October 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In w/o 4/6

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your favorite flower? 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: PGAL Check In w/o 4/6

• Options
    How far along are you? 13+1 today! So close to second tri! 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Symptom wise, I’m doing ok. Still getting nauseous after I eat but I haven’t thrown up in over a week. 
    Mentally it’s all a mindfuck with this pandemic. I already have a high risk of preterm labor and if I am exposed I’m worried something will happen to the baby. 

Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow I have cerclage counseling and Friday is an ultrasound 

GTKY: What is your favorite flower? Red poppies. They are so beautiful and abundant here in England. They mean remembrance which I also love. I have a plan to get a red poppy tattoo with my daughter’s name in the stem once this pregnancy is over. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 11w5d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Not too bad.  Work now has me on a split schedule (partial telework), so I like that.

Any upcoming appointments? nuchal on the 14th, OB on the 24th.  I want to be off "pelvic rest" restrictions!

GTKY: What is your favorite flower? anything that smells good?
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12+2 today

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I'm feeling pretty good! Haven't thrown up in two weeks (knock on wood), I am feeling motivated to clear out old stuff in order to start working on the nursery. The room we're planning on using for the nursery was MH's man cave, and so we have tons of stuff to take down and put into boxes & rubbermaid tubs for storage. We have some good attic space open, but we're hesitant to put temperature-sensitive stuff (comic books, paintings) in there, so we have some decisions to make. Well, correction: MH has some decisions to make, lol. 

Mentally, I'm doing pretty well, too. Getting used to our new normal of working from home. I moved my laptop and work stuff off the dining room table (where MH has his work setup) and back into the office area that I used for grad school. I think it's good for us that we are working in separate spaces now, even though we're not far apart, at least we're not right in each other's faces as we were before.

Any upcoming appointments? I had my phone consultation with the genetics counselor this morning, and it was really reassuring. I'll go in this afternoon for the blood draw for the NIPT. Then towards the end of the month I'll have another US at 15 weeks, and then set up my anatomy scan.

GTKY: What is your favorite flower? It's a tie between jasmine and gardenia. Both are so fragrant! Thankfully, I found a lovely bath salt & body oil by Olivia Care at Target that is both jasmine & gardenia scented.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    How far along are you? 13w6d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My NIPT test had to be redrawn and the second one also resulted in too low of a percentage of fetal DNA. My OB said it can happen in people who are overweight (which I am) or it can sometimes be an indicator of chromosomal abnormalities. She said my NT scan was great, so that’s reassuring, but I’m still really anxious now.

Any upcoming appointments? 3-hour glucose test tomorrow, u/s Thursday.

GTKY: What is your favorite flower? I have always loved lilies- they’re so petty and fragrant. I also love how cheerful Gerbera daisies are.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14