? Had some seriously awful Braxton Hicks yesterday. Seems way too early for that but it was hot out and I really overdid it between cleaning and solo parenting all weekend.

Questions? Anyone do NIPT and keep the sex a secret? I'm trying to figure out how to manage that.

GTKY: What was the best present someone ever gave you? I guess vacation to St. John VI with the ILs back in 2016 as a sort of graduation gift to me and DH for graduating medical school.

@mamahosch I haven't been out yet, but we are going to visit extended family Thurs-Sun and are planning on doing a double date night out with BIL and his wife (and leave the kids with grandma!). Probably just dinner out. Cases are decreasing in my state and are especially low in the area we are traveling to (higher in the city I live in). With MH and I both working in hospitals and DD going to daycare, I feel like we are more at risk day to day than to go do this. 
  • Options
    @mamahosch I haven’t ventured to any restaurants at all. I’m also cutting out our grocery trips now since it seems every week another grocery store employee tests positive here. I have visited friends and we went to the river this weekend. A part of the river that required reservations so it was less crowded. 

@carrotsandpeas3 I didn’t but my friends both did. You just tell them and I’m sure they can cut that part out. I’d ask them. They would know. 

How far along are you? 22 + 3 

Due date?10/16

Upcoming appointments? Today for check up 

Rant/rave?
    Rant: I’m really close with a friend and today she said just because someone tested positive for covid doesn’t mean they have covid. I just don’t even know how to respond to that. I’m pretty sure I’m one of the only ones of my friends who believes in social distancing and be careful when I go out. 

Rave: excited to get out the house and go to my doctors appt. 

Questions? Anyone else have super severe dry skin? I had to do a televisit  with my dermatologist and see if she could recommend anything to help.  

I love my necklace with DD birth stone and name. It’s my favorite ever and wear it all the time. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22w

Due date? 10/19

Upcoming appointments? 6/30 for 24w appt

Rant/rave? We are listing our house Saturday to sell 😬 I think we’ll sell pretty quickly, but I’m nervous about finding a house. There is so little available where we want to live. I don’t care if it happens right before I’m due as long as we are all moved in before she comes. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What was the best present someone ever gave you? Oh jeeze I have no idea. DH is a terrible gift giver, so probably something my mom crocheted for me. 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    @mamahosch  Yay for feeling more movement!  Restrictions are starting to be lifted where I live, but I still don't go anywhere except work and OB appointments.  I feel like working at a hospital creates enough risk that I try to decrease my risk as much as possible when I can, so I will continue to avoid going to public places for awhile.

@amapa20  There seems to be something special about marking off that first item from the baby registry!  

@carrotsandpeas3   For my NIPT, I had to specifically request finding out the sex.  It was an extra little checkbox on a form that I had to fill out; otherwise, the company wouldn't report the sex.  The nurse at my OB's office also made sure that she made a note of how I wanted to find out the sex (i.e. phone call, email, or picking up an envelope from their office).

@babycakesday   Pregnancy brain made me completely forget that we are due date buddies, so I was super happy about seeing someone else with the same due date as me this week.  Pregnancy brain has been bad this past week.

@coldbrew  Buying and selling homes can be stressful.  I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.  I'm planning to be moving around the time baby is born.  I'm in the process of building.  The house was originally supposed to be completed by this summer, but it has turned into the never ending project.

How far along are you? 22 weeks 3 days

Due date? 10/16

Upcoming appointments? July 2nd

Rant/rave?
    Rant: I'm tired.  I think that I might be saying that every week.
    Rave:  My in-laws have already started watching DS more often, and it is really nice.  He loves hanging out with his grandparents, and it has decreased my stress level when getting ready to go to work in the morning.

Questions? nope

GTKY: What was the best present someone ever gave you?  The best present that I have received would be my engagement ring.  It is really pretty, and it reminds me of a major decision in my life that has led me to where I am today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kalesix3kalesix3 member
    edited June 2020
    @carrotsandpeas3  was she trying to say "false positives can happen"? Because I've heard a lot of that on social media, I don't even know if the people saying it personally know someone who tested positive and then tested negative.. or whether everyone is just parroting around a line they heard. 

How far along are you?

22 weeks 🙌

Due date?
    10/18

Upcoming appointments?
    On the 28th, I think it's just a normal visit. 

Rant/rave?
    My new midwife practice calls patients about their test results and goes over each number and gives advice etc and maybe it's silly but my last practice didn't tell you anything at all so I'm super happy. 
    I'm borderline anemic but my AFP screening came back perfect so that's nice! 

Questions?
    I can't think of anything but I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll think of at least 5 things 😛

I think about my engagement ring as a present so definitely that. It's the nicest thing I've ever had and I'm ridiculously attached to it. Close second would be the plants my partner gives me, especially the miniature African violets, they mean so much to me. 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 I dont think I was the one you meant to tag, but I'm going to respond anyway to @babycakesday and say that statement is super uninformed and would really frustrate me as well. If someone had a real coronavirus test (nasopharynx swab tested by pcr) that was positive, they have the virus, whether they are asymptomatic or not. The other way around (testing negative but still having it) DOES happen but is rare with a properly swabbed test. Antibody testing and the amount of junk other tests out there are a whole other story. 
  • Options
    I had forgotten all about this since this morning 😂   My appt went well so it helped wipe out that comment. She meant that if the person was asymptomatic then they don’t really have the virus. 🙄. I just ignored it and moved on because there’s just no reasoning sometimes.

@AB518 Yay for due date buddies!
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 yikes! I had to edit twice to redo the messed up tag and it ended up being wrong anyways! I'm sorry! Yes I meant to ask @babycakesday that! 
    I wasn't arguing in favor of their statement, just trying to understand why they would say that.
    I'm glad your appointment went so well! 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 I didn't mean to sound argumentative! Just meant to respond to that earlier and didn't get around to it until you brought it back up. The amount of misinformation out there is scary and frustrating and is one of the biggest reasons I left Facebook a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    @kalesix3 @carrotsandpeas3 Misinformation is the worst. Plus her husband works in a hospital so I think she thinks they know more. That’s why I don’t even respond because it’ll come off as argumentative when I’m just legitimately concerned about the misinformation. My friend asked her clarify it because I hadn’t heard this new conspiracy but now I know. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday you hit the nail on the head about being concerned about misinformation just sounding argumentative. I've struggled so much with this and have just starting trying to tune most of it out. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 oh no worries at all, I just wanted you to know I definitely wasn't defending their statement!  
    @babycakesday concern is reeeeally hard to have taken in context in real life and just about impossible over the internet. There are so many times I go to try to point something out and just delete my comments again because I really don't want to fight and on Facebook it's like everyone is ready to cancel you over the smallest comment lol 
    I saw a stat about how many pregnant women are asymptomatic with Covid but that doesn't mean they don't have it or aren't spreading it around unintentionally!