October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week 1 (10/1-10/7) - 5/25

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 1 (10/1-10/7) - 5/25

• Options
    How far along are you? 20+5

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy US next week! 🎉

Rant/rave? Rant: EVERYTIME we talk to my in-laws my FIL starts spouting nonsense about how the coronavirus is a hoax because he doesn’t know anyone who has gotten it and “no one’s dropping dead in the streets!” 🙄 Rave: after a week or two of two-steps-forwards-one-step-back on the boys’ room, we are FINALLY making good progress forward!!

Questions?

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in. I grew up in the suburbs. We lived in one house till I was 9 that backed up to some woods. There was a little pond back there, and in the winter we could traipse behind the neighbor’s yard to this awesome sledding hill. Unfortunately, both the pond and the hill are only memories now, as more houses, townhouses, and condos have been built in the area. When I was 9 we moved to the house my parents still live in. Different suburb of the same metropolitan area. Not much to say about it, but it is definitely home for me. My husband and I bought our house in the same area, next neighborhood over. 
  • Options
    winerenwineren member
    How far along are you? 21 weeks ish 

Due date? 10/05/20

Upcoming appointments? A GD three hours test tomorrow morning. If I fail it then I'll have an appointment with a nutritionist later this week too.

Rant/rave?
    Rant - I don't know when to tell my work that I'm pregnant. It's an internship technically, but paid, and it is suppose to continue through the school year and possibly lead to a job after graduation. When I go pregnant with DS I was a social worker for the state in a small office and I told my boss as soon as the pregnancy was confirmed. We were all really close and she knew we'd been trying. She literally screamed and jumped up and down in excitement. I just started this job in March and it's currently remote. I know they're going to want me to go in at least part time as the state opens up more, but the doctor last week did not super like that idea if there was any possibility of not. AND I have all these doctor appointments suddenly which have been super long and I would probably be a little concerned if I were them. I think it's mostly super weird to me because I just found out but I'm already far enough along that it's probably a normal time to have told your employer? In any case, it's stressing me out. 

Rave - I definitely felt him move the past two nights which makes everything feel more real. I told my dad who is generally happy for me (My DS is his only grandchild but he doesn't get all crazy grandparenty in a stereotypical way) and DH told his father last night who is over the moon - this will be grandbaby #13 for my FIL, ranging in age from mid-twenties to just turned 2. He has three 2 year old grandchildren right now. Neither of them live near us but I suspect we'll be getting visits soon. I was supposed to go visit my FIL with DS in March over Spring Break, but cancelled it due to the pandemic (DH had to work). I would put money on us being asked to go for Thanksgiving or Christmas again. 
    My mother passed away while I was pregnant with DS (but parents had been divorced for 20 years and I was raised by my dad) and DH's mother is not a part of our lives (they've been divorced since before DH was born and he was raised by her but she's pretty toxic. My FIL is great though and his wife is Grandma.)

Questions? Has anyone told their employer yet? Any suggestions on that front?

So I actually live in the same town I consider my hometown. I was born and lived in another town until I was six and then moved here. I left for college, came back for a gap year before I applied to grad school but ended up with a job I loved and then got married. After DS was born I left my job for a year and then applied to law school. Both of the towns I grew up in are college towns. Definitely mid-sized. Where I live is pretty lovely. It's probably 70,000ish? Plus the surrounding county. It's a great place to grow up although is definitely not as free and open as it was when I was little. The cost of living is pretty high compared to smaller towns in the area and it's tempting to move after I graduate. As a college town there are lots of events and opportunities for enrichment - not as much as living in a big city, but still a fair amount. I really do love it here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wineren I told my boss within a couple of weeks of finding out because I was feeling soooo sick already. I contacted my HR rep shortly after that because our family leave policy is in flex (we’re technically a start-up) and I wanted to be able to start making plans. It was good I did when I did, because later that week is when they started recommending high-risk employees (including pregnant women) work from home. With both my babies I’ve told my bosses earlier than “recommended” but have had excellent working relationships with them. 
  • Options
    @wineren I told my employer as soon as corona stuff started happening (mid-March), because they were making allowances for partial/full telework based on vulnerable person status.  But I also work for the state in a very high-need position (essential healthcare, woot), so the odds of pregnancy discrimination are virtually nil.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    winerenwineren member
    Okay, I probably just need to bite the bullet and talk to them tomorrow after my GD test. Especially if I'm going to end up being in and out with appointments and requesting to continue working from home. I'm not so much worried about this summer as I am getting an offer to continue working longer term. And I'll probably need to talk to the school 🤦🏻‍♀️I need to start making lists. 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    How far along are you?
    21 weeka

Due date?
    Oct 7

Upcoming appointments?
    I think June 17. I have an ultrasound and 24 week visit. 

Rant/rave?

Questions?
    I don’t have any but I’ll comment on the telling your boss question. I work for a small family owned company and luckily  my boss would never discriminate against someone for being pregnant so I didn’t feel pressured to keep it a secret. I think I told work about 15 weeks, because coronavirus started getting serious in our area. 

i never really feel like I had a hometown because we moved several times. From 6th grade on, I lived in the town I currently do. It’s a smaller city outside of St Louis. Nothing spectacular but it’s near all the parks and outdoors things we like to do without being too far from a “real” city. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kurtni fellow STL metro person here!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? 6/10 - i have to go for another ultrasound because my baby boy (!!) was uncooperative at last week's anatomy scan and they could not see the heart tracts very well.

Rant/rave? I'm having a BOYYYYY!

Questions? This is a weird question, but I've noticed when I lay on either side, I feel what I think is the baby kicking, but it's always felt in the low side I'm laying on. It feels like random muscle spasms. Do babies "shift" to the side you're laying on?

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in. I'm from Virginia Beach which is a tourist trap! Grew up going to the beach when I was young, but as I got older, we mostly stayed away from the touristy oceanfront and went to lesser known beaches. I'm still living in the area, about 30 miles from what most know or think of as Virginia Beach. I don't think I could ever not live near water. 
  • Options
    @amandarenee89 Boys are the best!!! Hope he’ll cooperate for you next time! Right now baby is small enough that he can flip and rotate really easily without you knowing, so you can definitely be feeling exactly what you’re thinking you’re feeling! Yes, feels like muscle spasms at this stage. I feel the same way about living near the water—I have grown up in the PNW, went to college in SoCal. A couple years ago lived in Austin TX for about 6 months and it was TORTURE being so far from water and mountains. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21w3d

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? Fetal echocardiogram on 6/8. Everything looked fine on the anatomy scan, but because of our previous loss and our inconclusive NIPT, they wanted to be on the safe side.

Rant/rave? Baby is so active! I love it! It’s a little distracting sometimes though.

Questions? I started telling work around 16
    weeks, since I started having to take a lot of time off for appointments. 

I grew up in the suburbs in Michigan. Pretty standard Midwest suburb. 
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14