Weekly Check In w/o April 13

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):  

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to when quarantine is over?

Re: Weekly Check In w/o April 13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy Thank you so much for saying you had the same baby movement systems. It just confirms that I am not crazy! Lol
  • Options
    @whl1013 We room shared for the first 6 or 7 months (I think, timelines start to get fuzzy after a while!) because some studies show it reduces the chance of SIDS. I haven't looked into the research on this in a long time and as with many things surrounding SIDS, so much is unknown. But I sort of presented it to DH as "this is what we must do as long as we can stand it" and we never looked back. We definitely all slept better once the baby moved out, but unfortunately I suspect less restful sleep is part of what makes room sharing beneficial from a safety perspective.

@rivercitynik WHY have I not looked into online prenatal yoga before now?? I wasn't doing it beforehand because (i) high cost and (ii) inconvenient schedules, but both of these things have now improved so much!
  • Options
    Thank you @maelove and @emiliadkay for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it. It’s always helpful hearing how other couples navigated that. My husband is pushing to start out in the crib in the nursery (the nursery is actually an annex off our master, so it’s really not in a totally different space), but I’m leaning towards staring off in a bassinet closer to our bed. I have some convincing to do to get my husband on board :)

@rivercitynik and @emiliadkay, I’ve been using the Down Dog app for prenatal yoga classes. I think someone else mentioned this on another board, but I’ve really enjoyed the classes so far — and it’s free!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  20+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We're still having a boy, we got to see boy parts on the A/S

Baby is the size of a(n):  Banana

Upcoming appointments: May 8 for 24 week appointment and May 12 for fetal echo.

How are you feeling?  Tired, uncomfortable, amazed at the process of growing a baby. I thought pregnancy would be more glamerous though.

Raves/Rants: At my A/S last week we got diagnosed with persistent right umbilical vein, now we have more appointments to make sure everything is ok. I hope all will be well, the rest of the A/S checked out normal on the report.

Got to see baby's face and guess what he'll look like when he's born, his little feet were super cute and I wish I had asked for a picture of that.

None of my regular clothes are fitting anymore so I guess it's time to invest in some more maternity stuff (right now I have 1 pants and 2 tops).

Questions: is it normal to feel fetal movement some days and not others? When does it become a regular thing?S it's really obvious that it's the baby moving and other times I can't really feel him.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to when quarantine is over?

Seeing my parents, going to the waterfront/beach, not being worried every time I leave the house. 
  • Options
    @whl1013 I would plan to have some sort of safe sleeping container in your room whether or not you intend to room share. At the very least, you will use it for naps. And as much as you try to plan, the baby will often dictate what you do. For example, if your baby wants to cluster feed all night you are going to want it in your room. But if it’s a loud sleeper, you may want to move it to it’s own room sooner.