November 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 5.14

Re: UO Thursday 5.14

• Options
    bserenabserena member
    Alright, this one always makes me lose a few friends, but here it is.... I hate Chick-Fil-A.

One, I have moral reasons for not eating there and haven't in almost a decade, but even when I did eat it, it just isn't that good! The chicken is just blah to me. 
  • Options
    @bserena my husband doesn't understand the obsession with it either! I enjoy the nuggets and the regular ol' chicken sandwich, but I too don't die over it lol.  I probably only eat there 2x a year lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bserena OMG. I HATE Chick-Fil-A too!! I’ve never met anyone else who feels this way lol!! Their chicken sandwiches are too...thick. I get easily grossed out by chicken and there’s always lots of gristle and stuff in their chicken. 🤢
  • Options
    bserenabserena member
    @kitkatz1990 yes!!! Exactly!!! I never meet anyone that agrees with me either, people always get up in arms when I don't jump up and down at the thought of chick-fil-a  :D
  • Options
    @bserena they can keep their nasty chicken 😂
  • Options
    @bserena 1000% agree. Haven't spent money there in YEARS, but last year my company had a catered lunch from there and it wasn't even very good. Maybe I'm just a spoiled New Yorker, but there are soooooo many better chicken sando options out there that don't pose moral issues.
  • Options
    UO is that FRIENDS isn't all that good. Like it's fine, but not the best sitcom from that era of TV.
  • Options
    @bserena I've never had Chick-Fil-A!

@laurenmicheley I love Friends but I would never argue it's the best sitcom ever. I just love the characters and the story and love to have it on in the background when I'm doing other things. But the acting is pretty mediocre lol
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies I've never had Chick-fil-a either! For a long time there weren't any around where I live, and even now that there is, I won't go there for moral reasons like @bserena . Also, I generally don't eat fast food and if at all possible I don't eat fast food meat. And like @kitkatz1990 I hate gristle in chicken, so it sounds  like a big nope for me. Plus DH makes the best fried chicken sandwich , so 🤷‍♀️
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @dumbledoredies and @hedgepig, y’all aren’t missing anything! Lol 
  • Options
    Okay, so...I actually love Chick-fil-a, but not enough to be offended when people don't like it! I'm kinda meh on friends. I've seen a few episodes but I wasn't overly impressed. Gilmore girls is my jam!
    My UO is that I like watching cartoon shows with my kids! I've also been known to watch "kid" shows when I didn't even have kids!
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @bserena +1 for hating Chick-fil-A! I won't eat there for moral reasons and honestly I don't even remember what their food tastes like. I just remember thinking it was overrated the few times I ate there. 

@laurenmicheley I'm similar to @dumbledoredies in that I love friends but would never state it's one of the best shows. I find it funny and always enjoy watching reruns.

My UO is that preganancy sucks. I love the outcome of babies but being pregnant for me is 9 months of misery. I never feel good when pregnant and struggle the entire pregnancy. I just read my 14 week info on the bump app where it's like you're probably starting to feel better and I'm just like lies. It's 9 months of being sick and trying to get through the day. I'm ready to skip ahead to the last month and babies almost here.
  • Options
    @kelk5 YES!!! Pregnancy is just not my favorite and I haven't even had major issues in any of them (I did have GD with my last, though). I know it's worth it but once I hit like 30 weeks I AM DONE!
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley I never really watched it when it was on TV. We lived in the middle of nowhere, didn't have great reception, and my dad ALWAYS controlled the TV at night. I've caught a few episodes here ad there with people, and I do not think it has aged well. I just don't find it that funny at all. 

My UO is that the advice "Never go to bed angry" is bull-poo. Sometimes there's no way to resolve an issue that day and forcing it may be worse than just sleeping and calming down a bit. Sometimes I think it helps. The feeling of going to sleep angry can really suck, and make you realize how dumb it was to be mad in the first place. 
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @acdc1109 yeah it's totally worth it and I'm happy that I am pregnant but totally hate being pregnant if that makes sense. 
  • Options
    @glenncoco20 I agree. Sometimes you have to go to bed angry to process what caused the anger.

Friends was good when it was on because I didn’t have cable and it was the only thing on in that time slot (Thursday at 8EST?). I watched an episode a few months ago and... wow. It was all overdelivered one liners and people talking about others 6 feet away as if they couldn’t hear them, and a few comments that are no longer allowed TV.

When I first moved to the South I went to Chick-fil-a a few times, but I can’t eat that stuff anymore. There’s the moral reasons, the gristle, and I just don’t eat much fast food anymore.

