Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 6.1

keikilovekeikilove member
edited June 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Repeat from the weekend due to minimal TB traffic: Top 3 things on your bucket list? 

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 6.1

• @keikilove I'm taking the liberty to move your question from last week's post over here :) I was on BCP for 10 days from 1/18 until 1/27, then started stims on 1/30. I stimmed for 11 days, and triggered on 2/10. My RE told me in our post-ER discussion that I was right in the mid-range of medication, response, and stimulation. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I guess I just feel numb to all the TTC stress right now and it's not even phasing me anymore, at this moment in time anyway. Or maybe I'm really finally learning that I can't control this aspect of my life? Who knows! I hope you can find somethings this week to be happy about <3 Also, Iceland is def. on my bucket list of places to visit! I want to see those northern lights so badly!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @emeraldduchess yes I totally get what you mean. It's that weird "off" feeling where you just don't know what has you feeling blah. I think it mostly had to do with the fact that there's not a whole lot of positive stuff going around. And maybe it's the body feeling out of sorts because it's not fully adjusted to the new normal.

@pom9207 hope you get good news soon!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @mvt2003 So many hugs to you, MVT. I’m sorry it’s such a rough time right now. It’s especially tough when YH has stress too. Maybe you guys can take a daily walk together to talk through the stuff that’s going on? It may not change the cause of the stresses, but might provide some relief just to express it openly. Hang in there—you do have the FET to look forward to, so that’s one bright shining light! ☀️🌈 

@gingermama29 So good to hear that you’re finally starting to feel better! I 100% support your bucket list. To be debt free is an excellent goal we are working towards as well! 

@kpearse99 I really hope you can confirm O too. And ditto to your Homegoods being on your bucket list! 😄

@inthewoods23 I’m sorry for the funky moods lately. Being that you’re a HSP, maybe your sensitivity is just picking up on all the stress & unrest in the world, whether you want to consciously take it on or not? Some of my acquaintances who call themselves Empaths are really struggling right now. Hopefully all of this will lead to positive changes & a better world overall.💓🤞🏽 I’m sorry that your milestone came and went, but also glad for you that it wasn’t an overly depressing day for you. 

@misshelen86 So happy to hear all of your good news—woohoo! You deserve to have some good things to report here! And I love your bucket list, very adventurous.😊

@emeraldduchess I love your positive thinking AND that message in your chocolate wrapper! Thanks for sharing. Also love everything on your bucket list. 

@pom9207 Eeeeeeek, so excited for you!!! How in the world are you holding out on testing? Hahaha! I would be wrestling MH to get access to the HPTs😂 Hope it’s all GREAT news a few days from now!💗

• @shoogapoff DH and I decided to try on our own for a little while to see if the GF and DF diet solves it. You can read a lot about how gluten and dairy can be inflammatory. I think it causes the body to see an embryo as a danger and prevents implantation. My RE said they've had 100% success with FETs where they have them go on that diet when all other tests have come back normal. We're giving ourselves a bit of a financial break and will try for the summer and then probably give them a call sometime in September or October. So glad you got approved for IVF! What did they say your AFC was?

@keikilove I think for me in total I only stimmed for 9 days. I started on a Friday evening and ended the following Saturday with the trigger shot taken on Sunday and ER Tuesday. My protocol included menopur (75U), gonal-F (started at 125U and dropped down to 75 after the first follicle check), and lupron. I'll always remember the day I started because I did it in a tent during Relay for Life haha.  I think you make a really good point regarding HSP. I feel like I'm being more sensitive towards things these last few weeks but maybe I'm just noticing it more now that I'm aware that it's a thing and occurring. Which sounds like the exact opposite of what it means to be an HSP  :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shoogapoff I missed your update when I was tagging other. CONGRATS on getting into the clinical trial! That’s amazing! Just out of curiosity, does the trial cover the cost of YH’s SA & your hysteroscopy when it’s required for the trial? Also, I was very nervous for my hyst but it wasn’t bad at all. You should be fine. Hopefully others will chime in on that question. 

@inthewoods23  Thanks for sharing your stims protocol too! It’s helpful for my brain to gather as much info as possible; I like knowing the possibility that it could be as short as 8 or 9 days but maybe as long as 2 weeks... Prepares me to be flexible./ You make me want to learn more about this HSP diagnosis! 

@kpearse99 Thanks for being my own personal cheerleader! Well actually, you’re basically the mascot/cheerleader for TTGP—in a good & positive way!
  • @keikilove they had originally told me it would be between 10-12 days of stims with the last day of stims being on that Sunday, trigger shot Monday, and ER Tuesday. Idk why it ended up different. For appointments I had the go ahead after the appointment the day before stim day 1, then the following week I had appointments MWF and Sunday. My clinic tries to keep to the schedule as much as possible. I think rarely have they had to move an ER date up or down a day.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove

I will ALWAYS cheer all of you on!! 💕💕💕

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @keikilove Thanks so much! You're so sweet. The trial does not cover my hysteroscopy, unfortunately. It also doesn't cover required STD testing and didn't cover today's ultrasound. And we lost our insurance coverage, so we have to pay cash. But compared to what IVF would have cost, we are okay with the expense. Thankfully the trial does cover MH's SA and everything else after that.

