Infertility

New Here, Waiting to Resume DE Cycle

Hi ladies!  I have been lurking for a week or two and wanted to introduce myself.  

My husband and I have been TTC for approx 2 years now. I am 35 and my husband is 36. This would be our first pregnancy/baby.

Our first fertility appt was in early Nov 2018. We thought the problem might just be on his end but after testing, my numbers were just below where they should have been. We have done approx 4-5 IUIs and tried one IVF cycle but I did not have enough mature eggs for us to move forward with the retrieval so we converted that cycle to an IUI. None of those treatments succeeded in a BFP and meanwhile my numbers (AMH/FSH) continued to move in the wrong direction.

After a short break from trying we made the decision in December 2019 to move forward with an egg donor. My clinic recruits all of the donors and coordinates their care. We had an option of selecting to obtain 10 eggs or all of the eggs. We opted for all of the eggs.

Donor's egg retrieval was in February. 23 eggs were retrieved and after PGS found out we had 5 good embryos: one female and 4 male. 

We had the first embryo transfer on March 17. We opted to transfer the female embryo first. Unfortunately the beta was negative.  This unsuccessful transfer was really hard for me because all of my life I had pictured myself with a daughter and now that seems next to impossible.  It's also been a rough couple of years for me in other ways, including losing my mom to brain cancer back on January 24 of this year.

Our clinic is currently hoping to start treatment again on May 1st.  The RE would like to do an ERA cycle before we try another FET.  Depending on when my cycle begins, the ERA could be in May with a possible FET in June, or it could be ERA in June with an FET in July.  For the most part I've tried to be very accepting of the challenges we have faced and the need to use donor eggs.  I have no idea what I'll do if it turns out I have problems with implantation as well.

I look forward to joining the low AMH discussion and cheering everyone on. :) 

Re: New Here, Waiting to Resume DE Cycle

• Welcome! There will be several of us doing DE FETs soonish. I’m doing one in June and there’s a couple of others on the low AMH board who will as well. I’m so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and your moms death❤️ It sounds like you have had a rough year. I think you’ll find us a good bunch to get support from, and a lot of us have likewise really been through the wringer with this and have lots of advice to offer. Have you been tested for autoimmune issues?
  • @lucyb1954 Thank you for the welcome!  I have not been tested for autoimmune issues.  I know that they are going to be looking at a few things during the ERA including whether my uterine lining might be inflamed.  I know that a lot of women who pursue DE who aren't successful with the first transfer have better success with the second so I'm continuing to stay positive and hopeful for now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I too am looking forward to a FET with a DE embryo.  My first transfer in Dec 2017 was successful and resulted in my little boy who is almost 20 months.  We transferred a 2nd embryo last Nov but sadly MC at 9 weeks.  My clinic is doing very specific treatments right now including FET's so I think I will be able to start meds next week for hopefully a transfer at the end of the month or beginning of next month.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I'm so sorry to hear about your MC.  That's wonderful that you may be able to start meds again so soon!  I will be keeping my FX for you for your upcoming transfer.
  • Wow, you have been through a lot! We have gone the donor egg path too, so def join us on the low AMh thread!

my journey is just long to type, so if you are interested, here is our story. ERA was the KEY to our success after a failed DE transfer!! There is so much reason to have hope.

https://youtu.be/twhJTtl2vIw

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 That's very encouraging to hear.  It's been a roller coaster of emotions but I'm feeling very hopeful at the moment.
  • Hi @laurelew. Im also one of the girls over on the low AMH thread who is also pursuing DE.  Im so sorry you have had such a hard time with so many sad and heartbreaking losses including your mother.  My heart goes out to you.  I am also pursuing DE and my Donors retrieval was right around the same time as yours, but we did ours in Prague.  We only got 2 embryos... and they were not PGS tested. The first transfer failed and now we cant go back for the next transfer as Czech closed their borders.  So Im in the same boat, but my next transfer may not be till the summer or fall with how bad our numbers are here in the states....czech will likely not allow Americans in to their country for quite some time.  Its a frustrating process for sure and it definetly teaches us to let go of control and have a lot of patience.   Hop on over to the low AMH thread as well....along with @JamieH2000 and @lucyb1954, there are so many amazing women in various stages of their journeys....most with DE, who are so incredibly lovely and supportive.  We are all here for you!  

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • @andreamm31 Thank you for the warm welcome!  When I was lurking, your story was definitely one that stuck out to me.