Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? 

Re: Weekly Check-in - week of 6/8

• Options
    1/4 10 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Finding out

baby’s head makes up more than half its height 

Upcoming appointments:
    I have an US tomorrow. I found out last week that I have pityriasis rosea, a relatively harmless and non contagious rash that is the outward sign of a virus that in one study showed a potential very high risk in pregnancy. I will have more frequent ultrasounds going forward and will meet with a MFM at 20 weeks to monitor further. 

How are you feeling?: last week was rough with the pityriasis diagnosis, but I’m much more at peace this week. I have weird random things happen every pregnancy so I’m trying to just set it aside and move forward. I found the baby’s HB on the Doppler this morning which was exciting! My nausea is off and on as is exhaustion, but overall doing ok. 

Rants/Raves: can’t think of anything

Questions: anyone else ever have this rash? I had PUPPs with my last two which is awful but very different than this. 

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just ears now. No tattoos. I used to have my belly button pierced and more ear piercings but I removed them. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    amm126amm126 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 23/ 7 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry

Upcoming appointments: June 19th

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. Mainly just nausea, fatigue and bloating. And an occasional headache if I don't drink enough water

Rants/Raves: My son's daycare isn't planning to reopen until the end of the month, so I'm now trying to figure out a schedule to still work and make sure he is taken care of. At least I get to be home more during this trimester and spend some time with just my son. 

Questions:

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? None! I'm not a fan of needles and have never had the desire to get anything pierced.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aels12aels12 member
    @HappyFeet34 I’m sorry for the unexpected diagnosis! Fingers crossed it has no effect on your pregnancy!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20 7w5d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out
    Upcoming appointments: first appt on June 18th
    How are you feeling?: tired and nauseous, it comes and goes but I feel like I have to eat constantly to stay on top of the nausea :/
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions:
    GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just my ears pierced!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: tetra fish
    Upcoming appointments: lab exam in a couple of weeks to draw blood for Harmony test, and a telehealth appointment that same day 
    How are you feeling?: Nausea is still my constant companion 
    Rants/Raves: Work will likely be a bit slower this week so I’m hoping to sneak in some daytime naps :)
    Questions:
    GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just eats, but since having my oldest I can’t wear earrings anymore. Anything in my ears really hurts.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8&3 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 2x2 LEGO block 
    Upcoming appointments: End of the month 
    How are you feeling?: Still really sick and nauseas but zofran is helping some.
    Rants/Raves: I am feeling so uncomfortable in my body I had lost 15 lbs more than my current weight this past fall and wanted to lose more before I got pregnant but I ended up gaining 20 after I went of BC and just feel so self conscious and weight conscious. 
    Questions: 
    GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? 2 lobe piercings in each ear. I love tattoos but I can’t do needles like that. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @HappyFeet34 hope your ultrasound goes well tomorrow! So sorry about the virus and hope it turns out to be just fine and a nonissue with baby and you. How are you holding up knowing all of this? No experience with the rash just psoriasis here. I also had pupps with my first and man did that suck! 

@amm126 so sorry about the daycare sitch that sounds so stressful! 

@aels12 any foods in particular helping your nausea? 

@marynog I wish we were doing the harmony test but DH doesn’t think we should due to the cost and we have no history. I’m hoping we will still do the N/T scan that we did with our other kiddos because I just want the reassurance that everything is looking okay so far. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @HappyFeet34 Ugh sorry about the diagnosis and I hope the u/s goes well!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 9 weeks 3 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Ovia says the external ears are developing.
    Upcoming appointments: 6/23, first official appt with OB/GYN
    How are you feeling?: Okay, I've been getting mild headaches but they're manageable. I'm prone to headaches at certain times in my cycle and always imagined/hoped pregnancy hormones would be what gave me a break from them since it's a break from my cycle....but nope. 
    Rants/Raves: I got panicky/proactive about childcare over the weekend and contacted two places about getting on a waiting list. Our city/state is apparently known as a "childcare desert" but hopefully getting a jump start will help everything work out! 
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just my ears plus a second hole in one that I think is closed now. I've wanted a small tattoo on my wrist for a while but have yet to go through with it. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 9+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eastern tailed blue butterfly

Upcoming appointments: Next appointment with the OB on the 29th

How are you feeling?: So so tired

Rants/Raves: We finally got notice that daycare will open in phases.  Very limited capacity June 30th and July 30th then for everyone September 1st.  I'm really hoping we get back in by at least July 30th.  I seriously can't do this 3 more months.

Questions: None

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just ears
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    6 +2
    FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+ 

Green

a lentil

Upcoming appointments:
    1st appointment is 6/23

How are you feeling?:
    Grouchy, exhausted and I have a headache that won’t go away, nervous that something will be wrong at the 1st appointment 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: this HEADACHE!  😩

Questions:
    nope

I have quite a few ear piercings, and I used to have my belly button pierced, but I am WAY too fickle to ever have a tattoo. 

