October 2020 Moms
Options

Product spotlight: maternity clothes

2»

Re: Product spotlight: maternity clothes

• Options
    This website has the most amazing soft bras!  And they even come in bigger cups as well! 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Rena21Yes yes yes - totally agree with @anitamargarita_82! ETA: I bought nearly the same style regular nursing bras from Kindred Bravely and then Motherhood Maternity because I didn’t want to wait for shipping. The ones from KB fit way better and were way more comfortable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do any of you have the Kindred Bravely pumping/nursing bras? I have the Rumina ones but really started to hate them by the end of a year of pumping at work (plus they are worn about). Just wondering if the Kindred ones are worth it?
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 I don’t have them but a girlfriend of mine has the pumping bras.  She likes them quite a bit. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 Yes! I have one from the first run. Unfortunately I bought according to my size before the baby was born, and once my milk came in it was too small (and I think this may have caused my bout of mastitis. But I am planning to try again in a larger size once this baby is born. 
  • Options
    Rena21Rena21 member
    thank you!!! They’re all so reasonably priced too. Definitely ordering a few. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Where do you recommend for getting maternity leggings? Motherhood Maternity online has exactly 0 pairs in my size... ETA: PinkBlush has 1 pair in my size, I tried them and didn’t like the cut (leggings should not have loose ankles!).
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I have a couple pairs from the gap that I like. They are both full panel. One is a regular legging and the other is Gapfit. They have narrow ankles and aren’t see-through. 
  • Options
    Good luck with Gap right now.  I had an order with them that said it would take 3-4 weeks to ship.  The day it was supposed to be delivered I got an email from Gap saying due to covid stuff they had no new estimated delivery date.  So I cancelled my order and ordered curbside pick up at Target.  
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I love Zella leggings normally, and my mom ordered me a maternity pair. They're not the cheapest (I don't know how much maternity ones are, I've never looked) but they're amazing. They're from Nordstrom.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @babycakesday I'm a SF stylist and I will tell you that we have very very limited plus maternity pieces. It's worse with the delays right now, but we don't have much normally. We have some plus pieces that can be worn for 1st and 2nd tri but they're not techincally maternity styles. Our maternity inventory is on the lighter side usually anyway and there are so many people scheduling Fixes right now that it's feeling extra tight all over. 

If anyone has any Stitch Fix questions you can always ask me :) I promise to be honest. 
  • Options
    @themoonandme I love you guys.  Honestly, StitchFix is pricier than I normally buy - I rarely get things from places that aren't secondhand.  But the quality is really nice and my stylist (I've kept the same one for about 6 months now) really has a handle on what I like.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman I'm so glad! I know a lot of people have hit and miss experiences with different stylists and different expectations, so I love hearing that you like it and have a great stylist!
  • Options
    @themoonandme for all I know, you're my stylist lol
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman lol it's possible! I have been wondering if I've styled anyone in here, there have been a few clients lately with October due dates that make me curious!
  • Options
    @themoonandme I just scheduled one for May 22nd so you could be mine too lol! I haven’t had a fix for a while.
  • Options
    amapa20amapa20 member
    This is a fun topic...I got into SF last year, only did two fixes, but I really enjoyed it. I also usually buy cheapo clothes but it's fun to at least try on some different fashions. Then I got pregnant, and can't imagine spending that much on maternity clothes I'll only be able to wear for a few months - although I was planning on getting fixed for a few weddings this year, but now of course they're postponed. And I rarely go out.

