GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday?

Re: Week 4+ (11/22-11/30) Check-in w/o 05/18/20

• Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 12+ 6 Due 11/24

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Lime

Upcoming Appointments: Not until June 11

How are you feeling?: I feel good. I am having trouble sleeping. I wake up thinking about the stupidest crap and on fire. I have to basically sleep naked to feel a little bit comfortable. 

Rants/Raves: I have to go back to the office on June 1 and I am not looking forward to it at all. I am going to miss hanging with my little guy all day  :'(  Also - I was told at my appointment on Thursday to start taking baby aspirin at 14 weeks due to being AMA and having high BP last pregnancy. 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? It is a toss between Halloween and Christmas. I love decorating for both! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: November 25 | 12 weeks, 5 days 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: We will find out at 20 weeks. Can’t wait!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: Plum

Upcoming Appointments: We have our first ultrasound today!! We were originally going to have to wait until 20 weeks due to covid, but I was feeling anxious about waiting that long so I called our clinic and we were able to get in much sooner 🙌🏻 This FTM is so excited!

How are you feeling?: The best I have in weeks! Some fatigue and low back pain, but overall so much better. 

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: What is the best pregnancy pillow you’ve used?

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving 🦃 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lalarose22 I have a Snoogle pillow from my last pregnancy. I thought it worked great. My husband just bought me a second one for Mother's Day. So I am thinking I can make a sort of nest type thing for when I have to start sleeping on my side. I have heard awesome things about those U shaped ones. 
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 13 Weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: Baby #3

Team Green/Pink/Blue: BLUE

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: a lemon 

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing for another 5 weeks

How are you feeling?: Good! I think I need to pull out my maternity clothes though.... all of a sudden pants are very uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves: Nada

Questions: None this week.

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? CHRISTMAS for sure. And I'm actually a little bummed out that I'm having another November baby. The holidays were rough with my first daughter (born 11/11) because I was still in the 4th trimester and felt like I was in a fog most of the time. I didn't really get the chance to enjoy it. Hopefully that won't be the case this time around. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 13 weeks today 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: lemon!

Upcoming Appointments: none for a few weeks 

How are you feeling?: my pregnancy hormones have shown up apparently. My moods are fairly unpredictable. Getting dressed every day causes a bit of a crisis where I get upset because I’m in the in between stage where nothing fits and I’m not loving what I have from four years ago in terms of maternity clothes. I got a new shirt from target and some pants I like from Old Navy, but beyond that it’s a struggle. 

Rants/Raves: I suppose my clothes situation is a rant. I hate how expensive maternity can be and I don’t really want to go into stores and try anything on right now. 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? I love Halloween and Christmas, Christmas is probably my number one. @crizz13 I didn’t think about still being in a fog with a November baby but I can totally see that happening. And my in laws are all about Christmas. It may be a nightmare haha. 
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    @surlyjaneausten In laws always make holidays interesting...ha! I think it can go either way with a newborn at the holidays (really fun and exciting....or really NOT). I'm hoping I have the enjoyable experience this time around. :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    @lalarose22 another vote for the snoogle!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: November 30, 12w 1d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out at 20 week appt!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: a hard boiled egg 🥚

Upcoming Appointments: 13 week appt on the 26th

How are you feeling?: a lot better than I have been. It almost makes me worried, it seems like all of the sudden the nausea has disappeared and I've gotten my energy back. Still getting heartburn in the evening and waking up 2x a night to pee...

Rants/Raves: energy is coming back! I'm always one to assume the worst so I will be happy once i have my 13 week check up with the fetal doppler to make sure everything is still going well. I've been able to take my 2yo for walks every day this past week! 

Questions: OB is convinced I will need another c section this time around. I was induced at 37 weeks with my last pregnancy, after 24 hours I didnt dilate past 3cm, needed emergency c section. Anywho, he said my c section will be scheduled for 39 weeks unless I'm showing signs of dilating. So my question is for stm+, did you go into labor earlier than 40 weeks naturally? I reallllly want to have a VBAC. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. The whole season lasts from the day after thanksgiving all the way til new years, and it's just that fuzzy caring vibe the whole time. Plus I get to spend time with family that lives further away that I dont get to see as often as I'd like. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days:
    11/26 / 12+5

FTM/STM/STM+:
    These are babies 2 & 3 ❤ (18mo DD & 9yo SD)

Team Green/Pink/Blue:
    Anxiously waiting to find out

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: 
    Apparently each baby are as tall as a kitkat 🤷🏻

Upcoming Appointments:
    Appt went well today! Babies are looking great ❤ they were bouncing around and waving their arms. 

How are you feeling?:
    Blegh. Exhausted, nauseous. And my hips/back/pelvis hurt

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday?
    🦃 team Thanksgiving!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    edited May 2020
    @kerriec93 I went in to labor naturally with my first at 39 + 3 and 40 +1 with my second. If you want a VBAC, fight for it. If you haven't already checked out https://www.ican-online.org/, you should. If it is not medically necessary, there is no reason your OB should be talking caesarean already. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 13w1d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: a lemon

Upcoming Appointments: Went yesterday, going back for NIPT blood draw tomorrow. Won't have another until end of June

How are you feeling?: Good! I've been really worried since morning sickness left. At least if I felt terrible, I knew things were okay! Different now that I have no real symptoms other than I'm hungry ALL the time! It was so nice to bring husband to the ultrasound yesterday. Heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was fantastic. 

Rants/Raves: I am getting so annoyed at everyone obsessing over the gender! It's all anyone ever asks about. Nothing against people that do gender reveal parties (I love going to them!), but we're super low-key and we'll find out when the Dr tells us! Stop asking people! *rant over* lol 

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Used to be Halloween, but it's slowly becoming Christmas as I get older. Love the whole season. Love Thanksgiving food too....Just love all of fall's holidays! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: November 30th, 12w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out at 20 weeks!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of: as tall as a rubix cube

Upcoming Appointments: had an apt today, heard baby’s heartbeat for the first time!! next apt is 6/17

How are you feeling?: Nausea is starting to subside finally

Rants/Raves: I split from my partner last week due to worsening domestic violence issues, so I am slowly coming around to the idea that I will be a single momma. I know most of you are married but if anyone has any tips I’m all ears!!

Questions: When should I start a registry? 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Used to be Easter as a kid because I loved easter egg hunts. Now it’s Thanksgiving! Love spending time with my family around good food 😊
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    @1sttimemomma98 You can start a registry whenever you want! With my first, I just kept it private until I was actually ready for people to buy things. Until then, I just used it as a placeholder for anything I found that I thought I *might* want. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 I just want to comend you for making the right decision for you and your baby in getting out of a dangerous relationship. I don't have any particular advice, and I know it's a hard road in front of you, but you have made some really major, scary decisions in the past few weeks and should be proud. ❤ I have been listening to The Birth Hour podcast and there are several episodes that feature single moms (by choice) or young moms, that may be inspirational for you. We're here to support you as best we can!
    Have your parents started to come around at all?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    @1sttimemomma98 WOAH. Sorry, I missed your rant. Single motherhood is not easy, but you've made a brave choice and I know you can find support either in person on online. Having a community behind you (even virtually) will be key. Giving you all the strength. 

@hedgepig Glad there's another Birth Hour fan on here!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days:
     12 weeks and some days 
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ this will be baby #4

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of:  plum I think 

Upcoming Appointments: the first of June however I paid for an elective ultrasound the 28th to make sure there is just one baby in there lol

How are you feeling?: so sick and so so so tired ! Early next week my mom is going to take all 3 kids (2,2 and age 3) for 3 days so I can just sleep etc . Emotionally and physically exhausted 

Rants/Raves: Nothing other then the tired part . They just tested my thyroid again and said it was normal but I have my suspicions about that based on how I’m feeling 

Questions: nada right now 

GTKY:  What is your favorite holiday? Hands down Christmas! My boys were born the day before turkey day 11/22 which is kind of a cool birthday for twins lol ... we will see . 

With my daughter I went into labor naturally but they had to break my water , with my sons twins A’s water broke at 32 weeks and they broke twins B’s on the way out . But I went naturally also 
  • Options
    @crizz13 I only just started listening to TBH recently because of a rec from here, so you might actually be the reason that I am a fan! Definitely hooked!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @crizz13 thank you! I will definitely check into that website. 

@acdc1109 Im keeping my fingers crossed that I start to dilate earlier rather than later. Doctor said we will play it by ear but if I havent started dilating by 38 weeks then they would schedule the c section for 39 weeks :( 
     My doctor is definitely open to a VBAC but at my first appointment voiced that he just didnt think it would be likely. With my first, I was induced at 37 weeks and after 24hrs of labor, I never dilated past 3cm. Had to have an emergency c section and doctor said the baby was up in my ribs so he never dropped. So my doctor thinks the same thing will happen this time around and I won't dilate, but I think my last baby just wasnt ready to make his appearance yet :P I've got an appointment on Tuesday, so I'm going to try and ask him more about it then. 
  • Options
    @reirei84 agree with you on the gender reveal. My husband's cousin was asking us yesterday when we were planning a gender reveal so he could request off work. I told him we weren't planning one. I just tend to tell people during conversations 😅 I dont really like to make a big fuss about things in general though. I think the last gender reveal I saw (via Facebook due to lovely Covid) there were chicks in a big easter egg and they had blue coloring on their backs 😶
  • Options
    @ecolton01 fingers crossed for your ultrasound! I'm sure.my jaw would have hit the floor if they found a 2nd heartbeat on the doppler lol and hopefully you can get caught up on some sleep without the kiddos around! Even just afternoon naps while my son is at my parents feel like a big energy boost 😅
  • Options
    @kerriec93 I had a scheduled c section last time because baby was breech and I’m considering a VBAC this time around too. There are a lot of factors to be considered for me, plus my doctor won’t let me go past 40 weeks. Maybe it would be worth starting a VBAC thread for support. 

@1sttimemomma98 I’m so glad you got yourself and your baby out of that situation. I’m not a single mom but was raised by one. I’ve always thought that all you need is one good parent. Plus any grandparents or other supportive family and friends are just bonuses. 
  • Options
    bserenabserena member
    @1sttimemomma98 I just want to say that I applaud you and your strength! I was in an abusive relationship in the past and so I absolutely understand how complex and difficult it can be to be trapped (or at least feel trapped) in a toxic relationship. I was raised by a single mother and we are incredibly close to this day. I never felt like I was missing out and I bet you will be an amazing mom! You have already begun being a great mom by getting yourself out of that situation. I just wanted to say we are here for you! 
  • Options
    @bserena @surlyjaneausten thank you so much ladies