2nd Trimester
Options

24 weeks pregnant. Decreased baby movement

melc91melc91 member
edited May 2020 in 2nd Trimester
Hi all! First pregnancy for me and I'm a little paranoid...

I am 24 weeks exactly today and I'm worried because I feel like the last few days there has been minimal to no movement from baby. I called my midwife when I was about 20 weeks with the same issue and they said not to worry until after 28 weeks when they want me to start kick counting. 

Any words of advice and or wisdom to help calm my nerves? 

My next midwife appointment isn't until May 29! But if nothing changes in a few days I may see if I can go in for a heartbeat check. 

(No cramping or bleeding etc...)

Thanks ladies! 

Best Answers

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    melc91 said:
    Hi all! First pregnancy for me and I'm a little paranoid...

I am 24 weeks exactly today and I'm worried because I feel like the last few days there has been minimal to no movement from baby. I called my midwife when I was about 20 weeks with the same issue and they said not to worry until after 28 weeks when they want me to start kick counting. 

Any words of advice and or wisdom to help calm my nerves? 

My next midwife appointment isn't until May 29! But if nothing changes in a few days I may see if I can go in for a heartbeat check. 

(No cramping or bleeding etc...)

Thanks ladies! 
    You will not always feel baby, dependent on how its positioned. 

Please trust your midwife! She knows what she is talking about.  If you don't trust her advice, then find someone you do trust, this is her job and there are reasons why she tells you certain things.  

There is plenty of space for baby to move without continually feeling it.  At this point, if you feel any type if movements that is good, though it may not be consistent until 28-30 weeks.  There is no reason to go in for a heartbeat check - especially with all that is going on - it's really unnecessary.  If your midwife was concerned at 20 weeks she told you it's not concerning until 28 weeks.  

Answers