October 2020 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan Thread

2»

Re: Anatomy Scan Thread

• Options
    Third time's the charm! I finally got to see this sweet face
    No classic cute profile for us, so you all get to see Skeletor.  ;) She's measuring small in every way except completely average leg length. And I'm pretty sure her feet are enormous (an inch and a half seems like big feet for a 21 week old fetus). So husband is now planning her soccer career.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @glupglup glad to hear it!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    Glad to finally get the AS done. The sonographer didn’t say much about how things looked so of course that makes me nervous, but she also didn’t point out any concerns. Baby is still measuring 3 days ahead and already weighs 15oz! So cute to see the baby playing with their feet and moving around like crazy and I felt none of the movement!!  
  • Options
    I had my anatomy scan done today, but she wouldn’t cooperate. She was very comfortable curled up. This was even after I walked around, jumped around, and forced myself to cough. So I have no pictures, and have to go back. They did confirm she is a she. 

I also had a regular appointment right before and heard her heartbeat, and saw it pumping away on the ultrasound, so that was reassuring. 
  • Options
    I had to push my AS back to next week because the only Ultrasound doctor there today was the one I HATE. So another week to wait. 🙁
  • Options
    Has my anatomy scan today at 21w.  He’s in the 89th percentile for growth, everything looks great except he’s got a problem with his nasal bone which is most commonly associated with Down’s syndrome.  However my NIPT was negative for it so I’m going down to the University of WA for a second opinion before we consider the amniocentesis. Otherwise he has no other physical anomalies.  

• Options
    @anitamargarita_82 Big boy! Wave at us as you drive by Shoreline! (I don’t know why but I’m assuming you're coming from the north—I don’t remember if you’ve said it, I inferred it, or I just made it up all together lol)
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason yes I’m coming from up north but not that far from you! 
  • Options
    During my first ultrasound I noticed the baby had testicles and asked if it was a boy. The NP told me "we can't be sure just yet." Well we know for sure now  :D 
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer so sweet!! We have a scan of our baby sucking his thumb! It was precious. We also got a thumbs up on each hand, so I’m going to guess he’s obsessed with his fingers already lol.
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 yay, great news!
  • Options
    Update on what I posted yesterday in the mental health check in on high hormone levels. I’m not sure the best place to post it because it doesn’t completely fit in anywhere. I’m putting it in a spoiler because it has trigger words for some.

I was talking to the nurse that deals with these issues and she told me that by having higher levels of hCG, I am at higher risk for preeclampsia, sudden fetus loss, or small birth weight. She told me not to worry because my number was 275, and in all her years she didn’t usually see bad outcomes until women were over 400. But she said she still had to tell me because it is a possibility.

I’m even more worried because I’m at a heightened risk for preeclampsia already because this is my first birth, and I’m 35. But the one good thing is because of my risk I have been on baby aspirin since it was safe to do so, and that lessens the risk.

She said that the anatomy scan looked good, and specifically my placenta looked good. Both are great news especially with the blow I was given yesterday. 

And late last night and this morning my little one was kicking away. I felt like she was saying, I’m still here and just fine. 

The nurse wasn’t sure how they would go about things with COVID, but she would look into it. She knows I will get one more ultrasound to make sure things are going okay. I might have to go in every two weeks later in pregnancy, but that’s the part she’s not sure about. Other than that the only thing I can do is eat healthy, and drink plenty of water. 

• Options
    @animalandplantrescuer sounds like positive news, but I understand your worries. We're here for you!
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer
    I can see how it's one of those "could be nothing could be something scenario" and all you can do is take care of ourself as you have been doing. FWIW I had a marginal cord insertion with my son and took one million ultrasound and was told to expect issues with growth, my son was small at 6lbs 4oz but never had growth issues. It's good to be monitored but for now just focus on the fact that you don't seem to have any reasons to worry for now :)
  • Options
    Hi again! I joined back in February when I first found out we were pregnant, and then just completely dropped off the board. Anyway, we found out we are having a boy due October 17th! I had this ultrasound over a month ago, but everything is going great. Baby is measuring spot on, blood work is all positive and I passed the dreaded glucose test!

No profile view pic for us:

• Options
    @brittscasale congrats on your baby boy and welcome back!