Sorry this is late!

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are some things you and your fam are doing to keep sane during the long, sometimes boring, days COVID has brought us?

Re: J20 Weekly Check In - Week of 3/30

• Options
    Thanks for doing this @blaf322

EDD/weeks+days:
    July 16/ 24+5

Blue

Cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: 
    End of April for the 28bweek glucose test

How are you feeling? 
    Really good!

Raves/Rants: 
    We have been doing a TON of nursery prep this last week, so I've been super excited about that! 

Questions: 
    Nope!

GTKY: What are some things you and your fam are doing to keep sane during the long, sometimes boring, days COVID has brought us? Walking the dogs a LOT, painting the nursery and way too much online shopping 😂
  • Options
    Yes! Thanks @blaf322

EDD/weeks+days: 7/19 24w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Weighs as much as an NBA basketball. Growing some eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair this week. Praying that she get's my husband's eyelashes! 

Upcoming appointments: April 27th for 28 week GD test. @modoodles looks like we are doing this at the same time- let me know how it goes!

How are you feeling? Overall, ok. Been dealing with some anxieties along with a lot of other people during this time. Have also been dealing with some bad RLP at night. 

Raves/Rants: Lots of rants this time around; bear with me. 
    1. I have been wanting to pick up items at Ikea to finish the nursery.. need some shelving, bits and bobs, and a new light fixture. Because of COVID I'm even hesitant to order for pick up. Not sure when I'll get the nursery finished; this is the perfect time to be doing it since we are both at home for the foreseeable future. A bit bummed for sure.
    2. Grieving the potential loss of my baby showers that were supposed to happen in May. My mother-in-law had one planned, as well as my friends. Since this is our first, I'm sad that I won't get to experience this ('2nd baby' baby showers are frowned upon). I'm hoping that if we do cancel, that people will understand and still send us items that we need.  :s:'(
    3. Really missing my mother right now. With me in Minnesota and her in Maine and with all of this going on, I just wish she could be here. I worry about her quite a bit, along with my grandparents who are also in different states. If anyone were to get sick, I'm struggling with not being able to rush and be there by their side.  :'(

Questions: STM - any advice for GD testing? 

GTKY: What are some things you and your fam are doing to keep sane during the long, sometimes boring, days COVID has brought us? 
    1. Walking, this has been few and far between since we haven't had a good track record with weather lately. The past few days have been gorgeous though so have gotten out multiple times
    2. Working
    3. Cautiously baked some brownies, and delivered to friends' doorsteps (ding dong ditch! and lots of hand-washing, sanitizing)
    4. Re-watching Game of Thrones
    5. Reading
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/17 24+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Monday! 

How are you feeling? Anxious. Physically fine 

Raves/Rants: I’m equally bored to tears but not doing anything. As DH says I could start tackling the big spring cleaning checklist I made but the intent wasn’t to do that alone? I also want to start doing nursery stuff just so I can feel like I’m doing SOMETHING, especially now that we won’t have any showers, but I’m waiting till the registry discounts kick in in May. Basically I’m just irritable and depressed and hate everything about this situation for everyone. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are some things you and your fam are doing to keep sane during the long, sometimes boring, days COVID has brought us? Clearly not much based on my rant above lol. We’ve been spending more time outside when the weather has been nice, like eating on our deck or having a drink on our front porch. That’s honestly about it and I’m going to steal some other people’s ideas 

@shaqn0sis girl, I’m right there with you. Totally grieving the loss of all the typical first pregnancy experiences, especially since that’s the one everyone typically celebrates and supports you though. I don’t know what I would do without everyone going through the same thing on TB and for the support of a few friends/ family members checking in on me. Then I feel stupid and selfish because I know people whose treatment cycles got canceled etc but it is what it is. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:
    July 20, 24 weeks and some change. 

Pink!

Cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: 
    I just with my glucose test at 24 weeks. Everything came back great. Next check up is at the end of April. 

How are you feeling? 
    Yesterday, I woke up feeling off. Then, I cried twice. I Was watching the Good Doctor and started balling my eyes out thinking about all the people who will probably die because of this virus. Later, I told my husband that I cried and when he asked why, I started balling again. Like ugly crying. But I was also laughing because I know how ridiculous I’m being. 

Today, I’ve had pains in my stomach and just feel really run down, exhausted, and just off. 

