October 2020 Moms

Randoms w/o 4/6

What’s on everyone’s mind this week? 
Also has anyone tried the whipped coffee? My sister said it’s awesome and I already put instant coffee on my shopping list 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: Randoms w/o 4/6

• Can we talk about these crazy pregnant lady dreams for a minute!  Every night it’s like some kind of adventure/sex dream/scary movie playing out in my dreams.  I don’t remember them being this crazy and vivid with my first kid.  

Also that whipped coffee looks really good.  I snuck out of the house before my husband went to work this morning and got an iced coffee at my local coffee stand.   It tastes like heaven!  

Anyone else using their quarantine time to get their gardens up and going?  I spent all weekend getting my roses ready for spring. I have probably about 40-50 rose bushes.  I’m like the crazy old cat lady but with roses.   There is something so relaxing about gardening and caring for them, because roses need a lot of fussing over.  I have lots of unique colored bushes.  Lots striped roses and ombré colored ones as well. 
  • @anitamargarita_82 we started getting our garden ready this past weekend, but none of our local greenhouses have any plants yet! I am so annoyed because I am ready now haha. There's still some nights with lows in the 20s though, so I guess we shall wait. 

The whipped coffee does look really good! Yesterday I had my first cup of coffee since our embryo transfer and I'm not sure if I'm ready to recommit to coffee yet. 

I've spent the morning picking out a CSA to participate in and now I am wishing so hard for warmer weather. I love summer so much and seriously can't wait for it to be here. 

• Loading the player...
  • I made the whipped coffee and it is delicious. It’s definitely a major treat since there’s so much sugar in it, but it was worth it! 

I’ve started some seeds (spinach, arugula, kale, lettuce) and my husband planted a crab apple tree and some berry bushes. I’m excited to get our garden fixed up and I can’t wait to buy some flowers to plant in hanging planters for our front porch. I’m really hoping to get the front yard looking nice this year since I didn’t do much last year with a newborn. 
  • We also have gotten our garden started. Unfortunately, my chickens ate the stuff we already started 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m working on planning the rest of our garden soon. 
  • We are starting our garden this week and I’m so happy about it. It’s my favorite hobby. 

This is the first time I’ve gotten my bump app to actually work in about 4 days. 
  • We desperately need to fix our yard!  I'm terrible at gardening so I'm jealous of you all!

@profmcgonagall the dreams are so INSANE. I don't remember what I dreamed about last night but I briefly did when I woke up this morning and it was so convoluted!

Y'all, I've been SO SO BUSY! I am thankful my job has been pretty hectic with some new clients coming in. I also have a side gig as a freelancer which pays so well but I'm still getting used to it all. On top of it I'm also about to take over a prenatal yoga class once a week, so...you can say I'm also part of the problem 😂 anyways, sorry for not checking in as often. I know this covid stuff has everyone struggling, so that's been a factor too.

• We need to get our garden in!! We need to till it pretty badly first though so that’s probably going to be a big purchase this week so we can get seeds in. 
  • I have no green thumb whatsoever. In fact my husband forbids me from touching any plant because I find a way to kill it. DH and DD are in charge of the garden outside and I hear good things about it. 

@JLaVO888 This happens to my app at least once a month. It’ll randomly log me out and not let me log back in. It’s so annoying. 
  • @JLaVO888 I gave up on the app and just use my browser on my phone. It seems to be more reliable.
  • I ate a whole can of green beans for dinner. That’s not weird, right? 😂
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @profmcgonagall totally acceptable. We are so low on food and my stomach is still being so difficult that I'm eating whatever I can find that I can stomach!
  • @profmcgonagall nope not at all!! I woke up and made egg salad for breakfast and ate it with crackers.   Tasted like pure heaven!  
  • @babycakesday Yes! That’s exactly what it was doing. 
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited April 2020
    Add me to the crazy dreams list. I had a dream the other night that I was married to my exH, and I kept screaming, "THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT! I DON'T WANT THIS LIFE!" in order to wake myself up. When I did wake up, I was so so thankful that this is the life that I have, because being married to my exH was a literal nightmare.

Confession: I'm in the military and the hospital they have me assigned to is about a 35-45 minute drive away (without traffic) and is a huge pain in the ass to get to - I have to take a bridge-tunnel to get there. So, on my way, I stopped at Starbucks for a venti iced passion tea lemonade and stopped at McDonald's for a cheeseburger happy meal with a side of nuggets. It was exactly what I was craving, and I was so happy I got it, but was a little guilty because I never eat the kind of stuff and I've been so good about staying home during the quarantine. I just knew that I was going to have a long afternoon ahead of me and I was so hungry at the time, so that's how I justified it. But, damn it was so tasty! I think the nefarious nature of it is what made it taste better lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Girls I have been craving Jimmy Johns sandwiches like CRAZY. But I see so many people saying don’t eat deli meat! And I can’t stand it warmed up 😖 
  • @mamahosch get yourself that sandwich! The risk of listeria is pretty low. 
  • @babyodo
    I sent H for Chick-Fil-A yesterday. Bending the rules a bit because we said we would not leave the house at all this week. Baby needed it!!

