November 2020 Moms
Options

Week 2 (11/08-11/14) Check-in w/o 05/11/20

Estimated due date: 

Week of pregnancy:

Upcoming appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions?:

GTKY: What are you most worried about with this pregnancy or having a new baby? What are you most excited about?

Re: Week 2 (11/08-11/14) Check-in w/o 05/11/20

• Options
    Estimated due date: November 11 ;; 13W5D (first trimester DONE on Wednesday!) 

Fun fact about baby or size of baby: Baby is the size of a Pokemon trading card!

Upcoming appointments: Waiting on a phone call regarding my NIPT blood results...I have a phone call appointment in 9 days (5/20). 

Rant/Rave: My best friend (and sister-in-law) just announced to her brother and I that she and her husband are expecting their first too! She is exactly 2 months behind me! Cousins/best friends for life!!! This is super exciting because we have been best friends since 6th grade - we literally went through every stage of life together, every milestone - so it is only fitting that we would be pregnant together!!! Only downside is she is due January, so she and her husband might not make it to Washington (from Arkansas) for the family Christmas celebration we had planned...

Questions?: Y'all, I'm feeling quite a bit of pressure in my lower abdomen. I had to stop doing jumping jacks this AM during my workout because it kind of got painful. Can someone tell me it's just little bean growing? Or should I be concerned?

GTKY: What are you most worried about with this pregnancy or having a new baby? What are you most excited about? I'm answering everything as if it's 3 questions - feeling chatty this AM. Most worried about with the pregnancy is that my husband won't feel a bond with him/her until a couple weeks after he/she is born. Most worried about with having a new baby is the exhaustion everyone talks about. Most excited about OUR FIRST BABY - seeing who he or she looks most likely, finally meeting the little bean I have been growing, all that good stuff. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    Estimated due date: Nov 12

Week of pregnancy: 13 weeks

Upcoming appointments: Just had one today!! I got to see the baby again! The dr had this little mini handheld ultrasound machine and the little guy/gal was in there squirming and kicking away! I was absolutely not expecting that at all so it was a nice surprise! Definitely a big change from the little gummy bear a month ago. My next appointment is June 8th.

Rant/Rave: I didn’t get any cleaning done this weekend and my house is a big mess...ugh. I’ll deal with it tomorrow. 

Questions?: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about with this pregnancy or having a new baby? What are you most excited about? Just the adjustment to having another baby after just having two for so long. How will I split myself up between them all fairly? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lovelee3 cousins are awesome! 
    I wonder if the pain your having is the round ligament pain.
  • Options
    Estimated due date: 11/10

Week of pregnancy: 14! Hellooooo 2nd tri! 🥳

Upcoming appointments: We had our gender scan today! Next Dr appt is May 21.

Rant/Rave: I am so excited we get to use our Dad’s names for this baby! In Italian tradition, the firstborn son is supposed to name their first son after their dad (or baby’s grandpa). My brother has one girl and no plans to have any other children that we know of. So he was a little bummed no baby would get the name...so when I facetimed him today and told him baby Nicholas was on the way, he was SO happy! 💜

Questions?: Not at the moment. 🥰

GTKY: What are you most worried about with this pregnancy or having a new baby? What are you most excited about? I am most excited about sweet baby snuggles and watching my oldest two love on the new baby. I also am looking forward to that skin to skin time after baby is born and even BFing. Though it can be painful and tough at times, I love the bond it helps to create! 💜

@lovelee3 When I run I get this sensation sometimes too! I just take it a bit easier. I also think it has to do with the way baby is positioned and where he/she is putting pressure. 💜

• Options
    @1MommyRunner congrats on a baby boy!! 💙💙💙
  • Options
    Estimated due date: 11/8

Week of pregnancy: 14

Upcoming appointments: Seeing the midwife next week.

Rant/Rave: I came into this without knowing much of anything about childbirth other than it hurts and is kind of icky. I’ve been reading Ina May Gaskin’s “Guide to Childbirth” and it has been such a great way for me to get an idea of what I can expect. My squeamishness is gradually being replaced by interest and excitement. I’m so glad I chose to pick up that book!

Questions?: Do you ladies have any book recommendations?

GTKY: What are you most worried about with this pregnancy or having a new baby? What are you most excited about? I don’t have any huge worries right now. I’m excited about the future firsts: feeling the baby moving around, finding out what music they respond to, and meeting them face to face.
  • Options
    @potofgolden hmm, maybe it is RLP. I certainly wouldn’t be able to pin point what that feels like and it’s a new sensation so, maybe? and @1MommyRunner do you get it any other time? I mostly only feel it with stiff movements like jumping jacks, power squats, etc. I’m thinking about asking for a referral to a women’s health PT to make sure I am doing pelvic floor engagement correctly. Also, congrats on the baby boy!!! So exciting! 

@csardaszz I just started Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: the complete guide. I can’t speak on how great it is yet, but it had a lot of awesome reviews and seems really well rounded about covering topics. I also ordered The Birth Partner to read and hopefully convince DH to read. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    @lovelee3 I ordered Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn too, but I can’t really get into it. It feels like a textbook, so unless I am sitting in a cafe with a giant latte, I’m not sure it will get a cover-to-cover reading. I have used it several times already as a reference when a question pops into my head.
    Let me know how you like The Birth Partner. My midwife suggested we get it but my husband said he didn’t want to read a book on the topic. :/
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 thank you so much!!!🥰💜

@lovelee3 I get it at random times, but mostly when I have a super busy day or have been really active! Thank you so much! We are over the moon about adding another boy to the mix! DD was rooting for a baby “brudder” too so both littles are super excited! 🥰
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    Okay, first time commenting on a week check in! 

Estimated due date: Nov 14

Week of pregnancy: 13

Upcoming appointments: Had one this morning

Rant/Rave: Am working remotely right now, so called my boss to let him know... He didn't mention a thing about work, just how excited he was for me and my husband. We've been trying for several tears and had 2 losses, which he knew about. His response just about made me cry he was so genuinely happy ♥️

Questions?: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about with this pregnancy or having a new baby? What are you most excited about? I'm mostly worried that something will happen and we'll loose our little nugget... But now that I'm 3 days away from the second trimester I'm finally starting to feel more excited than nervous! 
  • Options
    @mia80 yay, welcome to the weekly chat!! That’s amazing about your boss, having a supportive boss makes such a big difference! I hope you are able to relax a little when you hit the 2nd trimester in a couple days. ☺️
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner I don’t think I could follow the Italian tradition. I’m too white to name my baby Jose 😂. Which is also DH’s name. I do like the nickname Tres... 3 in Spanish though. 

@csardaszz The Happy Song by Imogean Heap was scientifically created for babies to enjoy. DD is obsessed with Baby Shark, she is almost 15 mo, but like right out of the womb we could turn it on and it would calm her down. And FYI there is a 60 minute YouTube video of it on repeat. 🙉