November 2020 Moms

April Symptoms

What’s been ailing you? 

Let's all remember, some women get crazy symptoms, some don’t get any. Lack of symptoms doesn’t necessarily mean  anything about your pregnancy. 

Re: April Symptoms

• 6w0d- Nauseous, exhausted, and having to use the bathroom a lot! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Feeling fatigue today, I had good energy since the weekend but now it's back. Boobs are still a bit sore!
  • @hedgepig I literally could have written your post! I am 9w3d today and finally feel like I am getting over the hump of nausea, especially if I am smart and eat a good breakfast,  The past few days a bowl of oatmeal and 1/2 a grapefruit have been helping immensely.  My energy hasn't totally returned to normal, but I see that coming soon.  And the BLUMP omgggg best phrase for this ever! I can't tell if mine is bloat, too much quarantine food or a real bump yet hahaha! So this term is literally AMAZING! I have been experiencing headaches a lot, but my essential oil roller has been helping with that as I want to stay away from Tylenol.
  • achsachs member
    edited April 2020
    I’m really relieved to see both of your reports of feeling like you’re getting past the worst of nausea. I’m 8wks6d. I had been vomiting 2-3x daily for a week but the last few days I haven’t. I still have lingering nausea, I’m not really hungry, and my stomach doesn’t feel right...but I’m not throwing up. I spent 2 days panicking bc I felt better, which I know is silly. I’ve developed a routine and I’m hoping this means it’s working. 
  • 6w0d today and nausea has hit. And still have insomnia multiple times a week. Plus all the bloating. I need a nap.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• The nausea and fatigue have come for me. I mean, I have a toddler and issues sleeping, so it's not like I wasn't fatigued already but yeeeesh. 
  • 8w6d I moved past my week of nausea and only have a few days when I get sick. I mainly just have sore boobs and fatigue now. Y'all, I sleep so much. I fell asleep on the floor the other day after we moved a bunch of stuff out of the future baby room.
  • 8w0d...still feeling some nausea but it doesn’t seem quite as gnarly as last week. I’m happy to see those of you who are 9 weeks feeling like the nausea is letting up, I hope this will be my last week of it! My boobs hurt worse than ever. I have had such bad insomnia at night, which is resulting in lots of fatigue during the day. I think it might be partly because I’m taking my prenatal at night and it makes me soooo sick. I am STARVING all the time! I’ve been getting hit with cravings too which really sucks right now because I can’t leave the house to indulge them.
  • 8w2d- I am nauseous and hungry constantly. Also, my sinuses feel like they are going to explode! I have tried everything short of meds that I can think of. Anyone have any hidden tried and true sinus pressure/pain remedies?
  • @1MommyRunner I know people that swear by the Neti-Pot or Navage (sp?) but I haven't tried them yet.  I am so sorry you are dealing with that though because sinus pressure and not being able to take all the meds is like some sort of cruel joke.
  • Had my first weird pregnancy dream last night - my mother was being really mean to me in my dream and I was crying really hard in my dream...I woke up actually crying! Disclaimer: My mother and I have a great relationship in real life so it was odd for me to dream that she was being mean. 
    Other than that, just sore boobs, bloat, lower abdominal pulling/stretching, occasional lightheadedness (mostly when I jog up the stairs), and headaches hitting around 7:30-8PM a couple nights in a row. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • I’m dying. That is all. 

7w+5

But really in the past 3 days I’ve eaten 2 pieces of plain bread and a banana nut muffin.... and like 47 million ounces of water. I can’t keep anything down and the plain bland stuff is the easiest coming back up. I’m down 10 pounds give or take. I’m starving but not enough to willingly make myself vomit. 

Other than that, I nap about 3 times a day. Thankfully the older kids have been [mostly] angelic. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @Ecat504 Oh no, that sounds awful! Have you talked to your doc? Are you taking anything to help?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• My. Left. Boob! HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS....HOLY!!

FTM - 6w6d - just this morning it started. I’ve had average sore boobs for the past 4-5 weeks, nothing AWFUL. Today it feels like someone is giving me a ‘Monkey Bite’ (ya know, where you pinch with your thumb between your pointer and middle fingers) on the outer side of my left boob. And it’s swollen and ‘hard’. My poor right boob is just kickin it. Being the good one. Is this what happens?! Is this my new normal?! 😓

Other than that my other symptoms are pretty chill thankfully!

