September 2020 Moms

GTKY 4/13

(idea stolen from TTGP)

Since we're all stuck at home, why not daydream a bit! What's your dream vacation? Where would you go, what would you eat, and who would be with you? 

Re: GTKY 4/13

• I would love to go to Hawaii! It just always looks so beautiful. It’s for sure on the bucket list for me and my husband to do. 

I would love to try to try some of the local foods they have, see a volcano, watch the sunset on the beach. 
  • @ktholysz Hawaii is a great answer! It's definitely on my bucket list. My goal is to visit all 50 states by the time I'm 50 and I've always just assumed Hawaii will be my last state and grand finale (already have Alaska).

It's hard for me to narrow it down to just one because right now a getaway sounds so nice! However, last fall I traveled to Casablanca Morocco for work and I loved it. I would return to Morocco for vacay instead of on business. I would love to see Tangier, Marrakesh, Fez. The food there was delicious (amazing, dirt cheap pastries) and the people I worked with were just so welcoming and hospitable.

But also if I could pick another place it would be French Canada (Montreal, Quebec City, etc) and eat poutine. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to go to Ireland or Scotland, but I am the opposite of a foodie so thinking of having to eat other places is more than a little nerve wracking for me. Maybe pastries. And I would want to travel with my husband and no kids.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly... I don’t know. I’m easy to please as long as there’s a beach. I’d love to go to Maldives... Italy or Ireland would be neat, too! 

Being realistic I would be happy with Hawaii or just more trips to FL and CA! I’m also not great flying so the shorter the distance the better. :) 
  • Probably New Zealand. I would love to go to hobbiton. I like exploring vacations the best. I have a lot of ideas though! 
  • I think we're planning a trip back to Holland in the next few years, but our ideal trip would probably be the British Isles. I'm Dutch, British, and Scottish, and hubby is French, Native, and Irish, so we'd like to visit part of where we come from =)
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Vacation with JUST DH - Tahiti for sure. Went there for 10 days on our honeymoon, did the OWB and would totally do it again!

vacation with DH + kids, probably Disney World. We live 20 minutes from Disneyland and love it, but haven’t made it to Disney World, yet. 
  • Our dream vacation would be exploring England’s Victorian cemeteries starting with Highgate Cemetery in London. 

We’d love to go to visit my family in York (where my dad’s mother is from) or to Ireland (we are both very Irish). 

I like the idea of rocky Irish beaches but I’ve zero interest in hot and crowded tropical beaches. I am one of those gingers that has gotten 3rd degree burns from a little time in the sun. 

One day we really want to take the boys to Disney. 
  • @greyl I’m with you on New Zealand. I had a co worker who went recently and it sounded amazing. 

I would also love to take a trip with just my husband to somewhere tropical like Tahiti.  We have not gotten to travel much due to his health issues. He also is not a huge fan of beach vacations or tropical destinations but I think he would go to Tahiti with me. 
  • Oooh there are too many places to pick. Would love to do a no-expense-spared trip to Disney with the kids. Would also love to go somewhere (international) on the beach with DH. But I’m also one of those “take me somewhere exotic and away from the tourist trap” types. I’ve been to Kingston, Jamaica and Guanajuato, Mexico (two very non-tourist places) and loved the time spent there more than Montego Bay or Cancun! And don’t even get me started on historical themed trips around the world. So...I guess...everywhere? 
  • For a relaxing warm vacation I would to go to Bora Bora or Tahiti and sit on the beach and do nothing. But I have loved the traveling we have done in Europe, and I really really want to go to the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Man this answer is so typical of me, but I just wanna be in Chicago. I miss the city and the magical feeling I would get being there, I want my pizza pot pie and the Nutella Cafe and the yolk and pierogies, I miss it all. I'd go with my SO because I'm not sure he's ever been, and probably our child now (but would love if it could take a vacation with auntie!). We'd also eat at the signature lounge, I loved their steak last time I went and want to eat it again. But goodness I miss Chicago.
  • I’m hoping my friends wedding in Costa Rica in June can still happen. But I’m unsure it will- plus I’m waiting on getting DD a passport and waiting on my renewal so I’m not sure those will get done on time since they aren’t really processing them right now. I was really looking forward to this trip!