December 2020 Moms
Options

Fell down the stairs

So I fell down a few of my stairs today and landed on my butt, my foot actually went out to the side and broke a spindle from the rail. Luckily my husband was at the bottom and ran up and stopped me from falling all the way down. My foot and butt hurt but it could've been worse. I'm only 5 wks 5 days pregnant so chances of hurting the pregnancy are low. Anyone else have this happen? How were you/baby?
Side note: I slipped down a couple of steps with my first child and landed hard on my butt, it put my into labor a few hours later. However I was only a week away from my due date, baby was fine.

Re: Fell down the stairs

• Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited April 2020
    This early baby is still tucked behind your pelvis. If you are worried, call your OB, but as long as YOU are fine, baby is probably fine.
    I was skiing in early pregnancy with my first and my OB told me a fall isn't a concern - the worry is getting hurt and being limited to the interventions they can do to help YOU. 

• Options
    I just fell half an hour ago, I'm at 8 weeks and 4 days.. concieved after 3 yrs of trying.. and i am so scared i hurt my baby 😭😭😭 i fell on my knees and scraped them on the carpet... i don't feel anything in my tummy.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sforsunshine I would call your ob if you are worried. Hopefully everything is fine but it never hurts to call for reassurance I did when I fell with my first!
  • Options
    I just did.. waiting for a call back 😔 i am so scared.. thanks
  • Options
    Got a call back from my Nurse, she said if no direct impact on baby, no bleeding or cramping then we should be fine... i sure do hope so.. i still would like an ultrasound for my peace of mind..