August 2020 Moms
Options

Planned Cesarean

Is anyone anticipating a planned cesarean? This will be my 3rd delivery. My first were born vaginally and my second had a shoulder dystocia complication. I’m thinking about just opting for a cesarean to eliminate the worry of a repeat shoulder dystocia. 

Re: Planned Cesarean

• Options
    This will be my third delivery as well with a planned C-section. Both of my boys were born via C-section. I tried to deliver naturally with both but my body just wasn't having it. I am scheduled for 7/27 - first planned C-section so I don't really know yet what to expect the day of.
  • Options
    We are moving forward with a planned cesarean. I'd wanted to try for a VBAC at first because a lot happened with my first pregnancy that was out of my control and may not happen again this time. They ran my percentages and I scored at 65%, the cut off is 70% so technically according to my practice I meet criteria for attempting a VBAC. If for some reason I go into labor and am progressing in a healthy way before my cesarean (which will be booked for sometime during my 39th week assuming I continue to stay healthy here) but not too early, they are comfortable with me attempting to go naturally... I am NOT wanting to go naturally though. At this point we've decided that I am going to get my tubes removed during my section because we are done having children after this one. If labor somehow sneaks up on me and I go normally and naturally I'll have to get my tubal ligation at a later time. No thanks. One recovery for me please. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having a cesarean scheduled because I've had two c-sections already and my doctor will not allow me to try. Even my emergency c- section recovery wasn't terrible. Not being able to take care of other kids if you have them or feeling pressured to lift too much too soon is my biggest stressor. My last c-section was at 41 weeks bc I was hoping for a VBAC and I'm happy I won't have to wait that long this time. 
  • Options
    @Mommy2Boys87 I am also scheduled for a RCS on 7/27!

DD was planned as she was breech. They gave me an epidural and tried a version. The plan was if she flipped, they'd induce me and if the version didn't work I would have a CS. I've heard after the first CS the recovery gets easier but I had a really hard time with my first. I thought about doing a VBAC this time but things just didn't work out for me.
  • Options
    I can't wait to get established at my new doctor to find out when my c-section is going to be!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers