February 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/7

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/7

• @cmoon3 & @szwill86 hooray for great numbers!
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    Congrats @szwill86 So glad to hear you got such good news! It's such a relief to get a good phone call. 
  • Loading the player...
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    I know it's a little early but I'm kind of surprised at how quiet this board is.   On the plus side, maybe we'll get a chance to know each other a little better.
  • @cmoon3 I haven’t been on here in over 3 years but I remember my board was super busy at first too! But also there was a lot more drama so maybe this is better 😆. 
  • @cmoon3 I was thinking the same thing! But I haven't been on here in a while, so I thought maybe this was the norm now
    Me: 34 DH: 30
    BFP #6: 8/21/21 FX for a sticky baby!

BFP #5: 6/15/21 CP 6/21/21
    BFP #4: 2/14/21 CP 2/17/20
    BFP #3: 6/4/20 MC Blighted Ovum D&C 7/9/20
    BFP #2: 6/12/14 DD Born via CS: 2/12/15 
    BFP #1: 5/8/11 DD Born via CS: 1/18/12                                                      

• @cmoon3 Same thinking. But it’s also still early for February babies- most of us are due in the first 15 days. Hopefully as the month goes on more people will be POAS and joining us!
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    birdiejo  Oh yes, the drama!  I remember with my first board a 1st time mama freaked out because a droplet of boiling hot water splashed onto her belly and she was worried about the baby.  :|
  • cmoon3 said:
    I know it's a little early but I'm kind of surprised at how quiet this board is.   On the plus side, maybe we'll get a chance to know each other a little better.
    Any chance fewer people are getting pregnant because of Covid and everything? I know I paused and thought, hmmm, is this a great time? But I'm already a "geriatric pregnancy," so I wasn't about to put having a baby on hold for an indefinite amount of time....
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• @adorebel geriatric pregnancy had me  :D  :D
  • My semi-random thing this week is that I’ve always been a super picky eater. I joke that I eat like a 5 year old and it’s honestly not that far off. Very few fruits and vegetables in my diet, generally speaking. I’m so nervous about that now so I’m making an effort to eat the ones that ARE already in my rotation and find new recipes to sneak others in. But man... it is hard!

ps, another random thought, but @WildMagelet, any chance your username is a reference to Tamora Pierce’s books?
  • I don’t know where to put this so I’m just posting it here. Had my ultrasound today. It was at an imaging center instead of the MFM since it’s so early. The good news is that the technician saw a sack and it was in the right place (not ectopic like we were worried). The questionable news is that she said she “just” saw a sack and that maybe it was too early to see anything else. I’m not sure if she was implying she expected to see more at 5w5d or if she was trying to assuage any worry that there was no heartbeat yet because it may, in fact, just be too early. (Although I couldn’t see the screen so I had no idea what she saw) Her tone of voice wasn’t super cheerful so of course my PGAL brain is thinking something is wrong. Hopefully my OB will call tonight or tomorrow and not wait until Monday. I’ll ask her for more info since she’ll have the full report. Why is pregnancy so much waiting?!
  • @moguippy I hope you get good news! I am pretty sure 5 weeks 5 days is still early to see much! US techs are so hit or miss with bedside manner. 

• vizsladogmomvizsladogmom member
    edited June 2020
    @moguippy FX she was “just” trying to assuage worry! Maybe she was having an off day. I hope your OB calls you soon!

ETA: I meant an “off day” in terms of her lack of an upbeat attitude
  • szwill86szwill86 member
    edited June 2020
    @moguippy FX for positive news and a call sooner rather than later! Hopefully you’ll just have to go back in a week- I think you can’t see more on an US until 6-7 weeks.
  • @moguippy FX you hear good news from the Dr soon. 
  • @moguippy FX for good news and hearing it soon!!! The waiting is horrendous.
  • @moguippy hope you get good news! Waiting stinks. 
    I had bloodwork done today to check levels, OB said she would email tonight or first thing tomorrow.  She did say I "felt pregnant" during exam so that gave me some relief. 
  • I’m trying to think of a GTKY post to do but I’m feeling very uninspired. Anyone got any ideas?
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @moguippy  I had the same thing with DS2. I was sent to the high risk OB, and it was just too early to see anything. I went back a week or two later and saw a great heartbeat!
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    birdiejo said:
    I’m trying to think of a GTKY post to do but I’m feeling very uninspired. Anyone got any ideas?
    Favorite vacation spot
    If you could pick baby's bday in Feb, what would it be and why
    Favorite music genre
    Girl crush
    Favorite actor
    Favorite movie
    Dream job
    Best/most annoying thing about your partner
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    My semi-random thing this week is that I’ve always been a super picky eater. I joke that I eat like a 5 year old and it’s honestly not that far off. Very few fruits and vegetables in my diet, generally speaking. I’m so nervous about that now so I’m making an effort to eat the ones that ARE already in my rotation and find new recipes to sneak others in. But man... it is hard!

ps, another random thought, but @WildMagelet, any chance your username is a reference to Tamora Pierce’s books?
    It's really easy to sneak veggies into an egg scramble or a salad. Or just cover it with cheese.   :p
  • it’s already pretty late so it looks like the OB won’t be calling tonight. She doesn’t have office hours tomorrow but hopefully she’ll call. Thanks for all the good vibes everyone!  I’m supposed to go to the MFM dr for a dating ultrasound around 7/8 weeks so that will probably be my next one. 

