August 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms June 01

Share anything here so we can discuss! 

Re: Weekly Randoms June 01

• Loading the player...
  • @fitandnerdy I tried the pillow over my head too but it wasn’t cutting it. Heck, I even tried putting a pillow over mh head lol 😂 the earplugs have been a lifesaver. I just use one in one ear, as I’m usually on my side so I keep the one I’m laying on open. 
  • @charhar0820 I can’t imagine trying to fall asleep with a pillow over my head, hahaha. I guess I’m lucky my husband only snores when he’s on his back, I just poke him and tell him to roll over and he doesn’t even remember it in the morning. 😆
  • @viola_mama I've discovered if my husband is snoring if I can get him to reposition, or cool him down (sometimes it happens when he's overheating himself) that I can get the snoring to stop mostly.  One night while he was asleep I told him I'd give him a dollar if he stopped snoring and that worked for some reason.  Another night I poked him and asked him to roll over because he was snoring and he swore to me he wasn't asleep, and he wasn't snoring because he wasn't asleep. He never remembers any of it happening. He was deff asleep though. I swear I don't remember him snoring when we were young and in our 20s... I miss those sleeps lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @RedBaramid That’s hilarious, a whole dollar haha! 😂 
  • Haha I was the same with my husband's lunch. I made it all the time before my DD was born and now I never do. 
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Idk where the ask a STM thread went, but the board is pretty slow so hopefully this is okay here. What are the best tests for amniotic fluid testing? I went in at 36 weeks last pregnancy and I already feel leaking (I'm 99.9% sure it's pee). I'd like to be able to periodically check myself for a small leak if anyone knows a reliable, sensitive test. 
  • @wife-and-mommy You need a fibronectin test. It's a cotton swap for your vagina. Your dr or hospital should be able to do it for you. 
  • Is the group fixed for everyone else? 

It’s still not letting me in. 
  • @tyrion_ it’s still not fixed :-/ 
  • @tyrion_ YGPM  <3
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • I was able to respond to a few of the messages but then got flagged as a spammer 😂 

I swear this app is really trying its hardest to get rid of me! 
  • I still can't, either @tyrion_ 🤷
  • @BusinessWife YGPM  <3 
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @BusinessWife I got a DSLR about two years ago. And while I don't use it that much, the times I use it, makes such difference. It is something on the top of my list for my hospital bag. Can't wait to use it more when the little one is going to be here. 
  • Oh! @RedBaramid hang in there! Lol So, so true.  You can't even be mad at it! sounds like at least DD pulled herself together enough for the both of you 😊. and I'm right there with you for sure, when pulling yourself together means putting on black yoga pants and a black tank top, or today (not that I've showered yet), but I've got solid Navy maternity pants and a blue tank top on, feeling not like a total slob! Lmao solidarity.

<div>@strawberryfields82 oh! How nice! Have we discussed this yet before? What kind do you have?</div>
  • @RedBaramid I feel that. I put on a comfy bra today, so there's that. That is the extent of my put togetherness. 
  • @samsonator hope you pass this time! Fx
  • GL @samsonator !!!  How soon will you hear back?

@cornichonmam ugh, people are so dumb. And I think they also just love multiples lol ((((hugs)))))
  • @BusinessWife I don't think I have mentioned it yet. I am super far away from being a pro but it already makes the world of a difference knowing when to use what settings. I have a Nikon D3300 I believe. 

@riatortillaxo I can relate to that. My husband came home this afternoon and apparently I looked completely wild with my hair all over the place after taking a nap and my shirt with tomato sauce stains. 🤣🤣🤣
  • @BusinessWife that is so sad! It sounds like a rough day. I'm sorry  <3 
  • @BusinessWife oh no 😢💔😭
  • @BusinessWife oh no :( so sad. I would have cried. 
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • @BusinessWife Oh no, I hate to see animals suffer. I can relate and it would have weighed heavy on my heart as well. Awesome for calling around for a rescue! 

Well, most of them. I would probably have a celebration dance seeing a dead snake at the side of the road. They are the stuff my nightmares are made out of. 
  • @BusinessWife oh, that is sad. Poor little thing. 
  • @BusinessWife Aww that totally breaks.my heart 😭
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!