December 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 5/18

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? What are they?

Re: PGAL Check-In 5/18

• Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    How far along are you? 11 weeks tomorrow!

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Previously shared. 9 week and 12 week loss for unknown reasons. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? This week is hard, it was around this time I noticed the signs of my last loss. I can’t wait to get to my 12 week appointment and receive some reassurance we’re still on track. Nausea and exhaustion safe still rearing their ugly heads. 

Any upcoming appointments? Next week I have my NT scan and NIPT blood draw. I’m hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. 

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? What are they? I HATE viscerally the sounds of eating. Gum chewing will put me over the edge. I wish I could “cure” myself
    of this, but I have found no mind trick to get past it. 

Ugh, such a negative post sorry! Good news, we ordered an air fryer this week- I am sooo exited for french fries on demand! 

• Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Already shared.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Tired, nauseous, emotionally exhausted. 

Any upcoming appointments? Wednesday with doc for first appointment. Had US last week and saw heartbeat but too early to hear it. 

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? What are they? Repetitive noises...tapping feet, tapping a pen/pencil, loud chewing/slurping. They just drive me nuts!  I wish I could turn off my ears sometimes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    How far along are you? 8 weeks today

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. TFMR on Dec 30, 2019 for T21 and cystic hygroma. Full story was already shared in an earlier thread

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Nausea definitely stepped it up this past weekend, along with heartburn that just feels like something is stuck in my throat (nothing makes nausea better than feeling like there's already vomit working its way up and making you gag...). Could definitely be worse, but since I rarely have stomach problems I'm kind of a baby about it. Just got some B6, so here's hoping that it helps. Other than that, just mild abdominal pains, particularly when I sneeze/stretch.

Emotionally doing ok, still kind of "numb" to it all, though. I think that threw the NP and ultrasound tech at my first appointment, since neither was apparently notified that I lost a pregnancy recently. They really should put a note about that front and center on my chart, it made it extremely uncomfortable for both of us when the tech asked if I "have a little one at home" and I started crying. 

Any upcoming appointments? June 5th. Was just moved from telemedicine (what the NP was pushing) to in-person by my doctor so I can get my NIPT blood draw sooner

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? What are they? I agree so much with the loud eating noises, I can't stand it. My husband also has the worst habit of eating *almost* everything in a bag/container and then just leaving it behind. Not enough for a full serving, just a couple of pieces. It's something his whole family does and it drives me nuts, just finish the d*mn bag! Our snack cabinet is full of mostly-empty bags.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w5d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Feeling really bad emotionally. DD has been a handful, I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing and I’m worried about adding a baby to the mix. 

Any upcoming appointments? OB appt today 

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? What are they? Crumbs. On the counter, on the floor under my bare feet. 

@jchpg Air fryers are so interesting! I’ve been casually researching them and just love French fries soooo much.

@hadassah2020 Repetitive noises, in particular those I can’t make stop, really increase my anxiety. Especially while pregnant. Stupid hormones!

@akoros My DH does the same thing! My fridge is also full of barely left leftovers. 
  • Options
    This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 8 wks 2 days

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. We lost our FET transfer that we did in Sept at the end of October last year. We went into our 10 week ultrasound with our RE to find out we'd lost the pregnancy about a week prior.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I am a mess. We found out Monday that my husband's grandfather has terminal cancer, he gets released to home hospice care this afternoon and the doctors are saying maybe a week.
    *TR
    *TR my 2.5 year old twins love him, they call him "Big Papa" We have to explain to them tonight and plan to see him tomorrow while he's still lucid. This is going to be rough.

Any upcoming appointments? My appointment is tomorrow at 2 p.m. We are close to our loss so that kicked in a nightmare last night and some heightened anxiety.

GTKY: Do you have any pet peeves? What are they? Loud eaters are a pet peeve of mine, I know some of it is cultural though so I have to leave the room at some points at work during lunchtime. I especially can't deal with that right now, it triggers the dry heaving.