November 2020 Moms

PGAL Check In - Week of 4/19

How far along are you?

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at?
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: PGAL Check In - Week of 4/19

• How far along are you? 11w6d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Chemical pregnancy at 4w1d and blighted ovum ending at 9w6d.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still some fatigue and I wake up super early on my own now which doesn't help, boobs are a bit sore. I've been a lot more anxious as my 12 week ultrasound approaches. I really hope everything is still going well in there since the last peak at 8 weeks.

Any upcoming appointments? April 22nd for 12 week ultrasound including NT scan + blood draw for genetic screening 

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at? Any sales job!
  • @mimser same with the sales job! I worked at sunglass hut in college and got talked to by the manager for not using the sales techniques I was trained to use. I think my response was something like “I think we should just let people pick what they like.” 😆 

How far along are you? 8 weeks 6 days 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Waking up I usually feel hungover. I had a couple days this week where I felt fine and then I started getting in my head and worrying that because I feel ok I’m probably not pregnant anymore. It’s like feeling awful is reassuring in some ways. 

Any upcoming appointments? I have my scan on Wednesday morning. I’m so eager and nervous! I think probably everything will be good, but there’s part of me that is scared there will just be no development from my six week scan. 

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at? Honestly any leadership role. I like flying under the radar, I don’t like running meetings, giving presentations, telling people what to do. Even though I’m a teacher I’ve found my niche working with small groups. I could never see myself becoming a principal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    How far along are you? 10 weeks with twins, this is my 5th pregnancy

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.  1st pregnancy MC at about 7 weeks  that I found out I was pregnant the same time as I found out I was miscarrying. 2nd pregnancy MMC at 12 weeks but looked like baby hadn't grown since 8 week ultrasound. The MMC I ended up in the hospital because I was bleeding too heavily and starting to pass out. It was scary but fortunately the bleeding slowed enough with the meds and I didn't need surgery or a blood transfusion. 3rd pregnancy was DD and 4th pregnancy was DS. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Exhausted and light headed, some days are okay and others are really rough. Still worrying since I'm only at 10 weeks, I usually don't stop worrying until after the 20 week Anatomy Scan. I've had some nightmares about losing the twins and ending up in the ER again. PGAL brain really sucks sometimes. 

Any upcoming appointments? Not till beginning of May.

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at? +1 for sales. Also fundraising. Asking people to donate money or buy something is aversive to me. I could tell them about a charity or item if they were interested but then I'd just leave it up to them.
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks today

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. MC June 2016, had DS October 2017. CP December 2018, MMC at 11.5 weeks June 2019.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I'm ready for my appointment next week at 11.5 weeks. I'm going the exact day that I found out last pregnancy that baby had stopped growing. I'm nervous. I'm also ready to stop talking in the context of, "well if we have this baby then x, y, z". I just want to get to that appointment to find out if everything is fine and then be able to seriously start planning and be excited or move on. PGAL brain is effed up. I also have had very minimal symptoms which of course makes me worry that things aren't okay.

Any upcoming appointments? April 30th!

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at? Teaching. I don't have the patience to teach people when they aren't understanding what I'm saying. Thank God I don't  have any school aged kids right now!

@kelk5 hey high five! I also ended up in the ER from my MMC. Did you take the pill? I took the pill because I was terrified of getting a D&C because of the possible complications. We were at home and I got really dizzy and faint. Could barely get words out to DH that we needed to go to the ER. He got me downstairs and I threw up on the floor. He called my mom to have her come and stay with DS. We went to the ER and I was admitted but they semi blew me off. Checked my hemoglobin and it was a bit lower but normal given what was going on. The OB working the ER said she didnt need to see me and I could go home. We were walking through the hospital back to my car. Walked through the doors to the parking structure and I passed out. It was like 1am and no one was around. DH had to frantically find a wheelchair and take me back. They were insanely apologetic. The OB wouldn't stop apologizing. They checked my hemoglobin again and it had dropped a ton. I couldnt even sit up without my heart rate skyrocketing and BP plummeting. Luckily everything resolved on it's own and I stayed I think .8 in hemoglobin above the transfusion level. But the entire experience was traumatic. I have no idea what I would do if I had another MMC because the pill terrifies me but so does a D&C 😫
  • @surlyjaneausten we'll be appointment buddies on Wednesday morning 🤞 2 days to go...

