April 6th Group Ticker Change

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: April 6th Group Ticker Change

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 31 Weeks 4 Days, June 4th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): I have no idea. I keep forgetting to look. He just feels big. 

Upcoming appointments: 32 week appointment tomorrow and growth ultrasound on Saturday. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. My hips are out and I'd love to go see my chiropractor but don't  want to risk it.  Heartburn has been rough the last few days. But overall good, happy to be home to be able to rest. 

Raves/Rants: MIL bought us a new pack n play since I had gotten rid of our old one and our crib is at their house and we can't go get it right now. So I'm excited about that. 
    Rant is mainly I'm sad that I won't be able to set up a room just for him yet. We have furniture to move from the office and rearrange our room for Dh's desk but it's all so heavy, Dh can't do it alone and I can't help lift it. 

Questions: none

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? A salami sandwich and a big salad with lots and lots of blue cheese! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:31 + 5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team blue - 3rd time!

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut I think?

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for 32 weeks

How are you feeling? Fine - the benefit to being home is I'm not on my feet nearly as much as I would be if I was at work and I'm able to get more sleep.

Raves/Rants: Despite being home, I feel like my list of things to do is still super long.

Questions: 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? Cider - I miss a good, fruity cider!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 31+2, June 6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): 32 week baby at least. 

Upcoming appointments: I'm trying to schedule a telehealth visit with my midwife for maybe next week sometime. I'm not planning on seeing my OB again unless a risk factor shows up. I'm in a hot spot and OB has office at the hospital. Small ish local hospital with plenty of covid patients and only 4 elevators. Have a doppler, urine test sticks, and bp cuff on their way.

How are you feeling? My pelvis pain is increasing much too fast considering I was already unable to walk.

Raves/Rants: Rave - Yeah I don't think I have much here. Weather was warm ish this weekend, that was nice. But this week back to raining and lower 40s. Rants - my mom finally got thru her quarantine to she's moved in with us this weekend but so far hasn't helped with kids until after lunch...but I really need help from 10-3 to keep from being in tears just trying to get too and from bathroom.

Questions: There's no answers to my questions. But like, is anyone else figuring baby just might not meet any relatives for months? I actually like playing "please come visit me, bring us food, and here hold my baby for two hours" with close friends and family because my kids literally don't let me put them down, even to sleep, for a couple months. 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? Well - we have no alcohol in the house and no way to get any here. All the food I would insist on spending money on I generally won't have access to...so...probably just boxed mac and cheese. Because that's the option. This has all really got me down. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I was hoping to have a meet the baby party for my family but depending on how long this goes on that might not be until baby is a few months old at least. 

EDD/weeks+days: 29+1, 6/21

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn squash

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test and rhogam shot 4/16

How are you feeling? I'm exhausted. I am just so freaking tired all the time. 

Raves/Rants: My DS birthday is in about 2 weeks and I had to cancel his first real party with friends but I bought him one of those nice wooden swing sets and we started building it yesterday. He is going to be so excited to play on it. I was hoping it would be up by his bday but I think it might actually be up by Easter. 

Questions: 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? A cold deli sandwich and runny eggs

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 19 / 29+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments: I’m supposed to go in April 13 for routine checkup, but considering requesting a virtual visit instead. BP has looked great all along and I am feeling consistent movement so not overly concerned about hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler. Their office doesn’t administer TDAP so I’ll have to go elsewhere for that anyway. Can’t think of anything else I’d be missing out on. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good despite some pelvic pain after any significant physical exertion. Working from home has allowed me to get more sleep, which has been amazing!

Raves/Rants: Not sure if it’s due to quarantining or nesting, but I’m getting so many organizing/cleaning jobs done around the house and it’s giving me such a feeling of accomplishment!

Questions: None today. 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? A cold Shiner beer!
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail yes on the relatives not seeing baby front. My MIL was suppose to come stay a week but likely won't now. She's still having to go into work once a week and my FIL over sees maintenance at a health clinic. Their county hadn't had any cases yet, but had their first positive yesterday. If we had made it to the baby being born with no cases I would have asked MIL to come still. And my Dad. I'm devastated. My Dad lives in Montana, we live in California. He was the 3rd person to hold my oldest and was at the hospital the moment I called him. I'm so heartbroken that he won't get the same experience with his new grandson. He was litterly here every Friday evening when L was new. But then he decided to follow his dream. Darn retirement dreams. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 29 weeks tomorrow

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Upcoming appointments: Supposed to go in end of next week for an in-person appointment and TDAP shot. And then another video conference toward the end of the month.

