October 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 4/17/20

Flame free Friday confessional.

Share 'em.  No shaming, no blaming.

I'll start.  I'm really contemplating snagging just a little takeout sashimi on the way home from work on M or W.  I want raw tuna soooo bad. The boy person is a Nazi about keeping me away from the "pregnant no no" foods and would give me grief to no end, so it would totally have to be an Eat of Shame in my car.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: FFFC 4/17/20

• Options
    Screen-time hours in my house are going up exponentially every day that passes. And while I’ve always tried to maintain a healthy yet flexible balance as far as that’s concerned I truly dgaf these days. My only regret is that the 13 month old could care less about tv/apps yet. 
  • Options
    Omg @JLaVO888 my kid has been watching so much TV. I used to be hardcore about only 30-60 min a day, but quarantine and trying to work from home has thrown that out the window. I just keep telling myself she's learning words from it, and there's literally no other way for me to survive right now.

Here's mine--I'm 95% sure my kid is ready to potty train (she tells me when she's pooping, brings me a new diaper and says "wet", etc), and even though I will never have this much time at home with her again, I just have zero energy or effort to take that on. Is it wrong to hope she just trains herself? My mom says I did... 🤷
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD love movies and always gets really into the plots and characters and can retell the stories with tons of detail so I tell myself that’s all some good leaning lol. I try to stick to more movies than dumb tv shoes but lately I don’t even care about that either. Nick jr for the win so I can work. Most of my apps are letters and sounds and counting and she does love those. 

Potty training is emotional so I see exactly why you would want to avoid it right now. It’s draining to support their emotions and keep your own emotions in check when they piss on the floor or pants for the 839427 time or refuse to actually sit on the pot for more than 2 seconds.  DD was easy to train too for the most part but I wouldn’t want to add that stress to quarantine stress. My temper is shorter than usual right now. And her emotions higher. 

I dk about potty training herself though haha! I’ll send some good vibes for that! 
  • Options
    I have been sitting in my chair watching TV waaaaay too much this week and should be cleaning my house. But today I’ve been overly emotional since they cancelled school for the rest of the year and I don’t get to say goodbye officially to my preschoolers. So that’s my excuse today 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @mamahosch They called the whole year for our state a few weeks ago too. And I’m not going back to teaching next year. Makes me sad to think I will not even get to see them next year to hug them. This is also the first class I didn’t get to share being pregnant with. I love their little hugs with their heads on my belly. 
  • Options
    I ate raw cookie dough tonight 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    It is not Friday anymore but...

I am currently delaying getting out of bed, leaving hubs to feed the toddler, because I am mad at him. I am majorly craving a donut from my favorite donut place but he doesn’t want to go out because “we’re at the height of the outbreak.” He’s normally very willing to cater to my pregnancy cravings so this feels like a double-betrayal. I know it is petty and silly, but...that’s where we are this morning. 
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason The post is good all week.  Confess away!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.