Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 4/16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: WTO Thursday 4/16

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 10/6

CD: 23

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, currently NTNP

R/R: I bought my ukulele last night! There was an issue with the site that made it look like I was getting an error message after I hit complete purchase though and I accidentally bought 4 ukuleles 🙃. So I've got to call customer service as soon as they open today and try to cancel 3 of those orders. I also emailed for good measure. I'm super excited for my new ukulele though! It's a tenor ukulele and made of mahogany and beautiful! I can't wait for it to get here.

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 Congrats on the new uke! What brand is it? That is too funny that you have to cancel the other 3 you bought—hope it turns out to be super easy to do! 
    @inthewoods23 Woohoo for those ovaries hearing the alarm & jumping out of bed! Your Office gif cracked me up! YH better know what’s up tonight👍🏽😄

Month/Cycle: 23/who knows

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: So many supplements & meds, getting hard to choke ‘me down. (28 pills daily) Adding some goodies to the regimen & crossing everything that it leads to success! 

R/R: Rant: Had such a huge disappointment in my work project that I can’t even talk about it.😭 Rave: Had a lovely quarantine birthday celebration for DH. 

CS/Q: Not yet
  • Options
    legallykatelegallykate member
    edited April 2020
    @gingermama29 That ukulele is beautiful! I hope you just get one and not four  :D  

@inthewoods23 Yay for positive OPK! 

Month/Cycle: 5/5
    CD: 2
    WAYDTGKU: Honestly not sure at this point. May sit this cycle out and just track my LP for data purposes unless my doctor is willing to prescribe progesterone without an in person visit.
    R/R: Having a rough time with the no baby in 2020 finality. I'm such a planner and we had waited and planned for when it made the most sense with work, and I naively thought 4 chances would be plenty. As much as I want to keep trying, having one at the start of 2021 is not great logistically so I'm really torn. I have a big conference call with my firm today to discuss the economy and everything so that could play a role as well, if my job is not secure I need to just call it for now.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @gingermama29 congrats on a new ukulele! It's beautiful!

@keikilove sorry to hear your work project was disappointing! That sucks
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @keikilove Boo about your work project. Damn that is a ton of vitamins, hope they do the trick!
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @gingermama29 that ukulele is so pretty!
    @inthewoods23 ha! i basically demanded that DH and i DTD yesterday.  i said to him to just imagine that once i get KU again he wont have to listen to me nag anymore. 
    @keikilove glad to hear bday celebrations were a success! and hopefully the vitamins do their job!
    @legallykate sorry about not hitting 2020.  just so hard to plan out things 9mos in advance and know if the timing is right. hope you get some clarity

Month/Cycle: 4/3
    CD: 14
    WAYDTGKU: prenatals, opks, temping
    R/R: ugh my allergies are acting up again, so that means i am going to brave the store today for some new meds.  i was holding off until next grocery run, but i guess i'll just bump everything up til today.  i also have a Target pickup order that's been sitting for a few days (with paper towels!!!) so i guess i can go there too.  
    CS/Q:  today looks like O day so ill be moving over tomorrow! so a question for you ladies.  should i keep testing LH levels?  google says i don't need to but when i see other charts, it looks like people continue to? will keep temping but i feel like i've been messy with it because i've been waking at different times each morning.

• Options
    @asf0613 I do OPKs 3-4 times a day when they start getting close to positive and then stop 24 hours after it goes from positive to negative just to be sure the surge is over. 
    *TTC History*

• Options

@gingermama29 thats so funny about the four ukeleles. Hopefully it’s easy to sort out! Nothing can be easy haha 

@inthewoods23 go ovaries go!! I’m glad they woke up and seem to be beyond ready!! have fun!

@keikilove I’m sorry about your work project! Sending some hugs your way ❤️

@legallykate ugh I’m so sorry to see you here. I’m also entering into the time where this would be bad for work, but because of my age and how long I’ve been trying I’m just going to keep going and figure out the work stuff later. Whatever decision you make will be the right one for you though.

Month/Cycle: 17/19 including 2 benched. 

