edited April 2020 in September 2020 Moms
EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a favorite memory you have from your childhood? 

Re: Combined Weekly Check In 4/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @raesky1111 yes if I have an extremely full bladder it will be sore when I finally pee. Combo of my bladder and muscles probably.! & that’s nice that you got to have that alone time with your mom even though it was for doctors visits! 
  • Options
    @raesky1111 not so much yet this pregnancy but that used to happen a lot with my last pregnancy. It's just because the bladder is a muscle and you're stretching it tighter than you normally would 😊
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @raesky1111 I always get painful pee around my 4 am trip to the bathroom. My bladder is getting smaller but I’m really making an effort to drink more. It’s so strained!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 17w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: check up tomorrow, AS on the 24th

How are you feeling? Stressed, bad insomnia, my back hurts on and off

Raves/Rants: my boobs are definitely getting bigger despite the fact that DS is still nursing from time to time. Hubby actually was the one who first commented on it.

Questions: 

After we moved to Florida, my mom, brother and I used to come back up in the summer for a few weeks to visit with our family. I loved that time, and I really miss my family.
    There was some drama a few years back so even when I get to go visit we don't visit everyone together anymore 😞
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 16w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green (however, my husband knows already...he knew when I was pregnant with the twins and didn't tell anyone either so I let him know this time...I think it helps him bond with the baby)

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Upcoming appointments: Had a peri and OB appt yesterday

How are you feeling? Great...it's strange, compared to the twins I don't feel pregnant at all

Raves/Rants: I moved to a new town 6 months ago and had established with an OB and perinatologist up here however, I don't feel comfortable with either of them and so I have switched back to the OB and peri that I had for the twins. Although they are 1.5 hours away I am so much more comfortable with them and the hospital!

Questions: No questions; just wanted to say that I was MIA for a few weeks due to a covid-19 scare (i'm a physician so we get exposed a lot) but luckily after my quarantine I'm fine! But I was confused when I started lurking again and we had one combined thread for check-ins...were the separate weeks not very active? I'm guessing this board in general is kind of quiet. 

GTKY: What is a favorite memory you have from your childhood?After my parents divorced when I was 5 by grandmother took care of me and my sister a lot (generally weeks at a time) and those memories are probably the best ones of my childhood...even though that was a terrible time overall. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @greyl That's a nice memory! I do Ispy with my toddler all the time. He loves "find its". ;) Hope you get some reassurance tomorrow!

@raesky1111 Totally get the painful pee. I honestly am peeing SO much. We have a new puppy and a toddler, so I'm always like "we all need to go pee!" every hour. Haha! But, middle of the night I find it is pretty painful. Second what everyone else says.
  • Options
    @linz36 Glad you are doing okay. The weekly check ins were merged because either no one was starting them or no one was responding. Even as one check in it is still a pretty small group.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher Your childhood memory made me happy because we own a lot on a private lake (someday we hope to build on it) and we love to be out fishing or playing in the water catching frogs and crayfish. My step kiddos were teens when we started going out there and they loved it they were like little kids the moment we would get there. I can’t wait to spend time out there making memories with my boys. 2 loves the sand and the water, such magical place for kiddos.
  • Options
    @beaandthebabes I love lake life! It would be a dream for us to have a cottage on a lake some day. The log home that they lived in full time was on a very small lake with only 6 homes all of which were log. It was such a beautiful setting.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear slightly painful pee is normal!! Was a bit worried but y'all have alleviated my fears!

I'm only slightly beginning to stress for September, I think if I start making a monthly checklist I'll be okay (things to do each month, supplies I need to have, etc)
  • Options
    @linz36 Glad you're going with the OB you feel comfortable with-- that's so important. I'm pregnant with twins this time and it's SO much harder than my singleton pregnancy. Glad you're having the easy one now, with twins and a pandemic. ;)

@Louise_Belcher I have the opposite problem. My bump is SO big compared to my butt. At least you're bootilicious. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's scan! Do you have boy/girl preference?

@beaandthebabes Glad you're feeling better with zofran. Have you tried high protein foods to help with the hunger/indigestion problem?

@cecelia12345 Your symptoms have let up: that's what 2nd tri is supposed to be about! But I hope you get reassurance tomorrow!

@emohay1988 +1 to itchy boobs, the whole thing. I don't think dry/peeling nipples are uncommon at all. You can put coconut oil on them, that should help a lot. Are you seeing a midwife?

@don@dontcallmeshirley1 High five to feeling huge, even if it is mostly cake bump. ;)

@angbaby83 Are you taking anything for your nausea? Are you on any meds for pre-eclampsia risk?

• Options
    @angbaby83 I was supposed to get mine today. I told them I didn’t want it since I wasn’t sure if insurance would cover it but I’m pretty sure she did it anyway because there was a vial that was separate from the NIPS kit, 

I got my NIPS today so I’ll be awaiting those results In the next couple of weeks. Did anyone use the lab invitae? 
  • Options
    @jayandaplus I have tried EVERYTHING lol with my last pregnancy I threw up at least once a day for 39 weeks plus the heartburn (people kept joking that my baby would be hairy and he was like a little werewolf baby when he was born lol) and indigestion. I guess my body just doesn’t love having a guest.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise the MFM doctor just said I would need a growth scan at 30 weeks. I am sure I will get to talk more about it at my 20 week appointment.  She said not to worry but I have anxiety so I worry about everything. I took baby aspirin last time because my doc suggested it given my history of RPL.  I know that it is supposed to help with preeclampsia so I asked the regular ob if I should take it this time around.  That was before the AFP results and he pretty much said “sure take it. It’s not going to hurt you. Doctors tell everyone to take it.” I didn’t get the impression he thought it would do much but I’ve been taking it. 
  • Options
    @cecelia12345 Don’t get too overwhelmed. The nice thing is that there are a lot of things you won’t need right away (and frankly a lot of things that you won’t actually need at all)
    You’ve got this and you’ve got time. :) Start with the basics and focus on one choice at a time. I like to use youtube reviews when I’m researching a product because I need to see the product in use to really figure out if it is what I want.
  • Options
    readytobemamareadytobemama member
    edited April 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 17+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate, foot is the size of a gummy bear!

Upcoming appointments: April 23 midwife, May 1 AS

How are you feeling? Pretty good now, I'm in a sleep routine now and I know what foods to avoid.  Have been able to eat an entire meal and feel good at the end for the past few days- forgot about how good that feels!  

Raves/Rants: We have been avoiding going out if possible, and have been accomplishing a lot of projects around the house finally which feels so good.  Next week we're hoping to get the baby's room painted and furniture moved in!  Another rave- sex is enjoyable again, was beginning to wonder if it ever would.

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What is a favorite memory you have from your childhood?  We used to go on road trips around the country to visit extended family.  I loved seeing all the new places and the hours of playing games with my brothers!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 17+0, 9/17

Upcoming appointments: Monday, 4/13
    I need to schedule my AS

How are you feeling? I've been feeling a lot of belly discomfort especially lying down to sleep. I've been using a contrived pillow nest, but I think I need one of those big U shaped pillows

Raves/Rants: I thought I could start dialing back on the anti-nausea meds, but as soon as I skipped a dose the feeling came right back. I haven't been throwing up recently though

Questions: none

GTKY: What is a favorite memory you have from your childhood? My family sold Christmas trees, and I loved running through the rows of trees with all my cousins and having big family dinners
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 09/28, 15+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Twin girls!

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange

Upcoming appointments: regular appt on 04/20. My anatomy scan is not till 24 weeks in June 😒

How are you feeling? Morning sickness is almost completely gone! When you are in the thick of it, the 2nd trimesters seems so far away!!! I have been having cramping which I don’t remember having at this stage in my other pregnancies but I’m also have twins and I feel huge and already feeling uncomfortable. 

Raves/Rants: this week has been really hard emotionally. We have a small house and I feel like we are on top of each other. It’s been raining so the kids have been inside. My 7 year old doesn’t want to do school work and it’s a constant battle with her. It’s driving me crazy. It takes her hours to do what should take maybe 45 min. I hate not having an end date to the shelter in place. 

Questions:  none

GTKY: What is a favorite memory you have from your childhood?  Going for bike rides with my mom and brother in the summer. We would ride out into the countryside and pick wildflowers and have a picnic lunch. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 17 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Upcoming appointments: 3 weeks US

How are you feeling? Great

Raves/Rants: 
    Sad DH won’t be able to come to anatomy scan with me. Will have to figure out how we want to find out gender. Have them write it down? Me surprise him? Unsure....

Questions: None

GTKY: What is a favorite memory you have from your childhood? Mine are all dance related and being with my dance family. My home life wasn’t the best. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:
    19+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    Finding out this weekend finally! 

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Mango I think?

Upcoming appointments:
    Just has my A/S today. Baby is WILD, but sooo cute. Even yawned for the “camera.” 

How are you feeling? 
    Good just kind of depressed and extremely anxious with the Covid stuff still. 

Raves/Rants: 
    I’ve been in a mood all day because there was a case of Covid at DH’s work. No one he’s in contact with, but it’s the point. I just want him home. 

Questions: 

I think, honestly, being picked up from school by my Grandpa and going to McDonald’s! Another memory that comes to mind is when he would let me spit my medicine out because I didn’t like the taste. Ha! Unfortunately he passed away from Cancer when I was 8 (he was only 49).