Raves/Rants: 
    I’m a little annoyed with my coworkers. I’m a teacher, and we are attempting some distance learning right now. I just feel like some of them are expecting entirely too much from students and parents right now. They are frustrated that not many students have turned in assignments. I’m frustrated that they’re expecting most of their students to have turned in work when we literally just assigned stuff MONDAY. I keep reminding them that theirs is NOT the only assignment the student has to complete, and that they are probably sharing devices with their parents and other siblings. Like, relax...it’s going to be ok. But also, how about you not assign students a ton of work each week KNOWING these factors?

Questions: 
    I can’t have a baby shower because of everything that is happening in the world right now, but I could still really use my friends and families help with some things on my registry. Is it rude to send a message with my registry link and make it perfectly clear that nothing is expected but would be enthusiastically welcomed? What’s the best way to tackle this? When should I post something like that knowing that Amazon is completely backed up with other priority packages right now? Most stuff says it won’t even ship until April 30.

We walk the dogs a lot. I’ve been playing Trivia Crack, Words with Friends, and Candy Crush a lot. I’m also reading Bringing Up BeBe. 
  • Options
    @shaqn0sis- good luck on the 28th, I just checked and I go in on the 24th for my GD test. My doctor said to go ahead and take prenatals and my thyroid medication as usual, and that it's not a fasting test, but she also wouldn't suggest eating 3 snickers bars and a mountain dew on my way in for it 😜
  • Options
    @amygray725 oh man- our district (and state- Iowa) isn't currently requiring anything in the form of distance or e-learning right now, but I live on the Wisconsin border and the district my friends' kids go to has been assigning SO MUCH. My one friend with 4 kids has to go to the school twice a week to physically hand in assignments so her kids get credit for them. This is in addition to all of the work they are assigned online. They have a folder for each child, every day of the week with work they have to get through and it's insane to me. The parents are still working and then spending hours every day on this stuff. Thanks for being a teacher who understands that families *will* have a hard enough time during this mess, and don't need the added anxiety and pressure of so much additional work. 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited April 2020
    @amygray725 sorry you’re not feeling well, hopefully you start feeling better soon! As far as the registry, I’m not sure what to do either on that. A couple family members have asked so I’ve sent it to them or at least told them where we’re registered, but I feel weird just sending it out to everyone if we aren’t having a shower, ya know? I skim the community section in another pregnancy app and it seems like a lot of people there are doing virtual showers. We are most likely going to do one for MH’s cousin who just found out she’s pregnant, due in June so they have literally nothing and not much time to prepare- not to mention they aren’t in the best financial position either. I saw a cute idea online to send everyone a little box with like a party hat, cookie, some other sort of favor and then you just do a Zoom meeting or something to open gifts. I’ll put the link in a spoiler. I haven’t decided what to do yet. I don’t expect anyone to buy me stuff but obviously it would be really nice to not have to buy everything ourselves.

• Options
    @b_1029 agree! even at a distance, it's nice to have the support of you all along with my friends and family. We are all going through similar situations (even non-pregnancy ones!) 

@modoodles I'll definitely stay away from eating and drinking those items :p I also asked my sister-in-law if she had any advice and she mentioned to me that even eating carbs beforehand can alter results... now I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to have for breakfast the morning of haha. 

@amygray725 I'm feeling the same right now. Since my MIL was planning the family one, I asked her for her advice on the situation and she said that safety is our top priority and will most likely reassess beginning of May.. but with the way things are going I know it probably won't happen. Since we already sent out the invites with the registry link, she's thinking that we will just reach out and ask that they still buy items and send them to us and we can all meet up once it is safe to do so. I have a feeling that most people (we hope) would have some understanding in this situation. :( 
  • Options
    @shaqn0sis I made two fried eggs, some yogurt with chia seeds and a hot cross bun with coffee. Had that 2.5 hours before my test and everything was fine. In all honesty, if you’re not diabetic I don’t see how you can fail this test unless you literally eat snickers, cookies, and Mountain Dew right before you go in 💕 keep things normal so you get accurate results. It only helps you and baby to know, right? 
  • Options
    @amygray725 I'd maybe plan something for after (like a sip 'n' see) and send a save the date that includes the registry and a note that includes your address for anyone wanting to send things to help you guys out before the baby comes.