@dumbledoredies I'm also so ready to stop saying things like "If everything goes well [...].
  • @mimser hoping everything goes well 🤞🏻🤞🏻

@dumbledoredies that all sounds awful. I’m sorry you had to go through that!
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @dumbledoredies hey ER buddy! I didn't take the pill, we let it happen naturally. I had started spotting bright red blood with a bit of tissue and went in for an ultrasound. Since the spotting started we decided to let it happen naturally, it took 6 days. I wish I would have done a D&C. But yeah the whole experience was awful although to get through it my husband and I were joking around in a morbid fashion. When my nephew was little one of his first phrases was "bugs everywhere" "window, bugs" "car, bugs" "everywhere bugs." He was so amazed at the bugs everywhere on our road trip. So I was saying "blood everywhere" "bed, blood" "floor, blood." I was saying it the same way my nephew was. It got us through it and laughing a bit though I'm sure the hospital staff was wondering what was wrong with us.

@dumbledoredies and @mimser yes, to looking forward to feeling able to talk about it as if it's going to happen. I try to force myself to say "when" instead of "if" but I'm always qualifying with "it's early still."
  • @mimser +1 for being terrible at sales. We took over the family small/side business some years back and I thought I could do the sales stuff, but nope. I'm awful.
    @surlyjaneausten I'm a teacher too, and my Principal has been trying to convince me to sub for him while he goes on sabbatical, and I'm like NOPENOPENOPE. Administration would be one of the worst jobs for me.
    @kelk5 Those nightmares sound awful. I hate the pregnancy super dreams sometimes.
    @dumbledoredies I've just noticed that I'm starting to not say "if" in relation to this baby. I hope it comes around for you soon too!
    ---
    How far along are you? 11w5d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Early MC 5w, then MMC that resolved on its own right around where I am now, before I could get in for a D&C.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Better. Hearing a strong HB on Friday was great, and I really feel pregnant, which is helping. 

Any upcoming appointments? Phone appt next week to get NIPT results.

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at? Other than sales and administration? I think driving a bus would just be the worst thing I could imagine. So stressful! Traffic, driving, being responsible for all those people! It makes me break out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• How far along are you? 11w+5

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. MMC 10w 2/19, MC 10w 6/19 D&C on both

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Actually, feeling pretty good especially since my NT on Friday went really well.

Any upcoming appointments? 5/1 for an US and exam with the OB. I'll have a call from my OB to discuss NIPT results before then, I believe. 

GTKY: What is a job that you'd be terrible at? Engineer or architect. I'm a lifelong sales person - so I guess, I'm the exception to everybody thinking they'd be terrible at sales.

@hedgepig I'd also be awful at driving a bus. Too big.
    @dumbledoredies Hi! I remember you from the Jan 2020 BMB. Glad to see you here! 
  • @hedgepig I think I would like driving people around. As long as they were nice. Which they probably arent. 

@laurenmicheley I remember you as well! Apparently our friendship is meant to be 😜
  • @mimser Saw your pic - so glad your u/s went well. You got SUCH a clear view of baby!
  • Thanks @laurenmicheley 😊, it was amazing. And yes we freaked out at how clear everything was! 

Looks like things went well yesterday morning as @surlyjaneausten also got a good US 🎉

• @mimser yes! I cried like a baby when I saw that little heartbeat! Excited for your probable boy! We got the same odds at my 12 week ultrasound last time around!
    is anyone else doing NIPT testing? My doctor told me to get it done in two weeks. I’m excited to be able to hopefully get some peace of mind about baby’s health. 
  • @surlyjaneausten I opted out of the NIPT testing with my son and will probably opt out this time as well. Negative results wouldn't change my approach to the pregnancy. I know that for some people they would want to know if something may be wrong asap but since the results arent a 100% guarantee I think it would cause me more anxiety then good!
  • @surlyjaneausten Yes, I had NIPT done and am waiting on results. I should get them by next Tuesday; FX that they are consistent with our NT scan result. It's cool that your u/s tech was able to give you odds on gender, mine wasn't, but we will know so soon because of the NIPT.
  • @surlyjaneausten We got ours done a week ago and will get our results on Wednesday. For us, the peace of mind that things look good is important, and if something was wrong we'd want to know asap so as to do additional testing/know what to expect/prepare medically.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @surlyjaneausten I will actually also have NIPT done on Monday after a moderate risk result on the other type of non-invasive test I had done. 

I wish it turned out low risk for peace of mind, but the rational part of me understands that it's still a low risk. If I would have gone with the standard testing here I would have fallen in the low risk category so basically this is what you pay for, more certainty.
  • @mimser oh that is stressful. I hope everything turns out well. Keep us updated. 
  • Thank you I will, we should get the NIPT result in about 10 days from now. But yes a bit stressful, but I'm really close to low risk (0,01% from low risk...) so just focusing on that at the moment. There's a lot more chance everything is fine than anything else.