Well, speaking of dreams, I dreamt that Prince Charles of England was making eggs in my kitchen for a cooking show and he was being filmed...I mean...I am definitely losing it!

The slight, annoying morning sickness is still going strong. I have been craving bread with butter, jam and bananas and that has helped. My cravings are still all over the place. 

I booked my anatomy scan today for mid-May and they told me already, no H :( I hope things maybe change by then because he has not seen this baby yet "live"!
  • Oh my gosh. Now all I want is Jimmy John's or chick-fil-A. Might have to make that happen once my husband wakes up this afternoon. 
  • @themoonandme oh I think I just might 😂 my best friend has 3 girls and she said she ate subway all the time, and she works in healthcare so I’m getting that Jimmy Johns lol

@morethanamama @carrotsandpeas3 we went to get curbside pickup Chick fil a yesterday!! Best decision ever. 
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited April 2020
    @mamahosch - I think the concern is both listeria and nitrates, so it depends on the kind of sandwich meat you get on your sandwich as well as if you get it heated or eat it cold. I think if you eat in moderation, you should be okay, but I always err on the safe side and get my sandwiches toasted.

Side note: I stopped eating Jimmy John's a decade ago for ethical reasons. The CEO is a big-game trophy hunter, and usually cuts the heads off his kills (if he even takes them) and leave the bodies to rot where the animal's pack members will see it. That just didn't sit well with me. I would rather eat at Firehouse Subs instead.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @mamahosch I have 3 littles too and definitely ate my fair share of deli meat in each of my pregnancies. In my first pregnancy I would order the meat "on the side" and heat it up in the microwave and then wrap it in foil and freeze it for a few minutes to cool it back down lol. And now I want JJs too!
  • @babyodo I had no idea about Jimmy Johns! That's horrible, I've never had Jimmy John's but I've been craving sandwiches and I was thinking about ordering takeout, I'm glad I didn't. I really miss Jersey Mike's and Penn station subs 😭 I haven't found a good sub shop in Colorado yet. 
    Chick-fil-A is doordash-able though so I don't have to go out 😁
    Also I'm really envious of all you guys gardening and starting seeds, I hate apartment living so much and apartment living in this pandemic has just been awful. All our neighbors scream constantly. 

• @mamahosch I had Jimmy Johns last week!  It tasted like heaven.   It’s not like you’re picking up some random sandwich at 7/11.   Eat your sandwich and satisfy that craving.    
  • @kalesix3 Jimmy John's may be horrible, but so is Chik-Fil-A.  Chicken is not more important than LGBT rights. :( (not knocking on you, I just hate that people continue to eat there - money to them = money to overturn LGBT civil liberties, and as a queer woman it's a pretty important issue to me)
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman yup, I tend not to support them and I don't eat fast food much but pregnancy cravings are a different beast unfortunately. Picking my battles at this stage 😂
  • Everyone talking about starting to garden, I'm so jealous!  We got a foot of snow a week ago and our temps are still at -10°C (15°F for you Americans) overnight.  I usually don't trust the weather to be consistently nice enough for any flowers until late May :(  Trying to get some veggies started inside though, but there's not much yet for seeds where I'm at.  Not sure if it's just too early for the stores to start stocking them, or if this COVID stuff has everything backed up.

I usually stick with flowers but want to try some veggies this summer - any suggestions on what to grow?  I definitely want to do some green beans and some herbs but am not really sure what else to do, maybe some carrots? I don't have a huge space set aside for it, maybe like 4x8 feet or so
  • @morethanamama fair enough
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman oh of course! I don't agree with Chik Fil A's values on a corporate level, I never will, but my local restaurant hires LGBTQ+ kids. The reality is that short of everyone boycotting CFA it will remain huge and successful because they have good chicken and good service. I've never been treated badly there and I say that as possibly the most anti religious individual alive. As long as I can see my local place making a difference in their own way and providing everyone with kindness and good food I will still get food from them, but I have all the respect in the world for those who choose to boycott, we're all doing our best at this adulting thing and the complicated decisions ❤️
  • @kalesix3 Agreed. :)
    Current pregnancy -

• Since we’ve been on the subject of food today, I’ve been having the weirdest food aversion for the last two weeks... leftovers. 🤢 Ugh just the thought of eating what we made for lunch or dinner the day before makes me feel so nauseous, and i haven’t even had any morning sickness this pregnancy. Is this a weird aversion?!?! Normally we eat leftovers all the time!
  • You're not alone @mamahosch ! For me I think it's the smell, I have to smell whatever it is while it's cooking and I can't bear the same smell twice kind of thing. It definitely sucks when I'm trying not to be wasteful with food during these grocery store shortages, hopefully it's a short lived aversion! 
  • @kalesix3 that totally could be it. For me it’s more the thought of the smell maybe because it happens before we even cook it lol. 
  • @mamahosch oh totally haha! It's definitely an aversion even just thinking of smelling things! Lately I've been craving garlic and ginger like crazy but an hour after I cook with them I'm so sick my sinuses are burning and I'm gagging and I have to open the balcony door to air the house out, it's so bad 🙈