@1MommyRunner I use the Neti-pot when I’m coming down with a cold usually. It’s literally the greatest $10 I’ve ever spent. I get the soft sided bottle instead of the traditional ‘pot’ so you can gently squirt the water solution. It is a MIRACLE for congestion! 
  • @lovelee3 the crazy dreams have started for me lately too, but last night I did dream we were having a girl even though I am secretly hoping for a boy lol. And the abdominal pulling and stretching and the lightheadedness and headaches are here too! At about the same time too! So crazy!

• @hedgepig ugh I tried to call my dr in desperate pleas this morning but they won’t prescribe me anything until I see them and have blood work done which is on Wednesday (in FIVE DAYS). I’ll likely perish away to nothingness by then.  
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @Ecat504 You're kidding! I barely mentioned that I wasn't feeling great and the nurse was telling me to go get B6 and Unisom. I haven't tried it, but lots of ladies swear by it. Maybe something to try in the meantime? Any ladies here with experience who can chime in?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• 9w2d here. I thought my nausea had started to subside, but now I've thrown up 3 times this week. My sense of smell is super strong lately (I can't stand the smell of ANYTHING), so maybe that's it. I'm hoping this is the peak and will stop soon.  
  • 6w 6d. I’m having ALL of the nausea. My stomach sphincter is made out of steel this time around but still pretty debilitating. 
    @Ecat504 I feel for you! I went begging to my primary who prescribed zofran which has helped take the edge off. 

Other than that.... just the usual intermittent cramping, insomnia, fatigue, swollen boobs, and “monkey-bite” twinges randomly (thanks for the term @mama-buckets!). But taking it all in stride as this has been what I’ve longed for the last couple of years (to be pregnant again....). 
  • I have had nausea waves so bad that they have kept me on the couch for an hour here or there. The exhaustion is also a huge thing. 

My mother informed me when she was pregnant with me and my sis, she was like that for the first several months. I’m just praying that this season is shorter rather than longer because we have two active boys and it’s hard to keep up with them during the quarantine season being in the house constantly. I feel so guilty laying down so much when they want my attention.
  • 6w2d here. OMG the nausea! I've been starting every morning with a good dry heave before having cereal or a banana. I spend most of the day either in bed or on the couch. Husband's been really understanding, but I just feel so lazy and unproductive. Nothing sounds appetizing except fruit. Besides that, I just feel exhausted all the time and boobs are pretty sore. 

Thanks to the ladies a little further ahead for the report that nausea is subsiding, but it sounds like I have a way to go before i can start to even hope for it to lessen! 
  • 7w 3d - today I was FREEZING all day. Anyone else ever had that as a symptom? I've had a hoodie on almost all day and I'm still cold. 
    Otherwise, off and on nausea, slightly sore boobs, and fatigue are on my list. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @crystalmir91385 I've definitely had a few days when I couldn't get warm too!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @crystalmir91385 omg I am FREEZING every day! Happened with my first pregnancy too! The whole first trimester. So weird!

Other than that, lots of fatigue, and yesterday, tears just started streaming down my face while I was scrolling through movies to watch! Happened twice my first go around as well. So funny....and strange....

No nausea thank god, but did gag at the smell of coffee a few times. 1 barf early on for no reason.
  • Nausea. Nausea. Nausea. It’s awful. I’ve been taking b6 & unisom and it helps a little. I’m also tired all the time, sore boobs, and using the bathroom every 35 mins. But I will take all of that 10x if the nausea goes away:( I’m just glad I’m working from home through first tri🙌🏽 I’ll be 8 weeks on Tuesday so hopefully the sickness slows down. Hang in there ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nausea, fatigue (is it naptime yet?) and I can't stop peeing - some cramping here and there.
  • @wychets I’m working from home too! Favorite not favorite moment...kids joining my early morning video chat with my boss. Bribed them with TV after someone stood on the desk and put her hair over the camera. 