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Tracking CM

R/R: I have to swing by a client’s office today. They are so old school that they record everything in ledger books. I told them if they wanted to bring them out to me I would stop by and get them versus them taking the time and effort to scan everything to me. It will be nice to see someone in the outside world other than the Starbucks barista. However, I should be getting ready to go to the airport right now 😭. I am not really complaining - I’m so thankful to be healthy and that covid hasn’t hurt our area too hard (yet? Ugh). But man was I looking forward to this trip. We’ll get there as soon as it’s safe and this will be me haha 

CS/Q:

• Options
    @asf0613 one of the reasons for continuing to test is that you might have had a false surge - but if you’re temping you’ll be able to see the shift. Good luck in the TWW!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 that ukulele is so pretty! 

@inthewoods23 yay!!! I’m so glad your ovaries decided to wake up! Your gif cracked me up 😆

@keikilove 28 pills?!? 😱 holy cow! I’m sorry about your work project :( glad about YH’s quarantine birthday! 

@legallykate I’m so so sorry that you’re feeling so torn about continuing to TTC. It’s definitely not an easy decision ❤️ Hugs 

@asf0613 oh no! Sorry about your allergies making a return! DH had to sleep on the couch last night because his allergies make him snore like a bear!

@bows22 I’m actually so so sad for you and your Disney trip! How nice of you to swing by instead of making them scan everything! 

Month/Cycle: NTNP

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: HIO when we feel like (sometimes protection, sometimes not), tracking CM, CP, & BBT

R/R: I ran out of my anxiety and depression meds the other day and I’m feeling the crash from not taking them for the last few days today. Soooo dizzy! Also just still feeling torn if I’ll stay on the board or not after yesterday’s talk. Just so worried about offending anyone with my status. At first I thought it was only going to be a few months of NTNP so I wasn’t too bothered but now that it’s going to be a year+ idk how I feel. I think maybe I’ll finish out this cycle and then see how I feel about staying. As with yesterday’s post, please if anyone has a problem please let me know! Thanks for the feedback from yesterday (: 

CS/Q:  not feeling good today so I’ve got the open dot 

Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @legallykate @bows22 thanks ladies!  i will probably test this afternoon again and then for next day or two to be sure because im not so trusting of my temping.  should also probably order more strips since amazon is like 3 weeks out for some things!!!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 beautiful ukulele! I've had that happen to me before though, when you get an error but the order is actually going through... I recently ended up with three copies of the same cookbook for that reason, haha.

@inthewoods23 yay for positive OPK, go go go!

@keikilove 28 pills, wow! Fingers crossed that they do the trick though, and sorry about your work project.

@legallykate ugh, that's so frustrating! I think for those of us that are relatively early in this journey, it's one of those things where we know rationally that this process can take a long time, but we also spend so much of our lives getting the message that if you have unprotected sex one time you'll probably get pregnant that it's hard to shut down that kind of thinking right away. Fingers crossed your work call goes well and you get some clarity from that!

@asf0613 yay for entering the TWW, good luck to you! And thanks for asking about continuing to test, I had been wondering that myself.

@bows22 so sorry about your trip- we were in the same boat with cancelling an international trip we had planned for late March/early April and I definitely felt bummed out on the day we were supposed to leave. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, tracking CF

R/R: I need to get a more comfortable work-from-home set-up because I've been sitting at my kitchen table the past five weeks and my back is starting to hurt. Actually what I really need is a massage, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon, haha.

CS/Q: Nah.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    *lurking from TWW* 
    @jackie_dunny As someone said yesterday. I think staying NTNP is fine if you see an end in sight, or are transitioning after a benched cycle or cancelled cycle or the like, but if you get KU NTNP, you’re going to hurt someone’s feeling here who is actively trying. We’ve all been hurt by accidental or unexpected pregnancies, and TTGP is our safe space. 
  • Options
    *lurking* @gingermama29 I have a Luna Uke! I love it so much, and the tone is just stunning. I hope you love yours too!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• Options
    @inthewoods23 yay ovaries! I was dying at your Office gif. Definitely appropriate given your OPKs though.