@happyfeet34 I have never heard of that before. I hope everything goes smoothly and silver lining that you’ll get to see the baby more often?
  • Options
    hp242hp242 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7W3D / Jan 24

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: M&M

Upcoming appointments: Phone call appointment tomorrow following ultrasound yesterday.

How are you feeling?:  So tired and a little nauseous today.  Was up at 5:30 for no reason, today is going to drag on.

Rants/Raves:  One of my managers keeps saying we are going to be back in the office any time now, while the company as a whole has taken a stance that we won't be back until restrictions have eased significantly in the area.  We're just starting to see places open up in the province, but the city I work in is staying where it is until we see cases drop more.  I just wish he would stop talking about us going in any time now when there is no reason we should go back in too early.  I'm also able to completely work from home with no impact to my job so why the rush? Ugh.

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings?  Single earlobe piercings, no tattoos.

@HappyFeet34 have you had the ultrasound?  how was it?
    @aels12 in with you on the eating constantly I've noticed when I don't I get SO hungry out of nowhere.
    @whitealbum29 good call on the daycare calls, I've heard finding spots can be super tough.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2021/ 7w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Going to find out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: July 2nd- first midwife appointment 

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty rough... on and off nausea all day... intense exhaustion sets in around 3pm until bedtime. Lots of food aversions to meat. I can hardly even talk about it right now. Lol

Rants/Raves: I’ve decided to just embrace my blump (bloat bump). Even though I know it’s too early to be showing I can’t keep trying to suck in my stomach or hold it in with high wasted pants etc. If I do that I get a crazy stomach ache/ gas issues. Just letting it hang out now and trying to wear dresses more. Good bye pants! Haha

Questions: N/A

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? I used to have several piercings, just ears now... one small tattoo of an abstract puzzle piece on the inside of my ankle. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 28 6w5d
    FTM/STM/STM+: Number 5 for us
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Probably finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Ladybug
    Upcoming appointments: July 1
    How are you feeling?: Pretty nauseous and exhausted
    Rants/Raves: I hate all food, even the smell when I open my fridge makes want to puke. But if I don’t eat I get even more nauseous. 
    Rave: I have found Canada Dry Gingerale BOLD is tasty and helps with nausea. 
    Questions: none
    GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Two lobe piercings in my ears, but I only use one. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Options
    krisspy22krisspy22 member
    edited June 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7 weeks

Upcoming appointments: I had a virtual OB appt today, and go in for the dating US next Wednesday. 

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good, tired, and feeling some nausea which I never had with DS, so that’s new and not fun. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: For STMs, how long did everyone wait to tell their LOs about a new baby? DH and I are still figuring it out. 

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? I have 4 tattoos and a couple piercings. Most of my tattoos are hidden, the biggest exception being a soccer ball on my foot, and I have a white ink tattoo on my wrist. 
  • Options
    @krisspy22 we told our girls at around 3.5 months after all of our NIPT came back alright. 
  • Options
    @stillcozy we’re definitely the kind of people that need to know as much as possible. I have a genetic predisposition (though no confirmed family history) to a ton of things, so we want as much information as we can get early on. 
    I hope you’re able to get the NT ultrasound! At our facility the ultrasound is done at the hospital, so there’s a strong desire to limit contact. I’m not sure whether more of the cost will be covered since we didn’t technically chose to do it, it was the only option given to us during the pandemic. Hopefully we won’t have a large bill coming our way! 
  • Options
    @whitealbum29 I made my childcare shortlist this weekend, too ;) I have a feeling that lots of places will unfortunately close as a result of the pandemic and childcare will be even more competitive than usual.  
  • Options
    @MaryNog Ugh yes! I'm hoping I can work out some kind of flexible/WFH schedule with work since it's now clear that we can all 100% work from home, so that we might not have to do all 5 days. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w3d. 1/30
    FTM/STM/STM+: stm 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: I want to be green, husband wants to find out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A pea
    Upcoming appointments: 6/15 for my first appointment/ultrasound 
    How are you feeling?: Exhausted 
    Rants/Raves: Just got a haircut!! It ended up being way shorter than I had planned but I kind of love it 
    Questions:
    GTKY: Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just my ears, I had my tongue and belly button pierced but have let them close. No tattoos for me 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 9 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: This will make me a STM (am I supposed to answer this as I am currently or what I'll be in January? I realize I may be totally overthinking this).

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A cherry. Facial features are apparently forming.

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday I have a telemed appointment with MFM because I'm a high-risk pregnancy (over 35).

How are you feeling?: Fine. Getting used to the tiredness, and "resting my eyes" on slow work days while my toddler naps helps.