How are you feeling? Physically OK.  Some aches and pains at night or when walking.  The weather finally warmed up last week and I went for a couple walks a day.  But we woke up to a foot of snow.

Raves/Rants: I'm having the occasional rough day with being stuck at home.  My grandpa died a couple weeks ago and his burial was last week.  It was heartbreaking not to be able to be there for any of it.  We were planning to name this baby after him anyway, so that adds a more emotional aspect to that.  And now he won't know. :cry:

Questions: 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby?  A huge cold cut sandwich, a real cobb salad with blue cheese and a cold glass of white wine.  Or a margarita.  Though that will come a bit later due to BFing.
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail - I've been wondering about family meeting baby too.  Actually, I've also been wondering if my husband is still allowed to come to the hospital for delivery will the 3 of us have to be quarantined for 2 weeks afterward?  Will my older kids have to stay with family for that length of time?  Since we were strict early here I'm hoping things are under control by then and my kids get to meet their brother when we get home.
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail yeah to family. My in laws have 4 grandkids being born within 8 weeks of each other, including my baby. They have already said they don’t think they’ll get to meet them right away which is so sad! I am worried about needing help, but we have to have someone to watch DS while I’m in the hospital, so my parents will, and if they are already watching him, then maybe they could help with the baby? Unless like @JessiBride said me baby and husband all have to quarantine after hospital. So much unknown still. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 29w 1d; June 22nd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Blue---Luke Abram

Baby is the size of a(n): I don't know, but he weighed 2lb 15oz last Tuesday so 3lbs ish

Upcoming appointments: No more till the end of the month at 32 weeks, then depending on my preference 34 of 36 wks.  I would just wait till 36 from now (and OB agreed this would be OK) but my Pre-Eclampsia reared its ugly head around 34 weeks last time and I delivered at 35w6d which makes me a little nervous to wait to 36wks to see her again. 

How are you feeling? Really good!!  This is the part of pregnancy I really like, I joke that I would be 28-34 weeks pregnant forever if I could although this time is a little harder than last time, probably because I have a 4 year old to chase around. 

Raves/Rants: Rant: Why must people lie about their symptoms...we have had multiple people come to L&D recently and not share with the 15 screening stations they have to go through on the way up that they have Shortness of breath or cough.  I'm like y'all I am not trying to catch the COVID from you...just tell the freaking truth, we will put a mask on you and evaluate you appropriately but don't expose me or anyone else unnecessarily even if you do think it is nothing. 
    Rave:  I have purchased all the baby things I need and they are slowly but surely arriving at my house from Amazon...also I am loving the spring weather we are having currently. 

Questions: What activities are all of you STM+ doing with your other children while stuck at home ALL THE TIME!!!

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? MARGARITA or a White Peach Sangria...I don't limit very many things while pregnant but man there have been some days where I have really, really, really wanted a Frozen Strawberry Margarita.  
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 I don’t even really like margaritas but I have never wanted a margarita so bad in my life!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 30 weeks tomorrow! 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): idk but he’s big and he’s wiggly 

Upcoming appointments: April 23 is a growth ultrasound, and I’ll decide what to do from there. 

How are you feeling? Tired, stressed, grateful, scared, emotional...pick your adjective. 

Raves/Rants: I have the majority of baby clothes washed, sorted and put in bins. Now I just need to get going on the other stuff and stock up on diapers. I realized today many of our stores are completely out of size 1. 

Questions: STM, assuming we’re still in quarantine when we give birth what are you planning to do with your older kids? Obviously someone has to watch them while I deliver. Thoughts? 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? Wine. All of the wine. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 28 + 4, June 25th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue for the third time 

Baby is the size of a(n): Can’t remember but big enough that I feel giant 

Upcoming appointments: Supposedly April 21st for a growth scan but things change on a daily basis so who knows

How are you feeling? Super uncomfortable, especially at night. Which makes sleeping a challenge. 