@keikilove thanks, me too. I see 4 pending charges on my card though so I'm nervous. It's a Luna ukulele. Sorry for the work disappointment.

@legallykate I'm sorry you're finding yourself in that position. It's so difficult to plan things out and I hope things work out and you get some clarity.

@asf0613 sorry you have to brave the stores. Hopefully it'll be a super quick trip!

@bows22 ohhh sorry you're not getting to hear to the airport. Have you officially rescheduled your trip yet?

@jackie_dunny sorry you ran out of your meds. I hope the crash is over quick and you feel better.

@the_most_happy you should treat yourself to a comfy chair.

@ashaislurking oh that's so good to hear! I looked up a few videos of it before I bought it and was really impressed with the tone quality, especially for the price point. Plus I loved the design! I'm so excited! Can't wait for it to get here! 
  • Options
    @the_most_happy im set up at my ktichen table also (DH commandeered the desk because he has ~two~ monitors and im just working off a laptop.  i am thinking about getting one of those posture correcting things i always see advertised on FB because my back is killlllling me too!

@bows22 sorry about your trip!! were you able to reschedule without penalty?

• Options
    @gingermama29 Mine is the starry night concert ukulele from them. DH got it for me back in 2017 for Christmas. It's by far the most used out of the two concert ukuleles I own.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Options
    @gingermama29 that Uke is so pretty! You could keep them and form a band 😂 
    @inthewoods23 yay!!! Get some! 
    @keikilove so sorry about the work disappointment :(
    @legallykate so sorry to see you over here. For some reason the idea of a new year is really difficult but you are not alone! Here for you! Hugs! 
    @asf0613 target pick up/drive up is the best! Sorry about the allergies hope they chill for you soon!  Also yay for O day! Fingers crossed for you! 
    @bows22 I’m so sorry you can’t go on your trip right now that is so hard. I hope when Disney reopens they do it to “The first time in Forever” from frozen haha 

Month/Cycle: 7/11

CD:  7 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, tracking cm, temping, OPK, HIO, trying to lose weight, no alcohol this cycle. 

R/R: Took yesterday away for the most part just needed some space TW death mentioned :

We buried my cousin yesterday. It was so hard because we couldn’t be there and the funeral home tried to livestream it but it stopped working right away which was just devastating. My heart hurts so much for my grandparents who so wanted to be there. I hate quarantine. Get it is necessary but it just so awful in many ways. I will say it was beautiful to see the line of cars around them that came to support even though they couldn’t truly attend or hug my family. Grateful we will have a memorial when we can all be together.  Also just needed a break from social media in general to deal with my TTGP feelings and anxiety that reared it’s head with AF.

CS/Q:  Finally done with AF woohoo time to give the best effort yet. 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @ashaislurking I really wanted a larger one so I went with the tattoo tenor. I have an old Hilo soprano uke that I've had since I was about 11 or 12.  I've heard nothing but good things about Lunas so I'm glad to hear your experiences too!
  • Options
    @stillcozy so very sorry for your loss and that its hard to grieve during this time
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 woohoo! afternoon delight!  maybe ill try to convince DH for the same (though unsure i want to push my luck)
  • Options
    @gingermama29 Yay!!!  I'm so excited for you to get your ukulele!  It's so pretty!  Hopefully you can get three of those orders cancelled without many problems.

@inthewoods23 YAY OVARIES!!!!!!!!  I'm so glad they decided to finally start working for you!!  I hope you're able to get everything on your to do list done, including HIO!

@keikilove I'm sorry about the disappointment at work.  Sending you love.  <3 

@legallykate I'm sorry you're faced with a decision of whether or not to keep TTC.  We support you no matter what you decide and I hope you're able to find peace in your decision.  <3

@asf0613 It doesn't hurt to keep testing.  My LH surge lasts a few days, so I keep testing until I get a negative just so I know when I can safely stop HIO.  Usually by then, H and I are over the sex so often and need a break.

@bows22 Yay for actually seeing some people IRL.  haha  H and I worked outside most of the day yesterday and we got super excited whenever someone drove or walked by because they would stop (at a safe distance) and chat for a second.  I'm an introvert, but I am starting to miss some human interaction.

