January 2021 Moms

Cravings/WFD?

Its so hard to meal prep for two kiddos and a husband when everything is repulsive 😂

BUT I am unreasonably excited for my Subway sandwich later today. 

What are you craving? What’s for dinner? 

Re: Cravings/WFD?

• We go out on fridays so I don’t have to cook anything tonight, and I am SO excited about it. I feel like my entire life revolves around making food and then cleaning the kitchen, on repeat. 
    In other cravings news, I’ve found drinking sips of pickle juice straight from the jar to be incredibly delicious. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• aels12aels12 member
    Seriously, this is my issue too. I made a list of normal meals we eat the other day so I could just pull from that when everything sounds awful. Tonight we are grilling burgers but I have no idea what we are eating the rest of the weekend!
  • Loading the player...
  • Most food still sounds/looks terrible. Olives are helpful, though. Cheese and crackers or avocado toast also go down ok.
    im usually SO into meal planning and cooking, it’s been a bummer to be so unenthusiastic about food.
    for dinner tonight I’ll make a vegetable pie. Other things I’ve been making a lot include tacos, breakfast sandwiches, pasta, rice and beans.
  • We are in the middle of moving so we had take out burgers on the floor at the new place and then played hide and seek with my toddler. He’s so excited about all the extra space. I want potatoes and ice cream. That’s all I want to eat ever
  • No real cravings. I tend to go towards sour things right now because it helps my nausea a little bit. I have more avoidance right now and just lack of finding food appealing. 

I work I the evening so often times I just grab whatever since DH does dinner with the girls and it is often Mac&cheese, chicken nuggets or pasta 😂
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Blueberries!!! Can’t get enough! 

Dinner is hard these days... the thought of most meat still makes me want to vom. I proceed with cooking what I have planned throughout the week. Sometimes I’m fine to eat it along side my husband and son and sometimes it’s a hard “no”. This week I was fine with tacos and stir fry...
  • @savykay Ha I discovered pickle juice straight from the jar a few days ago too! Delish.

My intense cravings so far have been Ruffles potato chips (specifically Ruffles), wonton soup, and a fried chicken sandwich I had at a McDonald's in Costa Rica 6 months ago...the thought of all of them made me want to cry I wanted them so badly! Also sushi, when I saw someone post a picture of some on Instagram...I like sushi but don't usually get too excited about it, but since I'm supposed to limit/avoid it the idea of it sounds sooo amazing.
  • @stillcozy I came home from the store today with a jar of pickled vegetables. Just ate pickled cauliflower like it’s my freaking job.
    Right there with you with the aversions though, it’s pickles or bust. Even water is hard to keep down.
  • No real cravings yet. But I have rediscovered how much I love the mcdonalds frappes. And I'm not a big fan of the chicken in a pack for chicken salad, and the one pack has been sitting in the back of my cupboard for a hot minute. It was delicious the other day when I was looking for something to snack on
  • I was a stereotypical pregnant lady the other night. Eating pickles straight out of the jar and drinking ginger ale with small nibbles of white bread in between
  • I've been obsessed with pho and anything spicy. Not sure how I forgot about pickles, but I'm about to go have one!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Today I watched a short video about Colonel Sanders, and now I really want fried chicken. 
  • Guys I can’t stop thinking about sushi and mushroom and swiss omelettes 😂
  • I am stuck in a spot where NOTHING sounds good to eat. I don’t have any food aversions yet but I’m very meh on all food right now. Anyone else??  Last time it was buffalo chicken dip and raspberry popsicles, and the time before that it was nerds ropes and grape juice. 
  • I want to eat my weight in rice and beans from a taco shop
  • All I can think about is a tortilla burger (which is a thing I haven’t had since like 4th grade?) pregnancy is wild 😂
  • I swear I’m not a corporate plant and am not being compensated for saying this, but I want Domino’s pizza all day, every day. I try really hard to keep it to one day a week. And I feel bad forsaking our usual local spot, but something about the Domino’s is just yanking on my soul right now.
  • @sheviolentlyknits I was just thinking this week I wanted Domino's! I don't even know why; we never get Domino's, and I didn't grow up eating it. 
  • aels12aels12 member
    I was online making a dominos order the other day and I never get dominos! I didn’t end up ordering but it sounded sooo good. 
  • Ice.... bring me all the crushed ice. I know it's a sign of anemia. I know it's not good for your teeth. Especially mine since I really need some extractions and fillings. But still. Bring me the ice. Preferably the good ice, the crushed kind
  • I’m finally feeling the desire to eat, and that’s helping with nausea a bit since it’s easier to keep my stomach full now. For dinner we’re having zucchini ricotta galette, it’s a summer staple at our house (though suddenly my kid decided she doesn’t like it...eye rolls): https://smittenkitchen.com/2010/06/zucchini-and-ricotta-galette/
  • @marynog Glad you are feeling well enough to eat. That looks delicious! Enjoy! 
  • My biggest craving has been Coke Cola. I was NOT a soda person before pregnancy, and despised my husband’s cola habit. But when we ran out of ginger ale and I needed bubbles to calm my belly down, I took one sip and haven’t been able to stop! 🤦‍♀️