@inthewoods23 Ah. I probably missed that update somehow. That makes total sense. FX this does the trick and you don't have to think about doing IVF again! I have an IRL friend who is doing dairy/gluten free because of **trigger warning** multiple miscarriages. *** It definitely seems to be something that could help a lot of people's fertility. It was weird with my AFC because they did it today on CD 17, but I thought it had to be done early in the cycle. He saw 6 follicles on my right ovary, which is the ovary it seems like I ovulated from. Then he saw 9 on my left. So my total count was 15, just over what I needed to be approved. But I kind of wonder if it might fluctuate a little if we rescanned at the beginning of my cycle. *shrug*

@kpearse99 You are so sweet! Thank you so much for thinking of me, friend!  <3
  • @kpearse99 Perfect gif!😊

@shoogapoff Oh, that’s good they’ll at least cover YH’s SA. It’s so awesome that you are saving all that money by being a part of the trial, even if you have to pay for other aspects of treatment. I’m really so excited for you!💕

@gingermama29 Ugh, I hear you on the student loans. I’m still paying off the last bit of mine many years later.😩 When I first dated MH I was afraid to tell him about my student loan debt (he doesn’t have any) but it turns out it’s so common that he didn’t bat an eye. We have a hefty chunk of total debt together in our married life, but we’ve had a solid plan for the past 18 months for paying it down that we’ve been sticking to, so I believe we will be debt-free one day in the not-too-far-off future. Oh, you know—AFTER we are relieved of all the IF costs of monthly supplements, vitamins, medicines, actual egg retrieval, stim meds, IVF procedures, etc. 😄🙏🏽😄 ONE day! 
  • @shoogapoff yes! Congrats on being approved to participate in the clinical trial!

@emeraldduchess the message on the chocolate wrapper got me in tears. July will be here soon!

@legallykate thanks! I really hope this is your magic cycle!

@keikilove thanks! I talked to myself that even if I tested negative using HPTs, I will still need to do PIO until the official beta comes back. I don’t want to stab my butt knowing it’s for nothing... if I tested positive at home, most likely I will keep testing every day/night to check for line progression while having loads of anxiety. I know myself all too well😂

@mvt2003 glad you are feeling better! And glad you were able to let out some emotions.

@kpearse99 thanks!! Trying my best to stay positive, and eating seems to help! 😝

TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• @mvt2003 I’m so happy you’re feeling better!!! AND that you’re still listening to that playlist! I literally was thinking the other day if people were still listening to it! I need to add some new songs to it 🤔 
    Our TTC Journey

• @emeraldduchess I love the message that you got in your chocolate. It’s so true  <3  You are getting closer to your rainbow every day

@pom9207 Yay for being PUPO! Glad you are remaining positive during the TWW. Everything crossed for you!

@shoogapoff Definitely feel good to have finally made progress after being stuck for so long. Glad you have been approved for the clinical trial! I’m just thrilled for you!

@keikilove I hear you about all the “what-ifs”. It makes sense that it would be hard to replace the thoughts with positivity since there is so much emotion and grief attached to them. Try to keep in mind that you are in a different place now after doing all this work with your RI. It’s awesome news that your NK cells are in normal range! You got this!

@legallykate Don’t lose that hope! So important to help you through this journey. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @shoogapoff I recall there being some results that can be done any time during a cycle, but I don't recall if that was AFC or AMH. Too many TLAs (three letter acronyms :D ). 15 is a good number!

@legallykate there is just something about the amazing idea of beating that 1% chance. You just never know!

@mvt2003 random thought - we need to have a FUNK party and post groovy gifs!  :D That'll cheer us up right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Just here to vent. My local RE that I love (a short flight away) can’t do any egg retrievals this month after all. The hospital she is attached to is still very cautious about any elective surgeries due to COVID (even though our cases have dropped significantly and we have some of the lowest numbers in the country). So they say my egg retrieval can’t be until late July or early August—if nothing changes. I’m so bummed because first it was March, then late June, now delayed again. And they could delay again after this. 

My backup clinic (a very long flight away) could get me started as early as the end of this month. But that’s all out of pocket. I’m going to ask my insurance if there’s any chance they’d cover out-of-state treatment if I can’t get it locally. 
  • @keikilove shoot I am so mad for you. I really hope your insurance can make the case for you. They can’t just be pushing back!!
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• @keikilove ugh delays! That makes no sense. I hope you can get in sooner! I think out of state treatment can still be considered "in network"... right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove That is so frustrating. I hope your insurance company comes through. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @keikilove Ughhhhh that's so frustrating!!!! I hope insurance approves you for out-of-state if that can be faster!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @keikilove Oh I am so so glad to hear that your insurance would cover the procedure itself and that opens up your options somewhat! I know you will make the right decision <3
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @keikilove Wow!!! That's amazing news about insurance covering it out of state!! Woohooo!!! Good things, friend, good. things. <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @keikilove I'm so sorry for all of the roadblocks! But good for you for being your own advocate and trying to see what other options are out there!
  • @inthewoods23 Thanks. I felt funny about 15, because I had to have a minimum of 14, so I felt like I basically got a C+ on the AFC test. :P But, I guess in the classroom of IF, it's more of a pass/fail scenario, so I should just take it. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @shoogapoff first of all, I have been checking this thread for your update and I somehow missed it. I think I was watching for the number 14 😂. I’m so excited for you!!

The real reason I’m posting though is about your question. I was put under twilight sedation for my hysteroscopy (but they knew they were removing something). Have they mentioned if you will be awake or sedated?