@jackie_dunny I'm sorry you ran out of your meds.  Do you have an appointment soon to get them refilled?

@the_most_happy I sit at my kitchen table when I bump in the mornings, but I can't imagine doing that for work all day everyday.  You definitely need a massage.  Could H help you out??

@stillcozy Sending you so many comforting and loving vibes today friend.  I'm so sorry for your loss, especially right now where things are so crazy and different.  <3

Month/Cycle: 4/4 after 3 years during round 1

CD: 3 (it's only CD3 and I still had to check FF...)

WAYDTGKU: dipping the wick, peeing on things

R/R: I got really angry yesterday.  It was like all the feelings of what AF means finally hit me and I'm worried that it'll never actually happen.  I can't talk to H about it right now and so I was definitely taking my anger out on him.  I got mad at him because I hurt his finger.  Ugh.  It just sucks.  I did get to spend most of the day outside in the sun, which resulted in a little bit of a sunburn.  It's supposed to be nice again today, so I think I'll stick to the shade of the front porch instead.  I finally hit a groove in crocheting my dishcloths and I'm staying fairly consistent in my stitching, so I'm excited to crank some more out today.  I'm going through the yarn I have quickly, so I'm hoping I can find more online.

CS/Q:  nope

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited April 2020
    @jackie_dunny I agree it’s kind of a long time to NTNP. I would do whatever you are comfortable with. And I wonder how much you will even want to post here if you aren’t really trying? So you might find yourself moving on naturally and coming back when you are ready. 

@the_most_happy I hope you can find a more comfy setup for yourself! I wonder if you can get an office chair delivered?

@gingermama29
    @asf0613 we were able to reschedule easily. The problem is that I don’t know when it’s going to be safe to go? So we chose June for now, but we anticipate that we will have to reschedule again. 

@sti@stillcozy I am so sorry for your loss. That must be so hard to not be able to mourn the way you need to. Ugh ❤️
  • Options
    @linzrunz ugh I’m sorry. I’m sure it’s hard not being able to talk to YH about it. Is he just really stressed with work?
  • Options
    @bows22 hopefully things are cleared up by June but yes, i would assume rescheduling might be on the table for you. bummer

@linzrunz welllll i just went up to test again and realized im out out strips!  only ones left in box are HPTs ooops!  so i guess this is it until my amazon order comes end of next week

@inthewoods23 nice!  DH always gets tired too and i second you that i am energized also too
  • Options
    *still lurking from TWW* @stillcozy I'm sending you so much love today! Take all the time you need to process your feelings.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Options
    @inthewoods23 H and I are the same way! I’m wide awake and he’s ready for sleep. I hate nighttime sex for that reason. I’d rather have morning sex. It’s a great way to start the day. 😂 glad you got some today though!

@bows22 he doesn’t like to talk about anything TTC related because of how obsessed I got last time we were trying. It’s something my therapist wants us to talk about in our next session because he’s taken the extreme opposite side and it’s not healthy for either of us. I’m just scared to bring it up because I never know if he’s going to be dismissive of it or not. He’s fine trying for a baby we just don’t talk about it. :-/

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    *Lurking* 

@legallykate ugh, Sorry that your over here now girl and that your having a tough time with it not being in 2020. Hugs my friend ❤️ Take some time for you and make the right choice for TTC. Do what’s best for you. 
  • Options

I just reintroduced myself so I hope it's ok I jump right in. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO and OPK's

R/R: rant and a rave I guess, it's been so cold here and we got like 6 in of snow on Easter so we have really been stuck in this house but it warmed up to 40 today so we finally got a walk in!

CS/Q: I got a super low reading on an OPK this afternoon. Idk if my pee was just really diluted or if I missed my LH surge. Last cycle I got my surge on CD 12 which was a day early so I'm hoping it wasn't even earlier this cycle. I will have to up my OPK's to 2 or 3 times a day. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Welcome back @krash_ I would keep testing it’s possible you have O’d yet. My last cycle ended up being longer and I didn’t O until CD 18 when the others had been earlier than that. 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing