3rd Trimester
Options

3rd Trimester Woes - Send Help

You guys. I am miserable. I need someone to pat me on the head and give me a nice "there there, quit your whining." I just hit my 3rd trimester on Monday and it is literally crushing my very soul. I am exhausted. I am nauseous (like 1st trimester nauseous. Whyyyyy??) I am sore. I am hot. My feet hurt. My head hurts. I have all of the hemorrhoids. You don't have any? Great news for you. I have them. They're over here. With me. I am starving all of the time. And then I eat 3 bites of food and I'm stuffed. And then 20 minutes later I'm starving again.  I pee so many times during the day. I am 3 days into the 3rd and I feel like I got hit by a truck. I don't remember it being this way with my first baby. Oh yeah, I also have a 2 year old. His new favorite word is "AMUCK" if that tells you anything about his little personality. Please send virtual help. My only contact with other adults is my husband. Mr. You Should Go For A Walk Over Lunch When I Go For My Run himself. It's 95 degrees outside Bub, watch your mouth. And put your flat toned stomach away. Nobody wants to see that crap. 

Re: 3rd Trimester Woes - Send Help

• Options
    You guys. I am miserable. I need someone to pat me on the head and give me a nice "there there, quit your whining." I just hit my 3rd trimester on Monday and it is literally crushing my very soul. I am exhausted. I am nauseous (like 1st trimester nauseous. Whyyyyy??) I am sore. I am hot. My feet hurt. My head hurts. I have all of the hemorrhoids. You don't have any? Great news for you. I have them. They're over here. With me. I am starving all of the time. And then I eat 3 bites of food and I'm stuffed. And then 20 minutes later I'm starving again.  I pee so many times during the day. I am 3 days into the 3rd and I feel like I got hit by a truck. I don't remember it being this way with my first baby. Oh yeah, I also have a 2 year old. His new favorite word is "AMUCK" if that tells you anything about his little personality. Please send virtual help. My only contact with other adults is my husband. Mr. You Should Go For A Walk Over Lunch When I Go For My Run himself. It's 95 degrees outside Bub, watch your mouth. And put your flat toned stomach away. Nobody wants to see that crap. 
    If urinating is too frequent, get tested for UTI.  You are not the only one. Unfortunately all you can do is suck it up, push through the day, get what rest you can get.  You don't have any friends or family that you can at least text or call? Please, don't be jealous of your husband,and his stomach- he is not growing a baby, you are.  Have some time where your husband deals with your little one and take time for yourself, relax, read by yourself, watch a movie of your choice without interruption eating your choice of snack.....take some individual time for you - let husband take care of the 2 year old for a few hours.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    You can do this! Stick your feet in an ice bath to help with the heat and soreness. Eat throughout the day if that's what works for you. While I do highly encourage walks, maybe you can do them in the evening or early in the morning before the heat sets in? (I know it sucks while you're doing it, but for me, i feel much better after a walk).

I can't imagine having a toddler and being pregnant, so I agree with harpseal135 - see if the hubby can do some 1:1 time with the 2 year old and give you a break. You deserve it! You are growing another human! You are strong! You've already done this once, you can do it again! No matter what symptoms are thrown at you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    3rd trimester hit me hard, too - it felt like 1st trimester all over again! But your body will adjust and you'll feel better soon! One day at a time!
  • Options
    3rd tri with my twins was absolute hell. Gestational diabetes, insatiable thirst I could never quench, hungry all the time, peeing all the time, sleeping for just 15-20 minutes at a time, restless legs, deep fatigue, inability to focus, could only walk for 10 minutes at a time, size of a hippo... and the weight of them, it was unbearable. They were over 6 pounds each at birth. Every day of 3rd tri was miserable.
    BUT... it ended before I knew it, believe it or not :) and I felt amazing afterwards. Even with a c section recovery. Raising twin infants was much, much easier than being pregnant with twins. Now they're toddlers and doing great (though that certainly comes with its own challenges). Hang in there! It's all worth it when you get to meet your baby for the first time. And try to enjoy those baby days, they truly do end in the blink of an eye.