Rants/Raves: Daycare opens on Monday!!

Questions:

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? My ears are pierced.
  • Options
    aels12aels12 member
    @krisspy22 we told our toddler with our last one after the first tri but he was only 18 months then so didn’t really get it. This time we planned to tell them after we get the NIPT results back but my now 3 year old started randomly coming up to me a few days ago pointing at my belly and telling me there’s a baby in there. Sooo I guess he already knows. Seriously, do kids somehow know? It’s so weird, we haven’t said anything and I don’t have an obvious bump or anything. 
  • Options
    @aels12 our 3-year old is in a big “I/you have a baby in my/your belly.” She doesn’t know about this pregnancy, though, I think she just sees it a lot in books and is really fascinated by babies. We won’t tell her for a while, maybe after we get the NIPT results back. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Due 1/3. 10+3

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM +

We plan on finding out at AS. Though I will still go ahead with the NIPT. But tell them I dont want the gender revealed yet

Today LO is the size of a brussel sprout. 

Upcoming appointments: July 24th. Hoping for an ultrasound and bloodwork

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling like an impregnated fat cow. Early I know,  but already plus sized before LO

Rants/Raves: pregnancy is not a disability yet at work everyone keeps telling me you shouldn't do this and you shouldn't do that. Like come on people. I know what I'm capable of and I know my limits. 

Questions: Are any PGAL women still checking the toilet paper for bleeding. 

My ears are pierced but probably have to be repoked to wear an ear ring. Also I have a large tattoo in memory of my mother on my left calf. 
  • Options
    hp242hp242 member
    @AshleyGemini24 I am constantly checking for bleeding!  To the point where in the middle of the night sometimes I'll turn on the light to check and then not fall asleep forever because I woke my eyes up so much.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20, 8 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We will be finding out because my husband can’t handle team green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a raspberry! 
    Upcoming appointments: Tuesday is my first official appointment 

How are you feeling?: I’m anxious. I’ve already had like 4 ultrasounds, our last one showed an on track baby with a heartbeat. But I’m still spotting and passed some clots last week, so I’m nervous about seeing the heartbeat again on Tuesday. 

Rants/Raves: I am so sick this time. I was massively sick with DD and felt great with DS, but I had to drag a 4 year old and a 12 month old into a public bathroom with me to puke yesterday. Ugh. 

Questions: None this week 

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? I have my ears and nose pierced and 5 tattoos. 
  • Options
    @krisspy22 With our second, we told our oldest around 8 weeks? I wanted to wait longer but DH blurted it out. I hated telling her that early because it made the wait seem like FOREVER. She basically asked every single day if the baby was ready to come out yet. This time we’re going to wait longer. I’ll probably tell her as close to 20 weeks as I can get without her figuring it out. She is almost 5, so once I start showing she will start asking. DS is only 12 months so he has no idea wtf is going on. 
  • Options
    @AshleyGemini24 yes!  I am doing the exact same thing as @hp242.  🤦‍♀️

@carleym93 I hope your nausea lets up soon - that is the worst feeling, and the puking is definitely no fun. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/11, 9w2d
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cherry
    Upcoming appointments: 6/23
    How are you feeling?: All. The. Nausea. And too tired to do anything.
    Rants/Raves: We just got back from a long weekend with my parents and I already miss having four adults to share the parenting responsibilities with. DS starts his day camp next week, so I only have to get through today and tomorrow. It's been raining every day, so we've been watching a lot of TV because I don't have the energy/motivation to do anything else.
    Questions: n/a
    GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? No tattoos, 2 piercings in each ear. 

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM + (this will be #4)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pretty sure team green for the first time

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: no clue. Something small but my belly has popped out and I look ridiculously pregs for 11 weeks

Upcoming appointments: need to schedule one with my new doc..

How are you feeling?: Nausea is finally starting to get better so starting to feel human!

Rants/Raves: I've been MIA due to moving. We made it to our destination and the kids and I are living with in-laws until our stuff gets here and the house gets painted. Probably 2 more weeks or so. And I love my in-laws but it is toughhh not having my own space. Plus a million and one things to do with the house!

Questions:

GTKY: (stolen from 12/20 board) Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Nope. Used to have my ears pierced but never wore earrings so they closed. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w6d
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth time mom
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We we’re going to be team green for the fourth time, but DH told me the other day he’d reeeeeeeeally like to find out in advance this time so we will! I got my way three times already so whatever.
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a prune. Ewwwwww.
    Upcoming appointments: Initial consult with my midwife this coming week.
    How are you feeling?: So. Damn. Tired.
    Rants/Raves: We should be closing on our new house in two weeks so we’ll be moving in about 5 weeks. I’m so excited!
    Questions: Nope
    Ears each pierced twice, used to have my belly button pierced, large tattoo of a mermaid covers my right foot.