2nd Trimester
Options

Waking up hungry?

babycole820babycole820 member
edited May 2020 in 2nd Trimester
Hi! I've been waking up in the middle of the night to pee. I'll lay back down in bed and then feel wide awake (around 1-2am). I'll start to get hunger pangs and craving bananas lol. So I'll have a banana and then I can sleep again...normal??
I have yet to take my glucose test yet (it's in a couple weeks) but I'm wondering if I'm having blood sugar issues or if im just pregnant and baby is hungry after a few hours of no food (we have dinner around 5pm and go to bed at 8-9. Sometimes I will have a small snack before bed). 
Thank you!

Re: Waking up hungry?

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    Hi! I've been waking up in the middle of the night to pee. I'll lay back down in bed and then feel wide awake (around 1-2am). I'll start to get hunger pangs and craving bananas lol. So I'll have a banana and then I can sleep again...normal??
    I have yet to take my glucose test yet (it's in a couple weeks) but I'm wondering if I'm having blood sugar issues or if im just pregnant and baby is hungry after a few hours of no food (we have dinner around 5pm and go to bed at 8-9. Sometimes I will have a small snack before bed). 
    Thank you!
    Make sure your bedtime snack has protein to help get you through the night.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    You're growing a baby and need more calories and nutrients. Listen to your body and eat if you're hungry. Being hungry in the middle of the night does not, in and of itself, indicate blood sugar issues. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20