November 2020 Moms

Fit Friday 05/22

'Life has its ups and downs...we call them squats.'

1. How would you say you've done so far with exercise and/or healthy eating?

2. What's your goal this week and how will you stay motivated? 

3. Has it been harder or easier than you expected so far trying to have a fit/healthy pregnancy?

GTKY: What's the last emoji you used on your phone? Is it one you typically use?

Re: Fit Friday 05/22

• 1. How would you say you've done so far with exercise and/or healthy eating? Not great. I’ve gained more weight through the first trimester than last time. I’m chalking it up to my fitness studio being shut down and being told not to do any strenuous exercise the first 12 weeks because of spotting. Also nausea often made only carbs tolerable.  

2. What's your goal this week and how will you stay motivated? Exercise every day, even if it’s just a walk. I’m going to try to do an online barre class today and maybe again on Sunday or Monday. 

3. Has it been harder or easier than you expected so far trying to have a fit/healthy pregnancy? I was very active last time, so I’ve been a bit disappointed in myself that it’s seemed hard this time. 

GTKY: What's the last emoji you used on your phone? Is it one you typically use? 😂 this one. I use it with a few people. 

Bonus: I had a vivid pregnancy dream that I did a studio workout that I used to frequent and I was so clumsy and really struggling. The instructor called me out to encourage me to do better and I yelled “I’m pregnant! I can’t!!!”
  • 1. How would you say you've done so far with exercise and/or healthy eating? 
    I think I’m doing okay overall. A lot of my fitness is functional stuff outside or cardio inside, but some days I just don’t feel like doing anything. Lazy? Maybe. Listening to my body? I really like that phrase.
    My diet has been kinda meh. I feel like I’m probably consuming too much sugar and not enough protein, but I’d like to think that being aware of that can spur some better decisions.

2. What's your goal this week and how will you stay motivated? 
    Eat more protein. I have a plan to persuade DH to go to the fancy grocery store this weekend, where I want to pick out some yummy proteins (and probably a bunch of stuff that isn’t on the list too).

3. Has it been harder or easier than you expected so far trying to have a fit/healthy pregnancy?
    Easier. Staying home with everything closed, I spend less time sitting in the car, and I have more time to move around and cook.

GTKY: What's the last emoji you used on your phone? Is it one you typically use?
    😘 I use it all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • mimsermimser member
    1. How would you say you've done so far with exercise and/or healthy eating? I've been keeping up with my workouts 3 days a week + 1day of yoga, I also walk a minimum of 1h a day, so I think I've been doing very good. I have to admit the workouts are light, from 15 to 30 minutes, and it's strenght exercises.

2. What's your goal this week and how will you stay motivated? My goal is to keep up with the walks. Sometimes it's easy to skip one, but the nice weather is encouraging. I also need to have a bit more control on the sweets that come in the house...

3. Has it been harder or easier than you expected so far trying to have a fit/healthy pregnancy? I think it's been as expected! But I weighed myself at 16w1d and had gained a total of 12 lbs. The goal I had set for myself was 7 lbs at this point so a little over but I feel active and like I'm eating well and not more than before. We'll see if my doctor is happy or not!

GTKY: What's the last emoji you used on your phone? Is it one you typically use? 😅 Lately it's my new replacement for 😂. I feel it's more accurate!
  • 1. How would you say you've done so far with exercise and/or healthy eating? Not great 🙁 Prior to getting pregnant, I ate a healthy, well balanced diet. I also worked out 6-7 times a week (I’m a group fitness instructor at our local gym!). My first trimester was filled with lots of nausea and fatigue, so I really focused on eating what I could and going on walks when I had the energy. I’ve definitely been better about eating healthier and going for walks the last week or so, but I’m hoping to add some strength training back into my routine 🤞🏼

2. What's your goal this week and how will you stay motivated? My goal this week is to go on a walk every day and add more veggies to my diet. 

3. Has it been harder or easier than you expected so far trying to have a fit/healthy pregnancy? So far it’s been harder than I expected. I’m hopeful it will get easier!

GTKY: What's the last emoji you used on your phone? Is it one you typically use? 😂— It is one I typically use! 
  • 1. How would you say you've done so far with exercise and/or healthy eating?  I feel like this past week I have done okay with my exercise.  I was told to do nothing but walk on 5/13 due to my spotting, but I have picked up prenatal yoga on Peloton.  I actually really like it and she focuses on a lot of safe moves with yoga blankets and blocks.  I also found GlowBodyPT on YouTube and like her short workouts.  I did a 9-minute arms one today, but I like that she has focus on bra bulge and upper back.  They were too areas I gained a lot of weight in with DD1 and I am not trying to replicate that.  

2. What's your goal this week and how will you stay motivated? Goal is to do yoga everyday and some version of a strength training workout.  With the inability to not work out as I am used to, I am really trying to not lose my strength.

3. Has it been harder or easier than you expected so far trying to have a fit/healthy pregnancy?  Welp considering I didn't do a single workout the last time, I am calling this one a complete success lol.

GTKY: What's the last emoji you used on your phone? Is it one you typically use? I am on my computer, so they don't have it, but the sideways laughing face is the last one I used and it is very typical hahaha.