October 2020 Moms

Animal Lovin' - Our Four Legged Children

Who's got pets?  Let's see 'em.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Animal Lovin' - Our Four Legged Children

• I have a total of four cats.  Tangerine (the orange one, obviously), Charcoal (the fat dark gray one), and Semi-Sweet are all littermates and are all a little over 14 years old.  Daenerys Stormcat (the skinny tan one with the white paws) is 6.5 (her littermate Tyrion LanCatster was my ex-wife's shadow, so he moved with her to Vegas when she left last year).

My favorite photo of my fat triplets, taken a few years ago - I call this "how you play Tetris with cats."

The other day, all of the girls (everyone but Tangerine) decided they were attention whores.  Tangy was too, but he was draped around my neck so I couldn't get him in the shot.  And yes, my rug desperately needs vacuuming.

Daenerys likes to "help" when I am working from home.  We have different definitions of "help."

Of course, then she snuggles on the couch with me like this, so how can I get mad at her?

But my biggest snuggle bug has always been Semi-Sweet.  I used to call her my "left cat," because if I'm sitting on a couch or chair and she can fit, she will be attached to my left hip.

Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • @carrotsandpeas3 omg I love her. I have a soft spot for giant dogs! 
  • I have 3 dogs and volunteer for a rescue, so there's an occasional foster at our house too! I can't get my photos to work, so I'll have to try to edit this later with pictures. We have a Siberian husky and two mixes- one is a beagle/kitchen sink mix (his mom's adopter had her DNA tested and she was mostly beagle with some great pyrenees, collie, lab, and cocker spaniel mixed in) and one is...? I think he's either a catahoula/pit mix or a great dane/American bully mix. He's too little to tell for sure yet! I would have like...10 more dogs if my husband would get on board.
  • This is the only picture of all 4 fur-babies I've ever gotten. The tuxedo floof is Gideon, my first solo pet. He is a wonderful, sweet, scared little baby and fears everything and everyone(except me). He doesn't come downstairs. The mega flood dilute calico is Gin Gin. I adopted her with hope she would help make Gideon less scared. It did not work. She is the #1 snack stealer. The tiny baby calico is Goji and she is the newest member of the pack. She is CRAZY but loves cuddles and is the only one who likes the dog. The pup is Mika, she's a standard Aussie. Very beautiful, but also CRAZY and loves stealing snacks. MikaMy big beardie Ramona meeting her baby brother who we have recently determined is definitely a boy. His name is now Calcifer, but I just call him baby still.My first trio of chickens. The white one is Danaerys, she is the only one that is still alive. She is an easter Eggers so her eggs are a pretty light mint color. The black one was Asha and the red one was Cersei. We had some mysterious chicken disappearances this spring unfortunately. They were both 1,000% friendlier than Dani and I miss them, but we've since aquired some new babies and built a big new coop and run for them so hopefully they will be safer!
  • @ginevere, your dog is beautiful! I love Australian Shepherds! 

This is Oliver. He is a 7 year old mutt. We got him 3 weeks after our wedding. And my toddler when he was a baby 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• We have three cats. Our black cat is Titan and he’s 7, he was our first pet together and we got him about a week after we moved in together. our orange cat is Saturn and he’s four. Phoebe is our brown tabby and she’s almost 2. We also have a corgi Husky mix dog named Laika who is also 7. They’re all rescues. Titan’s mom delivered on our porch and we got them all adopted out and he stayed here. Saturn was dropped off at a house so was pet sitting at in a box at like 4 weeks old. She was out of town so I took him with the plan I’d take him to our humane society the next day. He’s still here. Pheebs ran across the the street while I was driving on a busy road at like 9pm. I stopped the car and spent 20 minutes until I found her. DD never let us take her to the shelter. Laika was found with a pregnant dog and she was super protective of her. They were on a highway in town. I agreed to foster her until they could get her adopted out. Well same story, she never left. 

It won’t let me add pictures. I’ll have to come back and add them. 

• this is Chalupa Batgirl in this year's Bluebonnets. The shelter we adopted her from called her a plott hound mix, definitely some pitbull in her. She's the sweetest, smartest dummy of a dog 💗
  • I have 2 puppers, Abbey turns 4 on May 11th! She is my dopey 60lb pittie greyhound mix. She was a rescue by my friend when she was a puppy and I got her from that friend when she was 1yr old. The little one is Moo, he's a lazy Chihuahua who never really barks and sleeps 20+ hours a day. I rescued him from a dementia patient whose family was going to throw him out into the desert. He has a bad eye and only 8 teeth, but he is the sweetest thing lol. We've had him a little over 2 years and the vet thinks he's probably around 8-10 yrs old. 

• We have two little dogs.  I have my Papillon (Sugar) that is 13.5 years old and my husband adopted a toy poodle mix (Fizz-gig AKA Fizzy) shortly after we met and she’s about 6.5 years old.  Fizzy has some sketchy behavior as a result of her background.  Before she ended up at the shelter she was in a hoarding situation where she’d never been pet or had human interaction.   Now that my DD is older both dogs tolerate her okay.  Before they’d run like hell to get away from her 😂. 

• This is my 3 year old rescue pup Harbor! She is a mini Australian Shepherd. She was supposed to be MY dog, but she adores my hubby. She's a goof!

This is my baby rescue kitty Sookie! She's 1 year old, and the best cat I've ever had. When we picked her at the shelter, she was stretching her paws through the cage as far as she could to reach us. I knew we were taking her home then!!

• @KaileyBri I want to steal both of them!
    Current pregnancy -

• The lovely Miss Luna.  Got her at the SPCA when she was about 1yr old, and she was a nervous wreck, terrified of everything.  A bit of time and patience later, and she's a happy, well adjusted soon-to-be big sister!  She's 4ish now so starting to settle out of her puppy stage.