My UO is I don’t like pink. It’s a stupid color. That’s part of the reason why I don’t want to find out my baby’s gender early. If it’s a girl, I don’t want to be inundated by pink stuff. On the other hand, if it’s a girl and as she grows she starts picking out pink stuff, I won’t rain on her parade. You do you, baby.
  • Options
    @bserena I also wont eat there for moral reasons. I ate there one time years ago and wasn’t that impressed. 

@acdc1109 Gilmore Girls was the best! 

My UO is that I hate Will Ferrell movies. I don’t even like the episodes with him in The Office, and I Love that show. 
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    @vetgirl2011 I can't deal with Will Ferrell!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 so you dont like the movie Step Brothers?!
  • Options
    But It's the CATALINA WINE MIXER!
  • Options
    So many Chik-Fil-A haters in this group!!! My UO is that it’s dee- lish. I enjoyed Chik-Fil-A a couple weeks ago and they had their shit together with PPE for their employees. 

Haha never thought my UO would be I like Chik-Fil-A.
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 That's a good UO, I wish I had thought of it! I don't like Will Ferrell either!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @dumbledoredies Step Brothers is probably the most quoted movie in my house! 😂 
  • Options
    @hedgepig and @mimser I was beginning to think I was the only one! It’s nice to have company. I knew that it was going to truly be an unpopular opinion! The majority of my friends love his movies. 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 I also have to agree with the not liking Will Ferrell. For me it crosses the line from funny into dumb! I also feel that way about many Jim Carey movies (flame away!).
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 Omgggg but Anchorman?! Like THE Ron Burgundy. It is really a NO?! It can't be! I'm in a glass case of emotion!!

Also, if you have never watched one of his short skits, please watch The Landlord.  Maybe some would find it inappropriate, but I literally crack up laughing every time I watch it.  
  • Options
    I love some chic fil a nuggets but I am not waiting in line for them or going out of my way. 

I like Friends but it's certainly not the best show ever. I am not a super sitcom fan though. 

Will Ferrell is funny but, I feel like he can over do it. I love Old School, Ron Burgundy, Talladega Nights are hysterical! Step Brothers is funny but it pushes into the super dumb. Still funny though. 

• Options
    Ecat504Ecat504 member
    Ummm Will Ferrell is my all time favorite 🤨
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    I’m with @Ecat504 on this one
  • Options
    wychetswychets member
    I hate when you ask someone “do you want a boy or a girl?” And they respond “we just want a healthy baby!!” Uh. Duhhhhh. We all want healthy babies but what’s your preference???😑🙄
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @wychets yes, we all want a healthy baby but some people genuinely don't have a preference for sex of baby. With my DD and DS pregnancies, I really didn't care. I actually hated it when people would ask what my preference was because it really didn't matter to me, i just wanted a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby. This is our first pregnancy that my husband and I have a preference, we're hoping for one of each.
  • Options
    @wychets I couldn’t agree more. With us having four girls people will say IN FRONT of the girls you must be so disappointed. Seriously people! I mean would we have liked to have had a son...sure! But I’m super pumped to have our own basketball team with girls. Seriously makes my blood boil. I mean which one would I just rather not have. Wow. Apparently that’s a sore spot for me.
  • Options
    wychetswychets member
    @name1109 omg!!!!! That would definitely burn me up!!!

@kelk5 I understand. However if you had to make a choice what would it be. It’s just a simple question to me lol. 
  • Options
    @wychets I think you're right that most people have a preference one way or the other, but I do know some people who truly have zero preference. And, more importantly to me, I have a lot of friends who have struggled with infertility, for whom any baby at all would be a miracle, no matter the sex, and for whom the strong preferences of some people for a specific sex can feel like a real slap in the face. I try to be circumspect when talking about sex preference out of respect for the 1 in 8 couples who struggle with IF. Maybe others do the same?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @wychets I wouldn't make a decision. Biology already decided so I don't have to make a decision. If it's a simple question, you should respect someone's simple answer that they don't have a preference for sex of their baby. Especially, because people who might be answering that they just want a healthy baby may have had difficulty getting pregnant, suffered miscarriages/stillbirth, or their baby died. Trying to force them, "if you had to choose" is not being considerate of their honest simple answer. 
  • Options
    I honestly have no preference. I struggled with infertility but, I think even if I didn't I wouldn't care. I have a son and I can see how having either sex this time would be wonderful. Two boys or one of each would be fine by me. 
    Like others have said I also don't think it is wrong to have a preference. 
  • Options
    wychetswychets member
    Welp my comment was definitely unpopular haha which is the point of this post right? 
  • Options
    @wychets I think the idea of gender disappointment is a touchy one for some. I definitely dealt with it because I’ve always wanted a daughter and I’ll probably never have one. But I was also hesitant to say that’s what I wanted because I didn’t want a “oh, poor you” response if I found out I was having another boy.