Feeling? I’m hoping things are subsiding some. I had my normal bought of nausea yesterday morning then it went away around noon so I deep cleaned and organized the kitchen...things I don’t do. Otherwise, dizziness, exhaustion, random food aversions, ridiculous cravings, round ligament(?) stretching pain, throbbing legs, insomnia and THE craziest dreams in the whole world. I feel this time around I have all the symptoms!
  • Following up from my previous post (in case anyone was interested haha). I had incredible pain in my left breast ALL DAY on Friday. I slept hugging a heating pad to try to help. Eventually my breast became so firm and tight (and yes, brought along some beautiful tiger stripes 🙄). I was super duper concerned that something wasn’t quite right. I did some digging on the internet like I know I shouldn’t do and everything under the sun came up as a possible suspect. 

The next morning the pain was far more bearable, still sore but not excruciating. However, now the under side of my breast was a beautiful shade of pink all the time. 

While I was reading, I came across clogged milk ducts. I’m wondering if it might be the same thing? I’ve done heat and worn a low support sports bra all weekend and that seems to have helped tremendously. 

Has anyone else had a clogged duct before? Think that could be it? I have my first a appointment with my dr on the 20th and I’m certainly going to bring it up (if it doesn’t  come back before then). 
  • @mama-buckets ouch!!! Did you call your doctor to see if they had any ideas?? Might be worth a phone call. I've never had anything similar so I don't have any advice but I hope it doesn't happen again!
  • @crystalmir91385 I have also been FREEZING! I seriously can’t get warm.

I thought I had turned a corner with the nausea but nope...it’s back with a vengeance. Dry heaving all day.
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @mama-buckets. That sounds like a clogged duct or potentially mastitis if it is pink/red. Have you called your doctor? I haven't heard of it happening this early to a FTM but I've had clogged ducts before with breastfeeding and they hurt so bad. You might need to buy a manual pump to release some of the breast milk. I'd definitely call your doctor though if this is happening so early.
  • @mama-buckets Oh no! That does sound like a clogged duct, but I didn't know you could get them if you hadn't BF before. How are you feeling now? When I had one before, I massaged it and hand expressed milk in the hot shower, used coconut oil to massage it, lots of hot compresses, lots of nursing and eventually it cleared. Do be really careful as if it doesn't clear it can turn into mastitis. It may be worth a call into your doc too.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig and all!

A few days later and I’m right back to normal! The redness has even completely gone away. In my reading, I thought the same — strange that I’m having symptoms of a clogged duct but I’ve never BF before (or even been pregnant for that matter). I have been applying vitamin E oil twice a day, being sure to give a little extra message time to lefty. My appointment is coming up so I will definitely be inquiring then, if my curiosity doesn’t get the best of me before then. I may call before anyway just to find out what my dr office policies are for having my husband in the appointment with me are, so I might just ask at that point. 

All in all I’m so glad it’s gone that for sure!!
  • I wanted o share that I have had some success controlling nausea by taking a generic Pepcid every morning when waking up and then every evening before sleeping. 

I have had the worst sour stomach and heartburn which seems to contribute significantly to the nausea and obviously also causes heartburn. The Pepcid has done soooo much to control the nausea at least so I can force myself to eat which helps control the nausea as well. 
  • Any STMs out there having terrible round ligament pain early on this go round??? Mine has been so bad this time. I remember it being fairly bad with DD but I definitely feel like it started later. I’m wondering if part of the reason is due to c-section damaging the muscles?? Or just the old scar tissue (DD is 5) feels worse when it’s being stretched out with growth of baby #2?
  • hedgepighedgepig member
    edited April 2020
    @mama-buckets Yay for good news! Do let us know what your doc says - I'm curious!
    @krystrist2014 I'm a STM feeling the RLP (like the random twinges when changing positions) already, but not too bad yet. Someone else mentioned having some pretty severe RLP already though... @jaclyn0405 ?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @krystrist2014 I had RLP very early with my second. Nothing yet this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @krystrist2014 yessss to the round ligament pain! It is soooo prominent already and I didn't have it anywhere near this early with DD.  My appointment is on Monday and I definitely need to ask about it.  If I bend over for too long I get a sharp pain on my left side too.  It is beyond annoying to say the least lol.