So, if I were to decide to treat myself to a maternity fix, what has anyone particularly enjoyed getting/thought was worth the money? @themoonandme with the limited inventory is it even likely to get a particular request granted?
  • Options
    @amapa20 it depends on how specific your request is! Shorts have been really tight lately. I think we are getting more dresses in this week and next, and we have had some decent knit top options lately. But, things could all change (for better or worse) within a day, depending on how many Fixes are ordered and how many come back to the warehouses. The less specific of a request that you have right now, the more likely it is that we can find something (so a knee length dress instead of a blue floral knee length dress that's fitted). 
  • Options
    @amapa20 During my last pregnancy, I received this dress (pictured below) which was great during pregnancy and great for nursing/pumping, and doesn’t look maternity-ish while you’re not pregnant. As frequently as I wore it, it still looks like new and is hanging in my closet waiting for the day it can be worn again. 🤣 I also got a pair of black maternity leggings that I’ve basically been wearing every day since “lockdown,” and probably once a week before that, even while not pregnant I am really wishing I had a second pair!

• Options
    @amapa20 my fix shipped today so I’ll let you know how it goes! 
  • Options
    Had to share because I felt these are ah-mazing
    and well worth the price tag (expensive to me but worth it). They’re from Belly Bandit and called “Thighs Disguise” $39.99. 

It has been so hot out so all I’ve wanted to wear are dresses but my thighs rub and my pre-pregnancy athletic shorts that I normally wear under my dresses were just too uncomfortable on the bump. I was originally just looking for compression undies for after my C section and came across these. I thought $40 was too expensive but figured I’d buy one pair. Well, after one wear and falling IN LOVE I bought three more pairs!!! Summer hasn’t even started but if this heat continues I’ll be only wearing dresses and these will become daily wear. They’re so supportive on my bump and don’t feel like I’m wearing anything else. 
  • Options
    @mammatoomc I have some similar ones that I wear with dresses! It seems like 90% of my maternity dresses are clingy, and the shapewear hides my granny panties well that are all I will wear while pregnant. 😜 This is the one I have. I will say that I do think they are a noticable layer heat wise when it is really hot out, so maybe your more expensive ones do better for the heat! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008HS00M0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3, I also bought those and am loving them! 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    So as a sufferer of chubby thighs even when not pregnant I’ve always used deodorant on my thighs in the summer.  Works like a charm!   A couple of swipes down the insides of each thigh.  Good to go!! 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 ME TOO! Deodorant on my thighs is an always for me (even in the middle of winter) when I wear dresses, skirts or short shorts... I've tested it through ren fairs and pride fests alike. Nothing else ever worked for me to prevent chafing blisters (literally the worst thing).
  • Options
    My stitch fix was disappointing maternity wise, but actually had some cute stuff that I kept anyway haha. 

I ordered a few things from Pink Blush and LOVE it all! Highly recommend. 

I need new bras, I’m growing out of mine. I’m thinking I’ll just order nursing bras and wear them now lol. 
  • Options
    @coldbrew do it, that's what I did!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @coldbrew me too! I wore one for 12 hours yesterday and it was comfy all day. A little weird to get use to not having underwire for me, but so nice! 
  • Options
    Any recommendations for maternity activewear tops for hiking? All I can find are tank tops and I burn easily so I prefer to wear short sleeves. 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    Reviving this to share these maternity athletic shorts I found on Amazon. Super comfy and the belly band is generous so I think they’ll make it to 40 weeks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kurtni thanks sharing this!! I’m ordering some right now! 
  • Options
    Motherhood maternity is having a free shipping and $50 off a $100 purchase today only! I got a lot of things from there when I was pregnant with DS and wore the tops after I gave birth. Like I was still wearing them when I found out I was pregnant again.
  • Options
    @wineren Thanks for the tip!!!
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 oh wow $20 is a great price!!! Wish I saw those sooner! I’ll be honest, I don’t wear underwear with these. They count as my underwear for the day lol. The extra seams from the underwear are just so uncomfortable. But I haven’t had any issue with extra heat and it’s been grossly hot here so that’s definitely a bonus! 

Ladies I have chub rub on the thighs too even without being pregnant. Deodorant trick works okay for me but what really works magically
    is the monistat chafing gel! I use it religiously in the heat- especially at Disney! My SO loves it too for his areas haha.