Raves/Rants: Rave:Got baby some diapers and ordered new nipples for the bottles cause we had changed them to fast flow and didn’t keep the old ones. My very sweet coworkers sent me Amazon gift cards because they had planned a surprise shower for a coworker and myself but obviously that isn’t happening any time soon. I will order any remaining items with that. Rant: I would love to be able to sleep comfortably. Sigh. Also still can’t land on a name...

Questions: Not any that anyone would be able to answer. For instance, will my mom have to cancel her flight? She was going to come so we would have someone to watch our older boys while we go to the hospital. 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? 
    I would love to have a nice, cold hard cider. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee my parents will be watching DS which was the plan before COVID-19 and remains the plan now.  They watch him a few days a week anyway and have since long before the virus so it wont really change much. Also neither of them are having much contact with the outside world currently.  I'm more concerned about my MIL who work in a hospital, states away, with a much worse COVID presence than where I live.  She had planned on coming down for 2 weeks when I deliver, but if all this is still going I'm not sure I'm going to be OK with that and am not looking forward to the conversation if I have to tell her to just stay there and she can see her grandchild by video chat until the pandemic has passed...
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee We are in a similar struggle. My mom was supposed to fly out here but we don’t know if that will happen now. We have no one else in the area and I wouldn’t be comfortable with anyone else in this current situation. I am sorry that isn’t very helpful. 

@JessiBride I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a grandparent is hard enough without these extra difficult circumstances. 

@ReneeJ2011 My 4 year-old has school work so we do that, but have also done a few other things. Today I put some shaving cream on the bath tub wall for him to practice writing shapes and letters. Both kids like to dance to Go Noodle songs(it is an app on Roku, iPhone, etc.). They also like to watch the Cincinnati Zoo Home Safaris on YouTube. We have also done various scavenger hunts(usually I have him find things that start with a certain letter.)

@hanshotfirst77 We have one of those wooden play sets and both boys adore it. It was quite a handful to assemble though! 

• Options
    I'm trying to figure out if any family will be meeting this baby before there is a vaccine. Like, baby might be over a year old? Idk, but we're in a hot spot, so are all of our family members - or they would need to drive or fly bringing them to unsafe places to get here. My mom will meet baby, but that's because she is living with us now. She had a full two week quarantine other than one very short shopping trip with tons of cleaning after before she was allowed in the house.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks + days: June 11, 30 weeks 4 days

Team: pink

Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointment: tomorrow. Hoping to find out if my placenta is still low or not

How are you feeling?: my back hurts so dang bad any time I try to do any activity

Rants/raves: ugh, I’m in a bad place. I’m hoping at the very least that we can close on this house and get moved in before baby gets here, because right now I’m still living by myself bc my significant other didn’t want to move in with me and then move again to the new house. I own my townhouse, he has a 17 year old son, we thought we would be in this house much sooner, it’s a whole thing. But literally everything in my life is stressing me out right now. I want my mom lol. But seriously.

Questions: none that I can think of

GTKY: oh my gosh so many things. Gestational diabetes has really taken an emotional toll on me. I have a low placenta so I’m on pelvic rest, I’m a nurse so stressed out, sweets were the last thing I had keeping me sane lol. I can’t wait for a donut, a Cadbury cream egg, and a frosty blue moon. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 25 (scheduled c June 19), 28+? days

Baby is the size of a(n): Some vegetable that kicks a lot

Upcoming appointments: My schedule just got scrambled so... tomorrow: OB I've never met and follow up Growth Scan, each 30+ min from home in opposite directions. Wed: Diabetes followup, telehealth call (phew)

How are you feeling? Physically: Okay. Hips ache, but a bit less now that DH is around more to be a toddler couch some times too.  Mentally: Stressed the eff out. Emotionally: Basketcase. But, hey, my numbers are still controlled so... yay?

Raves/Rants: Big fat angry rant at my medical group today. I vented about it in the appointments thread, but every time I think about it I get upset again. Trying to manage GD, the full time toddler, food/logistics for our household, and eek out any WFH hours is killing me. Rant to my parents who cannot figure out that stay at home means stay the **** at home for them too, and who also ping me mid-day while the toddler is climbing a bookcase and shouting "zap" to ask me to teach them how to use Zoom. Rave to DH, who isn't perfect but who sits down with me at the end of every single day of this madness and reaffirms that we will figure this nonsense out as it comes and we will be okay. Rave (is this what covid-life is coming to?) that I found two boxes of wipes and a box of NB diapers on Amazon and they should be here by May. We're screwed if this little guy is a preemie-sized butt again, but at least we have 120 newborn diapers on the way. 

Questions: Is anyone finding any helpful mental health tools? I work really hard on gratitude and I'm trying to at least start days off in a positive place (as much as possible) ... but that survives maybe until my toddler gets into full swing and at the end of every day I'm just so effing done with everything again. A friend linked me to an Oprah and Deepak Chopra meditation series, but frankly... I can't listen to Oprah's voice for 20 min a day. 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? I'm making myself a big fat gooey cinnamon roll since I can't get the ones I really want (they closed the sister location to the place I told you guys about before... and they baker/owner has also moved states. GONE FOREVER) And probably drinking. I have a few special things squirreled away for post-baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail DH and I are having the "who can meet baby" conversation too. Since my parents' generation is engaging in highly selective social distancing (rather than staying at home like they're supposed to)... they are not on the list. I'm also super anxious about the first month or so after stay at home is lifted and people start gathering in big groups... As much as I'd love a sip and see and to get together with the people we miss, it's going to take time to convince me that there's no second wave, etc, coming. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn @pourmeanothermocktail I’m also worried about when I can send DS back to daycare. I don’t want him bringing anything home. My parents have been great, and will do whatever I need them to do in order for them to be able to help and they’re local so I feel comfortable asking them for help. My in laws, probably not. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty convinced there is going to be a second wave and then the ups and downs expressed by many experts until there's roughly a 70-75% immunity from vaccine or having caught it. Ugh. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  29 + 4

Baby is the size of a(n): Guinea Pig

Upcoming appointments: April 27th for 32 week check in

How are you feeling? So many things - I'm starting to get down trapped in my house.  I decided to commit to doing a prenatal Pilates session everyday. My back is starting to hurt up high just from lack of movement I think, or maybe he's on a nerve. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: I love how many people are stepping up to make sure others are cared for in this time.  Rant: Why are their so many selfish people?

Questions: Anyone with cats - when did you introduce baby items to your house?  I'm wondering if we should set up the bassinet early so I can block them off and teach them not to go into it. 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? A giant glass of white wine!  Yes, I'm breastfeeding and yes I'll probably have to pump and dump but it will be so refreshing and I'll sleep. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    @horsesmeetbaby you don’t have to pump and dump! (Unless you are not comfortable of course) but every LC I spoke with said a glass is fine, and if you felt fine to drive, you were fine to feed baby. If you are nervous about it, I would time it where I would nurse and have my glass of wine right after, so there was a period of time before DS needed to nurse again. 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee that is great! I vaguely remember that my sister-in-law would just time it with her nursing. 

PS - All, I have started to set up the Facebook group for anyone who has not been on that thread.  We need two more administrators and a solid set of rules still, but it will take time to get everyone in there so if you want to start PMing me I will start working on it since I'm working from home with no kiddos.  (Dueling laptops between work and personal) 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    @horsesmeetbaby you don’t have to pump and dump! (Unless you are not comfortable of course) but every LC I spoke with said a glass is fine, and if you felt fine to drive, you were fine to feed baby. If you are nervous about it, I would time it where I would nurse and have my glass of wine right after, so there was a period of time before DS needed to nurse again. 

This!  Unfortunately my last cluster fed all evening, so I'm mentally planning on that happening again.  If not, I can enjoy my wine sooner. :)
  • Options
    @JessiBride oh man so did mine. I remember my very first glass of wine. I nursed, poured my glass, drank it and DS immediately wanted to nurse. Ok...I’ll give him a bottle. He refused it. Ended up nursing anyway lol. But I had a cluster feeder all evening...evening wine turned into afternoon wine when I needed it ;) 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 30 weeks, 6 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Upcoming appointments: who knows lol. My appointment on Monday was cancelled. Supposed to have my next one in 2 weeks.

How are you feeling? Okay. I feel pretty trapped but I guess everyone does. Pregnancy wise I feel huge and can’t even begin to bend ha.

Raves/Rants: we’re having our first grocery delivery for 2 weeks today. Cannot wait!

Questions: 

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? CHAMPAGNE
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee learning at our breastfeeding class with DD that drinking wine was totally okay while BFing was one of the best moments of my last pregnancy 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mariabelemariabele member
    edited April 2020
    DD/weeks+days: June 11, 31+1wk

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue. We do not have a name and, at this point, consensus seems unreachable. haha
    Baby is the size of a(n): Some large-ish veggie?

