February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 6/15

2»

Re: Weekly randoms 6/15

• Options
    @vizsladogmom whoops I posted a monthly one. But I’m totally down to check in weekly or daily. I need some accountability partners! 

Has anyone not told their parents yet? 
  • Options
    @birdiejo I haven’t told my parents yet. So far the only people I’ve told are my husband, my friends from the Bump month club for DS (we’re on Facebook now and talk daily; there are no secrets in that group) and my best friend. I’ll tell my parents and in-laws after the viability scan at the first appointment. I don’t want the added pressure of other peoples’ excitement before I even hear a heartbeat (TW I found out about my mc when I went in for my first appointment and there was no heartbeat).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't told anyone irl, I told my BMB that I'm in for my daughter. We are going to see our family next week and might tell them then. I'll only be 7 weeks by the time we leave but me not drinking is going to be a dead giveaway haha. 

• Options
    Anyone still nursing? My boobs hurt so bad and I want to wean my daughter but she still nurses when I get home from work and at night. It hurts so bad! 

• Options
    @birdiejo we also haven’t told parents or siblings. We told 3 sets (couples I guess would be the right term lol) of close friends and I told my BMB group from DS. Same as @hannahbananas11, on Facebook with no secrets lol. No one in our family knows about the loss earlier this year either. Well, as long as my husband kept his big mouth shut. 

I didn’t hear from my OB this morning so I gave them a call. Apparently there is some kind of delay and they didn’t get any of the bloodwork results from yesterday. 
  • Options
    @moguippy I hope they called you back today with the results. That’s super frustrating. 

I want a cold cut sub so badly. But it also was so disappointing last week so I want a cold cut from Subway but from Jimmy Johns or Jersey Mike’s or somewhere else and I can’t decide if they have an equivalent sub 🤣
  • Options
    I have only told my mom and best friend so far. I feel guilty making my mom keep the secret from my dad so I think we will tell him this weekend and my in laws next weekend. 

Tw: I think my mc in the fall affected our parents a lot so I didn’t want to tell them until we heard the heartbeat. We did hear the heartbeat on Tuesday so I’m ready!! But my ds birthday is in 3 weeks and we planned to tell all family while they were together but I don’t think I can wait.

on a different note I tried the preggie pops and I can’t tell if they helped but at least they taste good haha!
  • Options
    nbcarlson...  I am still nursing, I need to wean my 14 month girl so I can have a break.
    Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    @himolly88 yes, I really wanted a break. She will be 3 in October so I really just need to wean her. 

• Options
    @moguippy yay! That's such great news! So happy for you!

• Options
    Well crap. I was digging around google and it seems this could be a molar pregnancy. I’ve got to just stop thinking until Monday. And stop googling. 
  • Options
    @moguippy I bet the ob would’ve mentioned something or had you come in if they thought it was a molar pregnancy. At this point even a millimeter off in measuring the sac can skew the dates way off. Hopefully on Monday they measure it a second time and get the right dates. I’m glad the numbers looked good, and I’m glad that you’ve got an appointment for an us on Monday so that you don’t have to Google for too many days! :)
  • Options
    @moguippy Dr. Google is the worsttt!! I’ll be thinking of you, Monday can’t come soon enough! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 reading up on it I seem to have a lot of the symptoms/risk factors. So obviously that has me worried. But I’ll find out Monday and I just have to tell myself that worrying won’t change anything. Not that that will stop me from worrying, but what else can I do. 

Tomorrow I am seeing all of my in-laws and meeting my baby niece for the first time. That should take my mind off it for a little while at least
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    I got my bloodwork results back today and it looks great! HCG went from 349 to 2,100 in 4 days, woohoo!

@birdiejo we haven't told anyone yet. TW: we were pretty open about our MC earlier this year with friends and family and honestly the reactions/support weren't great. It made me feel more awkward and lonely than comforted and supported so I've learned my lesson there. We will probably keep it to ourselves until I see a heartbeat.

@moguippy oh man take those bloodwork numbers as a win and step away from google! 
  • Options
    @KLS123 those are great numbers! Are you feeling any strong symptoms yet? I had a bit of nausea this morning, but so far still not as intense as I had with DS.

TW with my mc, similar to @KLS123 I had good support with my mc in that people care about me and we’re sad for me, but my MIL, who I’m really close with, was more excited about the fact that we were trying for a baby than sad about the miscarriage. It was a weird experience to have someone get the totally wrong message and be excited about grandchildren on the horizon while I was grieving. The only really good support that I got was from my friend who had suffered a miscarriage herself. 

I’m counting down the days (two weeks and 4 days!) until the ultrasound when I’ll hopefully see a good strong heartbeat! Then I’ll tell everyone without hesitation.
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    Congrats @moguippy and @KLS123
    So glad you got good news!
  • Options
    Great news @moguippy & @KLS123! I'll be thinking about you and sending good appointment vibes all day today @moguippy!

@birdiejo - We haven't told our parents. The only people who know are DH's ex (who we're close to as a couple), my best friend, and my brother and sister-in-law (whose IF journey has been just as long as ours)

@babymamadimo - Our parents took our MC really rough also, so I want to wait to tell them until we get our chromosome screening back for pretty much the same reason.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    Wow, I’m sorry to hear several of you had such strange “support” after mc. I never would have thought about a grandparent being more excited about a baby than sad about a mc, but I could totally see that happening in my family as well.

We’ve told my 2 best friends and my husband’s 2 best friends (and assume all their partners know as well). Not telling family until I’ve at least seen a doctor. After the first visit we will reassess if/when we’re ready to tell anyone else, but I suspect I won’t want to say anything until we’re much further along.  Honestly I don’t feel like telling my mom at all, but I’ve been told just showing up with a baby would be frowned upon, lol! We might drive to see my family in August (we are 12 hours away), and are considering telling them then.
  • Options
    I just got back from a mini vacation to a cabin 2 hours away, and it was excellent. It was on the beach (think cold rainy Alaskan beach, though, not a warm tropical one), and we went hiking all day Tuesday and had really good food. I definitely plan to go back for a longer vacation sometime. Have any of y’all taken small quarantine vacations?
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 that sounds really relaxing to me! We borrowed a friend’s camper last weekend and headed up to the Wasatch-Uinta Mtns in Utah last weekend. It was a wonderful, much needed mini-quarantine-vacation.