@vizsladogmom I’m also a pretty picky eater. If you like smoothies, I throw a bunch of frozen fruit in the blender with some milk or yogurt. You can sneak in some spinach without tasting it. 
  • I agree that it seems pretty quiet so far. With my son the board was super active but eventually they all went to Facebook which bums me because I’m one of those unique millennials that hates Facebook hahaha

i am a picky eater too and this nausea does not help! Nothing sounds good right now :(
  • @babymamadino we went to Facebook but we mostly just utilize the fb chat so we have an ongoing conversation happening. 
  • I agree about the board being quiet! I was chomping at the bit when I got my BFP waiting for someone to start something. 😂 My last board was really active early too. And we didn’t move to fb until 3rd tri. But I have to say I was excited to see all the new threads when I got on here tonight!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @moguippy FX for good news tomorrow! 
    Me: 34 DH: 30
    BFP #6: 8/21/21 FX for a sticky baby!

BFP #5: 6/15/21 CP 6/21/21
    BFP #4: 2/14/21 CP 2/17/20
    BFP #3: 6/4/20 MC Blighted Ovum D&C 7/9/20
    BFP #2: 6/12/14 DD Born via CS: 2/12/15 
    BFP #1: 5/8/11 DD Born via CS: 1/18/12                                                      

• We got 8 baby chicks back in April and 6 of the 8 were supposedly sexed. We can’t really have a rooster because we live in a neighborhood. There has been one that we’ve presumed was a dude since the beginning just merely based on personality. We originally named it Bertha but we’ve since confirmed he’s a Bert. Bert woke me up at 5:20 AM crowing this morning. Bert has to go! 
  • Thanks @cmoon3 and @moguippy! The smoothies are a good idea and an egg scramble may work a little! @babymamadimo hope your nausea subsides! I know that picky eating life can be annoyingly restrictive as it is
  • adorebeladorebel member
    edited June 2020
    moguippy said:
    I don’t know where to put this so I’m just posting it here. Had my ultrasound today. It was at an imaging center instead of the MFM since it’s so early. The good news is that the technician saw a sack and it was in the right place (not ectopic like we were worried). The questionable news is that she said she “just” saw a sack and that maybe it was too early to see anything else. I’m not sure if she was implying she expected to see more at 5w5d or if she was trying to assuage any worry that there was no heartbeat yet because it may, in fact, just be too early. (Although I couldn’t see the screen so I had no idea what she saw) Her tone of voice wasn’t super cheerful so of course my PGAL brain is thinking something is wrong. Hopefully my OB will call tonight or tomorrow and not wait until Monday. I’ll ask her for more info since she’ll have the full report. Why is pregnancy so much waiting?!
    I had the exact same thing happen on almost the exact same day (5w4d). It was very unclear if she meant that it was likely too early to see anything but a sac, or if that was reason for concern... My PGAL brain also went crazy! But the nausea and crappy sleep hit this week, so I'm taking comfort in that. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• When does everyone have their first appointment/ultrasound? My first appt isn’t I til July 7th and I’ll be 9+6. Due to my recent mmc i do have an ultrasound next Tuesday. I’ll be 6+6 so fx for a healthy little gummy bear! I hate that my office doesn’t see us until 10-12 weeks and you usually just get a 20 week us and that’s it.
  • @vizsladogmom I love to sneak veggies into pasta dishes! Especially carrots, mushrooms and spinach. If you chop them up small, you can’t really taste them and the normal texture of the dish isn’t messed up.

We’ve got a mama moose and her couple weeks old baby hanging around in our yard this week. The little one is so cute!
  • *TW MC mentioned*

I have been crampy so much this time around and now I am spotting but it's brown. We went to a protest yesterday and ended up walking like 4 miles so I'm hoping it's just from over doing it. I've had 3 early losses though so now I'm freaking out.  

• @nbcarlson hopefully it’s just from overdoing it and it stops!  I was super crampy yesterday evening. I can’t remember how much cramping I had with my first two but according to the fb groups I joined, plenty are in the same boat. 
  • @nbcarlson hopefully it’s just some old blood. My ob told me that brown spotting usually isn’t a sign of miscarriage since it’s old blood if it’s brown. FX that’s the case for you, too!
  • @nbcarlson FX that, as the others said, it’s just some old blood! ❤️ 
  • @nbcarlson FX that it’s just old blood and from overdoing it with the walking!
  • @nbcarlson FX for you!  Hope you were just overdoing it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @nbcarlson Sending good vibes. Hope it was just all that walking!
  • Two things-
    1.I just called my OB office and managed to snag an appointment for July 8th instead of the 24th. I'm SO glad I don't have to wait until almost 12 weeks to be seen. Wahoo!!

2. Can someone tell me how to edit my signature? I made this account a super long time ago and it's not accurate anymore but I can't figure out how to erase it. TIA.

2 MC 2014/2015
    Baby #1 born 2/27/2016
    Baby #2 born 3/25/2018
    BFP 06/03/2020, EDD 02/10/2021

Anniversary
  • Thank you everyone! It seems to have stopped so I'm calming down a bit. The rational part of me knows things are likely fine, but my PGAL brain will never be rational haha.