Upcoming appointments: None!

How are you feeling? Ugh, just tired and uncomfortable all. of. the. time. And I don't even have other kids! 
    (I REALLY don't know how you ladies do it, but big kudos to you.)

Raves/Rants: Rant: just the above, blaaaaaaaaaaaah. Rave: Hubby has been super supportive. :) It's not a surprise as he is a good person but still, you just never know how a marriage will be impacted when one person feels like garbage the majority of the time and can't pull their weight..... which is now literally higher. lol

Questions: None

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? Forget alcohol, I will have ALL OF THE TURKEY SANDWICHES. Deli turkey was my lunch, every day in some fashion, for years and years. I miss it oh so much.
  • Options
    DD/weeks+days: June 7, 31w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green! 

Baby is the size of a(n): I have no idea. We make big babies though, this one has been measuring about 10-12 days ahead from the beginning.

Upcoming appointments: growth ultrasound and 32 week checkup next week

How are you feeling?  Fat, tired, uncomfortable, and sick of peeing nonstop!  But trying to make the best of this quarantine to rest as much as possible. 

Raves/Rants: Rave:  we have been in quarantine since 3/13, and my two kids have been so amazing throughout it all.  I genuinely have enjoyed the days with them.  Rant:Not exaggerating when I say I'm peeing at least 20x a day. It was the same with DD's pregnancy... I slept better after she was born that I did when pregnant! 

Questions: I don't think any? 

GYKY: oops, I deleted the question....  I can't wait to indulge in White Claw, a huge Italian hoagie from Wawa, sushi.... And more white claw 😂

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love the common theme of PP alcohol and sandwiches. 
  • Options
    @JessiBride I think with everything going on we all need and DESERVE a biiiiiggggg class of wine (with a turkey sandwich on the side) 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Am I the only one who didn't give up sandwiches and who also doesn't love them?

I eat sandwiches, but I'm just not a sandwich lover. 

I can barely handle eating a cold sandwich anymore. The texture has never appealed to me. But we have a toaster oven so I make deli sandwiches and toast them open face and put them back together. I toast them just so the cheese melts and the meat grease hits the bread. I actually don't like cold cheese or cold bread...

Either way, FFSC - sandwiches (especially cold deli ones) are in my category of sometimes necessary but never fun or exciting food.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 9th, 31 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): an asparagus 

Upcoming appointments: The 20th, we'll see if they cancel

How are you feeling? Pretty good

Raves/Rants: I'm ready for life to get back to normal from the quarantine 

Questions: None

GYKY: What are you planning on indulging in after you have this baby? I'm getting a new horse and can't wait to ride again!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I am actually right there with you. I am not a huge fan of lunch meat either. I also don’t like cold bread and would prefer my cheese melted 😃
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I agree...not a fan of cold sandwiches and never eat cold cheese.  I've also eaten sushi a few times this pregnancy but i,also dont eat raw seafood either so I dont see it as a risk.  In my first pregnancy BlueBell ice cream had a listeria outbreak and we dont tell people to not to eat ice cream so I think a lot of the "foods to avoid" are a bit overkill...
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 Exactly! My previous pregnancies had outbreaks in granola, ice cream, and a ton of veggies. If I'm giving up everything that MIGHT get listeria - I might as well live entirely on processed cooked to hell food. Nah. So I'll eat most things, but I'm more careful about sources and food safety temperature stuff. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last pregnancy had that huge lettuce listeria outbreak. Luckily I had the biggest veggie aversion and hated the smell of lettuce. 
  • Options
    I know, I really shouldn't have given up turkey deli meat because listeria can literally be in ANYTHING. But apparently, of the past traceable outbreaks more have been linked to turkey deli meat than any other single source. Still not an indication of much going forward but.... sigh.

lwhrmomma where are you based? The wawa reference piqued my interest. I live in California now, but am originally from Philly. :)
  • Options
    I decided the deli meat restriction was silly-to-me when my list of suggested GD "snacks" included half a turkey sandwich. The list was specifically for pregnant moms. Made by the dietitians and doctors. And "turkey sandwich" and "ham and cheese spirals" were both right there. Clearly it wasn't a huge worry to any of them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker