3rd Trimester
Options

Breech on scan at 28 weeks

Breech on Scan at 28 weeks. Had my doctor appointment today and happen to realise that my baby is breech. Doctor said we can worry about the position around 35 weeks, it's ok for now.
But am tensed about it. Do any Mumma's on this group had breech presentation of babies around 28 weeks scan?

Re: Breech on scan at 28 weeks

• Options
    Breech on Scan at 28 weeks. Had my doctor appointment today and happen to realise that my baby is breech. Doctor said we can worry about the position around 35 weeks, it's ok for now.
    But am tensed about it. Do any Mumma's on this group had breech presentation of babies around 28 weeks scan?

Trust your doctor!  They know what they are talking about.  There is plenty of time for baby to flip.

By weeks 30-32  most babies flip head down and bottom up. By 34 your doctor will become a bit more concerned.  
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    OP, if you are concerned look into spinning babies. There are some positions you can do now to encourage a head down position safely at your gestation. But like PP said, you still have plenty of time.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kiki75kiki75 member
    At this point, baby is still enjoying the space & will pass through breech, transverse & vertex possibly all in one day. And maybe do it all again the next day. Trust your doctor.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Yes, my last baby was head up after previously being head down around that time frame. Yes, the baby still has lots of room to move. There is literally nothing the doctor can or will do at this point. Nothing will be done until 37 weeks at the earliest, at which point you could have an ECV (a doctor pushing on your belly to try to manipulate the baby around) if the baby is still breech.

You can start doing Spinning Babies techniques. That's what I did, and my baby did flip. My midwives recommended doing them sooner rather than later because the baby has more room to turn the smaller they are. Who's to say if Spinning Babies is what actually did it or if she would have turned on her own, but at best, it helped, and at worst, it did nothing and she would have turned anyway. It certainly won't hurt. I did the Forward-Leaning Inversion and Open-Knee Chest positions. 

And try to have good posture in general. That helps position baby optimally.