Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What is your favorite book?

Re: Week 3 (11/15-11/21) Check-in w/o 6/8/20

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD):
    • Ok, now that my section is scheduled I don't know where to post my official "due date" is 11/15, but baby girl will be here via scheduled c-section on 11/10. So I may bounce if that's o

Week of pregnancy: 
    • Week 17 (+1 day). 

Baby is the size of:
    • Baby girl is the size of: a slice of cake, a baby hedgehog, a pomegranate, a turnip or large onion, Clark Kent's glasses, and/or a pop tart. 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    • July 3rd is my next appointment.

Rant/Rave: 
    • I'm a little annoyed with my doctor regarding the morning sickness and my weight loss/gain. I've been very vocal about how horrible my morning sickness was, she prescribed me several different medications to try and assist and ultimately diagnosed me with HG. I've lost quite a lot of weight in the first 16 weeks and have finally gained 2 pounds back (which, I'm happy with as a start). But she fussed me at my last appointment (ok, not really fussed just voiced concern, but I'm sensitive OK!?) like she had no idea how sick I've been and like I'm intentionally trying to diet / lose weight. And I felt very frustrated when I left my last appointment. But I guess whatever? 

GTKY: What is your favorite book?
    • I just finished White Fragility, omg so eye opening, so good. 10/10 highly recommend for everyone!! I have a long list of books to read and I've been picking a few up to read over maternity leave. I don't know that I have a favorite, I love reading. Currently working on, Untamed.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 wow, that’s really uncool of your doctor! I hope she lays off going forward. If she were legitimately concerned she should take more time to try and get to know you and assess your mental state but from seeing your posts here, it’s pretty clear that you’re doing your best to eat what you can and avoid throwing up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited June 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/19/20

Week of pregnancy: 16w5d

Baby is the size of: a can of soda

Upcoming Appointments: July 2nd for anatomy scan! 

Rant/Rave: My mom and dad are driving down from New York to stay for about 11 days so I’m rushing around to get my house ready for guests! It will be nice to have them since we haven’t seen them since last July! But they also always exhaust me. Lol.  

GTKY: What is your favorite book? Probably Enders Game but it’s definitely hard to pick just one. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/18

Week of pregnancy: tomorrow is 17

Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: 23rd for anatomy scan

Rant/Rave: hmm...life has been pretty tame, so none here.

GTKY: What is your favorite book? Too many to list. I'm a sci-fi fantasy fan.

@Ecat504 I'm sorry your OB is being like that! I lost 10lb with my first and 6 with my second before gaining it all back. My OB never batted an eye. She said it's quite common to lose or maintain your weight until about 16 weeks. The level of concern would depend on the weight you started at.
    I'm 17 weeks tomorrow with #3 and the scale still hasn't budged, but I'm heavier than I've ever been too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/17

Week of pregnancy: 17

Baby is the size of: Pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: Fetal echocardiogram 6/17 and anatomy scan 6/23

Rant/Rave: None this week

GTKY: What is your favorite book? That’s a hard one! Maybe the Outlander series?? I’m an avid reader and read a bit of everything. I really love sci-fi/fantasy too!

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/17

Week of pregnancy: 17 today?!!?! I feel like I just missed week 16. How are we already at 17?!

Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/29 ultrasound 

Rant/Rave: we’re now on month #3 with my in-laws...

GTKY: What is your favorite book? Oh I’m not good at picking favorites. But I am currently finishing the third book in the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling) and have really enjoyed them!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD):11/18 although my latest lab work now has me at 11/14! 

Week of pregnancy: 17 Tomorrow

Baby is the size of: Taco at 16w6d

Upcoming Appointments: 3hr glucose tolerance test tomorrow (not really an appointment) and my OB appointment/anatomy scan June 29th.

Rant/Rave: It would take too long to type out. 🤦‍♀️ Family stupid drama. 

GTKY: I'm not a reading kind of person. 
  • Options
    @doublestroller I LOVE the Cormoran Strike series! I haven’t read the most recent book yet though. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/18

Week of pregnancy: 17☺️

Baby is the size of: a potato 

Upcoming Appointments: June 22 for AS, and July 10 with OB. 

Rant/Rave: Nothing that I can think of.

GTKY: What is your favorite book? The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison❤️
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @BabyL52716 Hope your test went well today!!

@crystalmir91385 Our AS is on the same day! I can’t wait!!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 how exciting! I still haven't decided if/when I want to know. Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Adding a rant- Found out yesterday that the genetic testing I had done does not show the gender .😭 I am so angry about this and had no idea that there were women that didn't. 
    Plus side- Results all showed baby is healthy and there are no genetic disorders detected! 
  • Options
    bserenabserena member
    edited June 2020
    @Babyl52716 yay for the good results! But that is odd, I thought they all showed the sex. Do you know what the name of the test was?
  • Options
    @bserena
    I had the sequential screen. So I had a. Ultrasound & and a 1st and 2nd draw of blood work that showed probability of
    Down syndrome
    Trisomy 18
    & nural tube defects

But I read that they can detect gender through this screening. Ho hum

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/20

Week of pregnancy: 17 weeks

Baby is the size of: pomegranate??? I think? I looked last night, I should remember.

Upcoming Appointments: 20 week ultrasound on 07/09. 

Rant/Rave: what is even time?? How am I 17 weeks pregnant??? 

That said, I found out my office is going to have a rotation of in-person staff coming fall, and my parental leave was approved (I think? Pretty sure my boss said he got it), so that's all going smoothly. No idea when I'm gonna tell our students I'm pregnant. It just hasn't come up organically what with us all WFH, and I always feel weird when I'm like. I'll tell X while we're chatting! So. I joked to my J18 friends that they'll find our when I drop a baby in November and then disappear. 🤣

GTKY: What is your favorite book? I am particularly fond of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."