November 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 04/26

How far along are you?

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments?

Any milestones? Or milestones you are trying to get to? (Made it to a specific week, heard baby’s heartbeat, baby bump, baby movement, etc)

What are you doing to keep any worries away? 

GTKY: What was your childhood nickname? 

Re: PGAL Check-in 04/26

• Options
    How far along are you? 12w+4d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I have migraine every other day. It's terrible and I'm trying to cope the best I can (peppermint oil, ice packs, rest), but I'm getting very frustrated. On a positive, looks like MS has greatly diminished, so basically traded one evil for another.

Any upcoming appointments? Friday with my OB; am supposed to get a call from them on Tuesday or Wednesday with my NIPT results.

Any milestones? Or milestones you are trying to get to? (Made it to a specific week, heard baby’s heartbeat, baby bump, baby movement, etc) Made my MC benchmarks a few weeks ago. I guess now, 2nd trimester is the next biggie followed by 20-weeks.

What are you doing to keep any worries away? Ignore them until they go away!!!! Haha, just kidding (but also kind of not). Whenever I'm worried, I really just talk to MH who is a truly reasonable person and puts things in perspective for me. I also am so thankful that I told my BFF (who had a baby in Oct 19) because she has been such a great help to me as well. 

GTKY: What was your childhood nickname? Lulu (still is with my family and MH)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks today!

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I’m feeling pretty good! My nausea is way better unless I don’t get enough sleep or see something unappetizing. Mentally my scan last week brought so much peace of mind. 

Any upcoming appointments? My 12 week appointment in a couple weeks. Next week I’ll go in for my NIPT testing. 

Any milestones? Or milestones you are trying to get to? (Made it to a specific week, heard baby’s heartbeat, baby bump, baby movement, etc) seeing a cute little baby with a heartbeat was a huge milestone. And knowing that second trimester is on the horizon is exciting too. I try not to wish time away, but honestly first trimester with pgal brain is tough to enjoy. 

What are you doing to keep any worries away? I try to remind myself that I have no evidence that this pregnancy is anything but healthy. 

GTKY: What was your childhood nickname? I have really never had a nickname. In college my now sister in law called me Scary Carrie. My name is not Carrie, but similar 😆. 
  • Options
    I know what you mean @surlyjaneausten , I've caught myself wishing to fast forward to the baby being born, healthy and all, but then I'm like, wait, I want to enjoy this pregnancy too!
  • Options
    Love the way you put it with the pot of gold @potofgolden ! Wonderful way to see it I will take example 😊
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    How far along are you? 12 weeks today

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I've been awful today. Can't move around without getting sick and just exhausted. My poor kiddos are not having a very exciting day, although we did make it outside for  a bit before I got sick again.

Any upcoming appointments? Monday May 4th. It's the anniversary of my nephew's death but it was the morning that worked best for my husband to watch the kids. So I'm just going to try to get through it and not worry too much that it's a bad omen. 

Any milestones? Or milestones you are trying to get to? (Made it to a specific week, heard baby’s heartbeat, baby bump, baby movement, etc). This next week is my milestone week in several ways. My MMC was at 12 weeks, May 3rd was that baby's due date, and as I mentioned it's the anniversary of my nephew's death on May 4th.

What are you doing to keep any worries away? I'm just telling myself to get through this week. My son's first birthday is May 8th so I am starting to think about his zoom cake smash party and the presents I need to wrap. Focusing on my children is what helps me the most. I'll be devastated if I lose the twins but I'm so fortunate to have my two little loves. 

GTKY: What was your childhood nickname? My dad called me Roxy when I was little. In highschool a few people called me kelk but mostly I was called by my last name in swimming.
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @dumbledoredies I hope today's appointment went well.

@potofgolden I hadn't heard that the baby after a rainbow baby is a pot of gold. I like that. That's a really good way to look at it.

I hope everyone's NIPT tests come back and are good.

• Options
    @kelk5 I don’t think it’s widely known or used to call the baby after the rainbow the pot of gold baby or golden baby, but I love the idea. This pregnancy is so much more enjoyable on an emotional level than Rainbow. 
    My husband bought me a necklace that looks like peas in a pod, with an Pearl -Angel Baby, Rainbow- Rainbow Baby, and Gold- Golden Baby. I helped him find it on Etsy😁!

I hope your having a good day, I know it must be a rough one today. Hugs.
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @potofgolden thanks. My parents had been strictly quarantining and so have we, so I took the kids down to their place yesterday. It was a good distraction for all of us. We couldn't get together with the rest of the family because they've had people going to work in their house. 
  • Options
    @mimser I’m late on asking but what does PGAL stand for? I tried to look it up and failed. I recall knowing but I am forgetting. 
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    @name1109 It stands for Pregnancy after loss !
  • Options
    @mimser thank you.  I couldn’t remember.  This is my 7th pregnancy...definitely stressed til I can feel baby girl kicking. 
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    @dumbledoredies I understand how you're feeling. I've been feeling similar while I'm on what seems like a forever wait for NIPT results. And before that, I was anxiously waiting for my 12 week ultrasound,  and before that the 8 week US. I know it's hard, but I've decided to celebrate this pregnancy, because I don't want to miss out and it's just not fair to the the baby. My fiancé said that anyway, if things were to turn bad, it would be horrible whether you invest emotions at this point or not. I'm not saying that I'm successful at this 100% of the time, but I'm really trying. I started telling a few people about this pregnancy and it actually made me feel better. And you know what, at some point the odds gotta be in our favor 😊
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your feelings are so incredibly valid and I think pretty normal (when I had a threatened miscarriage in my last pregnancy, I felt the same way). At a certain point, it's self-preservation. I'm really hoping everything is fine and you are able to get the reassurance that you need as soon as possible. Just know, there are internet strangers that are here for you and are rooting for you and your LO. Sending hugs and wishing you a peaceful weekend.
  • Options
    The words of encouragement help ❤ I want so badly to be excited about this baby
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies could you have a SCH pregnancy?  My friend had one with her second https://mamainstincts.com/my-sch-pregnancy-outcome/
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies Oh man, that is so hard and so unfair. Sending lots of love ❤ When is your next appt?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    mia80mia80 member
    I just figured out what pgal stands for!

@dumbledoredies I understand how you're feeling. My husband and I struggled with infertility and this is my 3rd pregnancy in the last year. The first we were sooooooo excited, and found out we had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. This time we're just so nervous about everything... It feels like we're missing all the joy everyone else gets to enjoy with pregnancy. I had an appointment with my OB this week, so I know baby was good on Wed. I told my boss that day, and have 'announced' at work... But now I'm worried I have somehow jinxed it by announcing!!! (which I know makes no sense). Anyhow, that was a longwinded way of saying you're not alone in how you're feeling... I hope your spotting goes away and and you can start to relax again 🍀
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies I’ve been in your position and it sucks!! Just know we are here for you. I hope that you can let yourself feel the excitement soon.