TTC After a Loss

Bleeding for 22 days after MC?

Is it normal to bleed for 22 days after a miscarriage? I found out I MC naturally and completely at 9 weeks pregnant.  They said my uterus still had some of the thick lining from pregnancy left but no baby. I’m still actively bleeding and concerned if it will ever stop. It’s has been so hard going through a MC. I still have all the symptoms of pregnancy and honestly I’m just hoping for it to be over soon. 

Re: Bleeding for 22 days after MC?

• Yes that's absolutely normal.  Depending on how far along you are for a MC, how long it takes your body to get rid of the PG / for your HCG levels to drop to 0, and any glitches, you can bleed for weeks on end it seems (I bled for well over a month with my 5th MC).  Very annoying and frustrating, especially like you said because you still get PG symptoms and feel PG and it gives you even more heightened emotions. 

I'm sorry for your loss and that you are going through this. It sucks, it really does.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • I would suggest calling your ob. There might be some retained tissue which is why you’re still bleeding. I understand completely about having all the pregnancy symptoms but continuing to bleed. Like thanks nature for the slap in the face 💜
    cdbaldwin09